Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,540,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
In the comics, Batman is one of the greatest characters ever. But that is something that NONE of the live action movies have been able to capture. They've done a good job of making the villains interesting, but Batman ... not so much.

And I agree about Bale. He's a decent Bruce Wayne. But his Batman is comical --- and mocked to great effect on NBC's Community. Thank you, Abed!

But I never liked Keaton as Batman either. He would've made a great Joker though.

I never saw Community as mocking Bale's Batman, it's just satire and paying tribute. I find it hard to believe somebody like Dan Harmon wouldn't like or appreciate Nolan's concept of Batman, but I could be wrong. I think Bale is by far the best Batman, and his voice doesn't irritate me at all. It's far more believable than the typical Keaton Batman or Christopher Reeves Superman where you are supposed to somehow believe that if you just take off your glasses or cover part of your face nobody, even those closest to you, is going to recognize you as a super hero. Give me a break.

The Dark Knight Rises is going to outsell The Dark Knight, because 9.5 out of 10 people that saw the Dark Knight are going to see this movie, period. Add that to the fans that came to the scene after The Dark Knight was on video. Very few people that sat throught the first two movies are going to skip on this one. The hype is unbelievable and the critic responses to early screenings have been nothing but extremely positive. Some critics are already saying that this blows The Dark Knight out of the water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,565,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
In the comics, Batman is one of the greatest characters ever. But that is something that NONE of the live action movies have been able to capture. They've done a good job of making the villains interesting, but Batman ... not so much.

And I agree about Bale. He's a decent Bruce Wayne. But his Batman is comical --- and mocked to great effect on NBC's Community. Thank you, Abed!

But I never liked Keaton as Batman either. He would've made a great Joker though.
Please enlighten us on the comedic stylings of Bale's Batman!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:14 AM

22,953 posts, read 28,358,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Please enlighten us on the comedic stylings of Bale's Batman!
Every time he speaks. He sounds like a constipated Dirty Harry. By "comedic," perhaps I should have written "uninentionally comical."

My prediction: TDKR will do monster business. It will beat Spider-Man, Brave, and the Hunger Games. But it won't topple the Avengers. It will finish the year in the #2 slot.

The only movie this year with a chance of outperforming the Avengers at the box office will be The Hobbit. And even then, I'd still put my money on the Avengers.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:12 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,765,018 times
I'm thinking the movie will pull in $165 million this weekend (Friday,Saturday,Sunday) when it opens. This would also include the midnight showing very early Friday morning.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:41 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,765,018 times
So far it is certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. It's run time is 2 hours and 45 minutes.

The Dark Knight Rises - Rotten Tomatoes

Old 07-17-2012, 11:03 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,127,654 times
if this movie if even half as good as Dark Knight was, I'm hoping the movie itself will somehow take physical form so I can have sex with it.

kinda stoked if it isn't obvious...

Old 07-17-2012, 03:09 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,015,910 times
I got my ticket for the midnight showing today.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:58 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,485,648 times
Will be seeing it this coming Sat, but, I no longer get excited about upcoming blockbusters after earlier disappointments this seasons. Definitely not relying on previews.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:05 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,949,028 times
RISE!

Old 07-18-2012, 05:19 PM

24,453 posts, read 23,140,757 times
Whats the deal with Rotten Tomatoes? It got some bad reviews and people went ape %$#@ so they closed them up. The plot looks kind of weak, IMO. Not much hype or interest, either. Maybe it needed a Marvel villain to jazz things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies