Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 05:59 AM

4,157 posts, read 4,178,306 times

Advertisements

How do you know the dog didn't want to get into water? Did he/she speak to you?

If you are outages at that, then why not outage leash on dog. The dog constantly getting pull on the leash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 06:04 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,437,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
This is insulting towards the dog. German shepherds are brave, good swimmers and generally enjoy being in the water. Presenting one as a cowardly scaredy-cat is offensive to the breed in general and would probably seem offensive to the dog in question if it could read. These dogs are braver than many an animal-rights nut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
How do you know the dog didn't want to get into water? Did he/she speak to you?

If you are outages at that, then why not outage leash on dog. The dog constantly getting pull on the leash.

^^^ Check out the two people that can't read body language.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:11 AM

4,157 posts, read 4,178,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
^^^ Check out the two people that can't read body language.
^^^ check out the self proclaimed expert on body language reading and who also failed to read.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:18 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,437,330 times
Quote:
^^^ check out the self proclaimed expert on body language reading and who also failed to read.
Expert? No. Do I have eyeballs? Yes. The dog clearly did not want to get in that water.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:38 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Are you blind?

You ever seen a dog before? They aren't emotionally complicated creatures.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Apparently they forced a German Shepherd into some water when it clearly didn't want to. Almost drowned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71bbL-w8mpE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
There is nothing fake about it. Forcing the terrified dog into the water was wrong and the whistle blower who filmed the scene deserves to be praised for showing the truth.

When animals are used to make movies they deserve to have rights, not forced into submission . The german shepherd clearly did not want to get in the water and was shown being forced in. The trainer had no right pushing a scared dog into the water against his will.

The movie itself looks good but the director even admitted this shouldn't have happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The dog didn't want to go in the water -- they should have found another dog who did.

The movie crew/director didn't care what the dog wanted.

Their attitude was arrogant and hypocritical -- making a movie that is sentimental about dogs, but then they treat the dog like crap.

Thoroughly vile and despicable.

But not surprising -- it's always "Me first!" with such self-centered, arrogant people.
I saw the original story and clip and at first was NOT happy, then I did some thinking on it because I had originally wanted to go see it and then "the rest of the story" came out and I realized that clip was expressly edited to generate a specific emotion from viewers. I'd like to see the pre-edited actual film of what went on prior to and after the alleged incident. It may just show that the multiple takes before this one the dog had no issue and this time he did OR it simply is not what it seems to be.

I have a GSD and have done and continue to do extensive training with her. There are times when she just doesn't "feel like" doing what she's been trained to do and requires guidance or a push if you will, like a young child she gets stubborn.
As for the water thing, I guess I should stop bathing my girl because she puts up a fuss, starts barking after a few minutes and tries to pull away no matter how we try and bath her? I can tell you this, if someone heard some of the racket she puts up at bath time they'd probably think we're spaying her without anesthesia.

On the flip side, get her near a pool,lake or any body of water and she can't wait to jump in and play, to the point we've had to put a swim vest on her so she won't kill herself swimming around. While I love my girl to death I also understand that she needs correction and guidance or prompting at times to do what she is supposed to do. GSD's can be very headstrong and willful and are generally very intelligent. I have to believe they know exactly what they are doing when they refuse to do something just like a small child does. It's just because "I don't want to" not because it hurt them or put them in danger.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:15 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
They make a movie about a smelly and unsanitary Poopeater........that is the controversy.
People who don't like dogs are mentally ill.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I saw the original story and clip and at first was NOT happy, then I did some thinking on it because I had originally wanted to go see it and then "the rest of the story" came out and I realized that clip was expressly edited to generate a specific emotion from viewers. I'd like to see the pre-edited actual film of what went on prior to and after the alleged incident. It may just show that the multiple takes before this one the dog had no issue and this time he did OR it simply is not what it seems to be.

I have a GSD and have done and continue to do extensive training with her. There are times when she just doesn't "feel like" doing what she's been trained to do and requires guidance or a push if you will, like a young child she gets stubborn.
As for the water thing, I guess I should stop bathing my girl because she puts up a fuss, starts barking after a few minutes and tries to pull away no matter how we try and bath her? I can tell you this, if someone heard some of the racket she puts up at bath time they'd probably think we're spaying her without anesthesia.

On the flip side, get her near a pool,lake or any body of water and she can't wait to jump in and play, to the point we've had to put a swim vest on her so she won't kill herself swimming around. While I love my girl to death I also understand that she needs correction and guidance or prompting at times to do what she is supposed to do. GSD's can be very headstrong and willful and are generally very intelligent. I have to believe they know exactly what they are doing when they refuse to do something just like a small child does. It's just because "I don't want to" not because it hurt them or put them in danger.
I'm not making the jump between edited and what is clearly visible on the video?

The director himself denounced his crews actions, this isn't a conspiracy.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:30 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,543,687 times
The hypocrisy of these animal rights nuts is the only thing that bothers me. Who wants to see a dog, man's best friend abused? No one.

But where are these animal rights idiots when it comes to cattle and pigs and other livestock? Have they ever ventured into a commercial feedlot and observed the living conditions of beef cattle? Of course not because they are probably taking bribes for staying away.

And cattle are wonderful animals. All you have to do is watch a mother and her calf to see that. The calves are taken away far too soon and they live their short lives being force fed genetically modified feed so they gain weight fast so they can be killed for their meat. In fact, the feed is so potent it would kill them if they weren't slaughtered.

Remember that the next time you are reading the NYT with a burger or some bacon and eggs.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The hypocrisy of these animal rights nuts is the only thing that bothers me. Who wants to see a dog, man's best friend abused? No one.

But where are these animal rights idiots when it comes to cattle and pigs and other livestock? Have they ever ventured into a commercial feedlot and observed the living conditions of beef cattle? Of course not because they are probably taking bribes for staying away.

And cattle are wonderful animals. All you have to do is watch a mother and her calf to see that. The calves are taken away far too soon and they live their short lives being force fed genetically modified feed so they gain weight fast so they can be killed for their meat. In fact, the feed is so potent it would kill them if they weren't slaughtered.

Remember that the next time you are reading the NYT with a burger or some bacon and eggs.
Are you remotely familiar with PETA? Or is this shooting from the hip?

There's a ton against factory farming. Remember the KFC/Tyson fiasco?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies