Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 08:19 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,854,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Whether it is a war movie or western, whenever someone says "It's awfully quiet out there.", without fail someone else will respond:
"Yeah, too quiet."
Western except Blazing saddles are the hero is always white and the native american are the villains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 08:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,968,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Western except Blazing saddles are the hero is always white and the native american are the villains.
I thought they were sidekicks like in Lone Ranger...

Old 01-06-2015, 08:52 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,870,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I thought they were sidekicks like in Lone Ranger...
Uh-oh. Now you've done it. Something tells me we're about to hear about "stereotypes."

Old 01-06-2015, 11:07 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,482,948 times
If you are dying, you are coughing. If you've been brought back to life (usually by cheezy CPR), you cough. Stabbed? Cough. Poisoned? Cough. Electrocuted? Cough. Hit by a shockwave? Cough. Bitten by a shark? Cough. Near drowning? Cough. Crushed by a rock? Cough. Gas leak? Cough. Heart attack...cough...

Old 01-07-2015, 12:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,968,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Uh-oh. Now you've done it. Something tells me we're about to hear about "stereotypes."
I wasn't trying to bait stereotypes, it was more or less my understanding of the Indian roles in westerns rather than villains. Typically they are heroes, if only as a sidekick.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:46 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,199,387 times
Another ironclad rule for films is that if someone appears to have been killed, but the corpse isn't found, that person will be reappearing later in the film, or at least in the sequel.

You know what I mean, the villain who falls 500 feet into a rock filled river of rapids and does not resurface. The witnesses all agree that there is no way that anyone could have survived that fall, and everyone starts acting like we don't have to worry about that guy any longer. Or maybe he runs into a burning building and seconds later the entire building blows up...no way he could have survived..etc.

Of course he comes back, they wouldn't have staged the whole seeming death if they weren't planning the "surprise" comeback.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:40 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,723,661 times
Idk if anyone mentioned this but the slow motion cool walk. It is super played out.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:15 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,842,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Explosions!!!!!!!!! A character is walking away from something that is going to explode. Walking with a calm even pace, looking straight ahead, when the explosion happens, they don't even flinch. Bull hockey.
Remember when the explosions where initiated by the heros trusty zippo 90% of the time?

Old 01-08-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
All criminal investigations will require at least one visit to a strip club.

Cars involved in a high speed car chase will keep on running regardless of how badly they get mangled by collisions with fruit stands, newspaper stands, "road closed" barriers, other cars, jumping over obstructions, driving through walls, etc.

All cars being chased by people with guns will have their back windows shot out, but no one is ever hurt when it happens.
But car chases are always awesome. Actually I know there used to be a rule in video games that used lisenced cars, such as in Test Drive, and Need For Speed, that banned the cars from beinh wrecked, to not soil the image of the car, I think this applied to movies to a lesser degree, that and many cars are rented, a big example of that is in the F&F series, a lot of cars were real cars rented from sites such a CarDomain, car mags, and well know auto message boards, built by gearheads.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Or they live in an area where one side is houses and the other side is woods. They always run into the woods, which dramatically slopes downhill so that they run like two steps and then slip. Then they end up falling and tumbling to the bottom, hitting their head and passing out. Then they wake up and their vision is all blurry and the person who was chasing them in the car is now right in their face.
The white girl is falling over everything and nothing, the black people always die first. In the Michael Myers remake, when the black dude punched him and ran off, I was like; yes, finally, then a petty axe to the back, damn... so close...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies