Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 01:25 PM

8,340 posts, read 13,479,623 times

Advertisements

Imho, the worst spider-man movie of all the most recent versions. Lead was not charming but more like a timid yet over-caffeinated wimp with ADD. He also didn't seem to be as strong, quick or agile at the previous ones yet taken a lot of serious punishment but no cuts or bruises to show for!
Story sucked too so to make things more exciting, they added Ironman and his utterly annoying driver/bodyguard Jon Favreau whom looked disgruntled and bloated the entire flick.

It was like Deadpool minus to good action and humor.

The only saving point for me was I didn't pay for the ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 06:49 PM

735 posts, read 1,172,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Imho, the worst spider-man movie of all the most recent versions. Lead was not charming but more like a timid yet over-caffeinated wimp with ADD. He also didn't seem to be as strong, quick or agile at the previous ones yet taken a lot of serious punishment but no cuts or bruises to show for!
Story sucked too so to make things more exciting, they added Ironman and his utterly annoying driver/bodyguard Jon Favreau whom looked disgruntled and bloated the entire flick.

It was like Deadpool minus to good action and humor.

The only saving point for me was I didn't pay for the ticket.
You are on your own with that one. I strongly disagree. This film was better than Spiderman 3 or the reboot that followed.

I liked the awkward teen who is still learning how to be a superhero. Hey everyone has to start somewhere.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:36 PM

12,400 posts, read 8,186,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
?

Peter still references his spider bite in this movie.

True it just wasn't the big deal that it was in two other Spider-Man movies a true blink and you missed it spot. Given the state of the MCU as it is today it is not a big deal. Everyone in their world who doesn't have access to a genetic scan would probably just assume that Peter Parker is an Inhuman who got in contact with some terrigen tainted seafood as I speculated in the Captain America Civil War introduction. But seeing as an Inhuman has yet to be introduced to the movie side of the MCU you still have the quick line with Ned about the source of his powers for the movie only audience assuming there are a few who are new to Spider-Man entirely..

Last edited by Taiko; 07-10-2017 at 08:56 PM..

Old 07-10-2017, 08:05 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,598,599 times
Apparently I don't understand the new Spider Man. I saw him in the Civil War. What is the name of his origin story movie? I don't want to watch all his movies but I do like to know any characters that come into Avengers movies.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:32 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,842,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Apparently I don't understand the new Spider Man. I saw him in the Civil War. What is the name of his origin story movie? I don't want to watch all his movies but I do like to know any characters that come into Avengers movies.
The better of the two Spider-man origin movies.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,046,798 times
Quote:
There isn't an origin story movie for the new Spider-Man. Homecoming is his first movie besides Civil War.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
There isn't an origin story movie for the new Spider-Man. Homecoming is his first movie besides Civil War.
Hm. So his role in Civil War has to serve as his 'origin story'? At that point, Iron Man had heard of him......he sought him out.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm confused between you two!

Old 07-10-2017, 10:15 PM

12,400 posts, read 8,186,984 times
Quote:
Hm. So his role in Civil War has to serve as his 'origin story'? At that point, Iron Man had heard of him......he sought him out.
His origin story as in telling us the audience how he became Spider-Man? The powers that be heard the complaints about needing to see Uncle Ben or Bruce Wayne's parents in Batman killed, yet again and went with the prejudice that the ticket buying audience all already knew the origin so we might as well be told another story.

In story Tony Stark saw on YouTube videos of the guy swinging around Queens and catching buses before they crashed into crowds and his investigators were able to figure out it was Peter Parker and that he had developed the tech for the webs he was going to use to softly contain Captain America. It is inconceivable that at that point Stark did not know about the murder of Uncle Ben when he asked why Peter was going the hero's path.. Whether or not he knew that Parker's powers was a result of being bitten by a radioactive spider or my pet theory just assumed that he is an Inhuman is unknown.

The second "origin" in Homecoming is Peter's friend Ned reading back something about a spider to explain the source of his gift. And actually fighting someone enhanced, to use the general MCU term, with full stakes instead of the half speed Avengers civil war where both sides were holding of punches in the Captain America Civil War movie.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:37 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,888,812 times
I just watch the movie and I like it. It has a youthful vibe and Tom Holland is really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies