Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2007, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,358 times

Advertisements

[LEFT]I am a single mom I have a three year old daughter, I moved to metro Atlanta (Smyrna) with my brother and his wife in Jan/2007 for a change which I loved. But it was something I just did at the spear of a moment I did not plan I found a job before I came but I had no daycare for my daughter, so I left her with my mom within two days I had to go back home (Fort. Lauderdale FL) to get her (problems with the father) from my mom. I worked in Duluth I like my job but it was hard I got off work at 7pm. And I could not find a daycare that was open that late and was reasonable. I could not get my schedule changed at work for nothing. I called my mom and let her no what was going on so she said when the summer comes she will get my daughter my sister met me in Jacksonville to get her and she went back for three months but I still had trouble getting that schedule changed at work. I had moved out from with my brother and his wife into my own place, but I was so lonely I miss my family, and my friends. so one morning came it was a Friday and I said I’m going back home so I packed everything that could fit making sure I had all clothes and shoes(lol) and got on the road about 2pm. And went back home when I got here I was happy but I have been here for about five months and I don’t belong. I was so happy in Atlanta I had a better relationship with my family. I’m just looking for a little help and want to know if there is anyone who has advice on me moving back this time as far as: schooling for my daughter, a job, maybe so programs that can help me out, I want to get back into school just some options> hit me back (LOL)[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 08:12 AM

19 posts, read 100,169 times
Default Moving to Augusta

Can anyone give me advise on moving here. Ok I moved from Trenton, NJ to Atlanta, GA about 7 months ago and my husband did not care for it so much then my cousin that got us to move there got killed as a a truck driver 1 month after us being there. Ok so we kept trying to stay there and make it work but my husband just did not care for it too much and I was just impatient on getting a job which I am Medical Assistant. Now I am back in NJ and I hate it here so much but we have a 3 year old daughter and I don't want to keep moving with her. But I visted Augusta, Ga so many times and I like it there would move there in a heart beat but I keep hearing the ecomony sucks, schools not good and alot of crime. We would like to know before we make this move which we want to start a new life in 2008.
Can anyone help me on this..... Also my husband is a cook will he have a problem getting a job....

Old 11-24-2007, 02:54 PM

64 posts, read 233,493 times
Confused,

If you plan to relocate do it before your child gets in to school. I am an only child, my father was transferred all over the U.S. when I was growing up. Sometimes we only stayed in a location for 6 months. I know it can be tough but at least small children seem to make friends easier than teenagers or young adults.

Good luck in you adventure, and may god bless you and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia