Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 04:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
While there are plenty of animal loving conservatives, they typically do not engage in the type of tactics you see liberals engaging in. How many conservatives who were sick at the idea of Obama being elected, were rioting in the streets?
How many are infiltrating liberal groups and trying to make them look bad by starting fights, holding up racist signs to imply the group is not worthy of being taken seriously, etc., etc. ?

Rest assured the majority of PETA members are far leftist kooks. Sure there are conservatives who love animals, such as myself.
But we would never be a part of a radical group like PETA. More importantly, if conservatives dislike something, they debate the idea on it's merits or lack thereof. They do not pretend to be a movie reviewer and make up false accusations trying to make the movie seem boring, just because they object to the way a dog was handled.
Sir, you are a partisan hack.

And you are clearly just making things up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 04:29 PM

381 posts, read 177,649 times
I remember this controversy. The proceeds of the film supposedly were to be donated to animal welfare organizations and charities, so boycotting the film is probably a double-edged sword. I hope the production team kept their donation promise.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:27 PM

16,644 posts, read 8,653,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sir, you are a partisan hack.

And you are clearly just making things up.
You are clearly being obtuse, or claiming to know things you are ignorant of. I saw the movie, and as I said, even taking into account variables such as taste difference, many of the reviews made false claims related to the movie. If you don't take my word for it, just read some of the repetitious negative reviews that do not mirror the movie in any way shape or form.
Then again, you'd have needed to see the movie to know this.

Which begs the question, whether you saw the movie or not?

Old 02-17-2017, 10:28 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,483,908 times
I though the investigation into the matter proved their was no abuse and tha the videos had been doctored to look like abuse?

'A Dog

Quote:
An independent, third-party investigation conducted by a respected animal cruelty expert into the treatment of animals in the filming of A Dog’s Purpose concluded that an edited video given to the gossip site TMZ mischaracterized the events on the set,” the American Humane Society said in a statement. “The decisions by the individual or individuals who captured and deliberately edited the footage, and then waited longer than 15 months to release the manipulated video only days before the movie’s premiere, raise serious questions about their motives and ethics.”

...the video appears to have been “deliberately edited for the purpose of misleading the public and stoking outrage,” and lists a detailed number of steps that the on-set crew took to ensure the safe treatment of its animal actors.
My guess is PETA staged it. They are against both animals in movies and people having pets. This was a movie with animals in it that was supposed to help animal shelters (and help animals get adopted). Very much what they don't want to see.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:01 PM

16,644 posts, read 8,653,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I though the investigation into the matter proved their was no abuse and tha the videos had been doctored to look like abuse?

'A Dog

My guess is PETA staged it. They are against both animals in movies and people having pets. This was a movie with animals in it that was supposed to help animal shelters (and help animals get adopted). Very much what they don't want to see.
They have no shame when it comes to pushing their activist agenda.
Here is a great wholesome movie that promotes dogs and families, yet they want to trash it just because of ideological nonsense.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:17 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,277,414 times
Well I saw this movie last night and thought it was lovely. I had no idea there was any controversy surrounding it till I pulled up this thread. I was anxious to hear what people thought of the movie however only ONE person commented on the movie in this entire thread and everyone focused on the controversy.

Well y'all missed a beautiful movie. Sad that the trainer did that though.

Sorry! Thought this was in the movie section not in politics... which would explain why no one commented on the movie!

Old 10-07-2017, 03:50 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,739,885 times
We have two retrievers who hate water for some reason (imagine that!). One of us has to hold whichever one we're bathing so we can get them with the hose. Otherwise they'll run all over the yard to avoid getting wet.

Does that make us bad owners? Should we let our dogs get progressively stinkier as the days go by to accommodate their water phobia? God forbid PETA should show up at our house on bath day.

Old 10-07-2017, 05:03 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,199,670 times
What dog likes to get into water? Most don't. Try to give a dog a bath and they will of course give most of us dog owners a hard time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies