Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 05:24 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,886,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramasfella View Post
I get every Marvel Troll is butthurt because Wonder Woman outgrossed EVERY SINGLE MCU film (except two...The Avengers and The Avengers 2), and was the only comic book film of 2017 that became a pop culture phenom. I get that.
Generally speaking, I like the Marvel movies better, but I wind up giving all of them my money, and Wonder Woman was the only DC hero so far who fully embraced her destiny to be uncynically heroic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 05:45 PM

22,953 posts, read 28,365,202 times
Quote:
Wow...is this guy seriously complaining about how realistic Diana's mastery of languages is ?
No. I'm complaining that someone claimed Diana had to ability to speak every language on Earth (which the film itself didn't claim).

Quote:
A comic book-based film about a woman who can flip tanks and channel divine lightning through her bracelets (that can also deflect bullets)?? See, and we wonder why nerds have such a bad rep as basement-dwelling and lacking in social skills!!! What else can we ***** about? Hey, real amazons would NEVER wear lipstick! Her hair should NOT be that shade of brown. Her hair should not be brown, period. And a Wonder Woman without blue eyes???WTF!
Real Amazons would never wear lipstick. And they don't need deodorant either, because their sweat naturally smells like strawberries and roses. Everyone knows that.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Generally speaking, I like the Marvel movies better, but I wind up giving all of them my money, and Wonder Woman was the only DC hero so far who fully embraced her destiny to be uncynically heroic.
Ditto.

The only DC-based movies I enjoy watching more than once have been The Dark Knight and Wonder Woman. Everything else they have released has ranged from bad to meh. At least their live action stuff. Many of their animated movies are excellent.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:35 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
Quote:
I get every Marvel Troll is butthurt because Wonder Woman outgrossed EVERY SINGLE MCU film (except two...The Avengers and The Avengers 2), and was the only comic book film of 2017 that became a pop culture phenom. I get that.
I want to love DC films though. I've seen quite a few honestly in theaters: Batman Forever (my first CBM in theaters), Batman & Robin, The Dark Knight, Green Lantern, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman V. Superman, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. I admit I've seen far more of Marvel movies in theaters (see spoiler tags) but I do love both. That said, in the latest version of the DC movies, I must say only Batman V. Superman was one I loved. Yes a "Marvel Troll" loved the first DC movie with both Batman and Superman in the same film and Wonder Woman in her first film. I also love The Flash on The CW more than any Marvel show whether on ABC or Netflix. I say this as I have not seen Legion on FX.
Spoiler
X-Men, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Ghost Rider, Iron Man,
Iron Man 2, X-Men: First Class, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers,
Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Hero 6, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, Captain America: Civil War, X-Men: Apocalypse, Doctor Strange, Logan, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming

Old 09-22-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I also love The Flash on The CW more than any Marvel show whether on ABC or Netflix. I say this as I have not seen Legion on FX.
My kids still love FLASH and ARROW and LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, but those shows lost me. They're just too "CW" if you know what I mean. They're soap operas for tweens.

I liked Legion a lot, but it didn't really feel like a "Marvel" show. It was more like The X-Files meets The Exorcist meets The Fugitive. And no snarky Whedonesque bad dialogue!

Old 09-22-2017, 07:23 AM

28,711 posts, read 18,886,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
My kids still love FLASH and ARROW and LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, but those shows lost me. They're just too "CW" if you know what I mean. They're soap operas for tweens.
I watch Flash (my wife likes it), and it's okay, but I totally understand what you mean by "too CW." Totally.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:49 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,993,081 times
Also, I wanted to say that if someone can change my mind about something with good reasoning and good arguments... I welcome it.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:16 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,993,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It isn't an avoidance, I just don't care what you said after that reply with the ad-hom attack.
I think that I can say this without Beretta deleting it, but what I said wasn't an ad-hominem attack.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:02 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,582,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

Ralph has got the best explanation: Diana learned to speak the world's major languages and any in use by any stray gods wandering the sphere. But every language on Earth? I don't believe it. And until you can produce a goddess to prove me wrong, I know I'm right.

Or being a God herself she knew already. Either way it's a comic book movie fiction!

Old 09-24-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Or being a God herself she knew already.
She's a goddess with a little g. Super human but not omniscient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Either way it's a comic book movie fiction!
That doesn't mean there are no rules. It just means the rules are different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies