Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 06:49 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,263,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I don't see how Parker making the same point at the end of Spider-man that Toomes made at the beginning of Spider-man and that was the central point of Age of Ultron would interfere with that.
Because Spidey has to be in INFINITY WAR, and that will happen before SPIDEY 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 11:08 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
I really liked it. Not a classic, but not a disappointment either. I know some don't like how this MCU version is going with the high-tech, Ironman designed suit/gear, but I think it's a fresh new angle for Spider-Man. I also really liked Tom Holland. Much cooler and more swag than the nerdy versions of Peter Parker (Toby McGuire, etc).

I definitely think Tom Holland is a good fit for the MCU and the Avengers.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:20 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Because Spidey has to be in INFINITY WAR, and that will happen before SPIDEY 2.
He doesn't really have to be an Avenger to be caught up in the Infinity War.

Old 07-22-2017, 03:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I really liked it. Not a classic, but not a disappointment either. I know some don't like how this MCU version is going with the high-tech, Ironman designed suit/gear, but I think it's a fresh new angle for Spider-Man. I also really liked Tom Holland. Much cooler and more swag than the nerdy versions of Peter Parker (Toby McGuire, etc).

I definitely think Tom Holland is a good fit for the MCU and the Avengers.
It is mostly true to Spider-Man though an issue I can see was that Parker didn't come up with the tech, Stark did. That said, that is a limitation in the existing universe that movies that come after will have. I will say Marvel has gotten better at explaining where other heroes are in movies.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:52 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is mostly true to Spider-Man though an issue I can see was that Parker didn't come up with the tech, Stark did. That said, that is a limitation in the existing universe that movies that come after will have. I will say Marvel has gotten better at explaining where other heroes are in movies.
True. I also thought they overdid the Avengers theme. Everyone knew after Civil War that MCU was bringing Spider-Man into the Avengers. The constant references and cameos throughout were a little annoying. Although, I thought Tony Stark ended up being a nice touch to the movie. From the previews, I thought they were going to overuse him, but I think his cameos worked well. He didn't dominate the screen like I thought he might.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
True. I also thought they overdid the Avengers theme. Everyone knew after Civil War that MCU was bringing Spider-Man into the Avengers. The constant references and cameos throughout were a little annoying. Although, I thought Tony Stark ended up being a nice touch to the movie. From the previews, I thought they were going to overuse him, but I think his cameos worked well. He didn't dominate the screen like I thought he might.
The trailers are always shot in a way to get people into the theater. I feel the movie was entirely what it needed to be. We haven't seen a Peter Parker in high school story. There were stories where Peter was in high school but it was not in the base story. Plus they didn't have to do the whole Uncle Ben deal we have seen in every other first Spider-Man film in a series. This was fresh. I really need to see it again. I keep intending to but keep finding a way to put it off...

Old 07-22-2017, 08:51 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,411 times
I enjoyed it much more then either of the Amazing Spider-Man movies. It was nice they did not just do the whole origin story again but something new. The only thing I did not care for is all the technologies of the suit. It seemed it was more of the suit then Peter being Spider-Man and it boggled down some of the fight scenes.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:08 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
Raimi Spider-Man > Spider-Man Homecoming > Amazing Spider-Man. Let us never bring up Amazing Spider-Man again. LOL

Old 07-24-2017, 06:27 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,560,674 times
I liked the movie. Raimi's Spiderman movies sacked in my opinion.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:51 PM

I think for me:

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming (but not by a lot)
Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies