Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:11 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,284,027 times

Advertisements

okay, clearly - clearly the worst movie of 2008. and that's not even saying that Heath Ledger (who's death is the only reason that piece of movie has gotten so much praise) did not play a great villan. he was a great villan. but every single moment that Heath Ledger's villan was not on screen was excrutiating. that movie was so bad, that i now despise Batman's very mythology and see it only as a childish, selfish fantasy. here's how:

1. this f'n guy is born into...wealth beyond imagining. his family couldnt go broke if they were hell-bent on doing so.

2. at the age of 7 or so, the parents are taken out, so theyre outta the picture, and all that wealth is transferred to guess who. ah, so much money, and no parents to enforce any sort of boundaries.

3. luckily for Bruce, he will never have to learn how to run a company, nor will he have to worry about safeguarding his wealth due to the slave-like devotion of his late parents' employees. these unyieldingly loyal relationships which were cultivated by young Bruce's parents - not by him.

4. so when he isnt wearing tights and punching people in the face, he is "putting on appearances" by living the life of a billionare playboy.

does that not sum up the life of Bruce Wayne, the poor tortured soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 10:18 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,329,321 times
Did you see Batman Begins?

Old 12-29-2009, 10:53 PM

4,084 posts, read 10,467,761 times
If you think Dark Knight was the worst movie of 08' then it must have been the only movie you watched, and in that case it doubles as the best movie of 08'

Old 12-30-2009, 04:57 AM

542 posts, read 1,001,157 times
The reasons mentioned were not necessarily against the movie as it is against the character in general. I for one thought the movie rocked and Batman in general kicks ass.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:57 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,759,878 times
so you are mad that there is a rich super hero? I dont understand your argument.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:37 AM

mad that there is a rich super hero? no. and it's not an arguement. it's a theory.

basically, for all it's hype, that movie is SO F-ING BAD, it made me re-examine the very character in a negative light.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Did you see Batman Begins?
yes. and i thought it was pretty good as far as Batman movies go. then, when it comes to superhero movies, the ones that deal with origins (typically the first in a franchise) tend to be the more watchable, at least in my case. they're usually the only instalment with any story to them.

i'm telling you, everything about The Dark Knight, besides Heath Ledger's villan, is an embarrassment. and i think that in 5 years, when the posthumas Heath Ledger appreciation wears off, people are going to see TDK for what it is: drek.

granted, in this movie, Heath Ledger is good, but he doesnt save the movie - because every second he's not on screen is an embarassment.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:49 AM

23,725 posts, read 71,198,436 times
It was based on a COMIC BOOK fer Pete's sake. Geeze. Next you'll be moaning that Superman came from Krypton, and that the chipmunks are too good at singing.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:55 AM

5,873 posts, read 12,051,813 times
I went to the IMAX for the full experience. I didn't try to follow the plot or make any sense of it, it was just sheer entertainment. I don't think you're supposed to disect those kinds of movies based on content or character - it's just Action/Adventure for the senses.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:36 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,058,703 times
So, a year and a half at the movie comes out and you posted your original thread about how bad the movie was you decide to randomly do another?

It sounds like you have some personal issues and are possibly obsessed with a comic book movie. That isnt healthy. You should seek professional help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies