Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2019, 02:04 PM

219 posts, read 248,611 times

Advertisements

I got caught in the rain today while taking some pics and video of the new dam on Cobun Creek. Sorry the video is so short but you can get an idea of how far they've come.

https://m.facebook.com/djaerial
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 11:33 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,232,003 times
Was perusing through some meeting minutes from Star City and found this little bit of information about Clearfiber (the fiber optic company currently installing fiber around town): "Clearfiber has bounced 2 checks totaling $4,200.00 to the city. It was also learned Chad Henson has over 300k in state liens against him. Checks will be sent to Magistrate"

Old 05-17-2019, 01:19 PM

202 posts, read 218,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Was perusing through some meeting minutes from Star City and found this little bit of information about Clearfiber (the fiber optic company currently installing fiber around town): "Clearfiber has bounced 2 checks totaling $4,200.00 to the city. It was also learned Chad Henson has over 300k in state liens against him. Checks will be sent to Magistrate"
That really sucks. I was hoping they'd make it.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:43 PM

491 posts, read 611,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantown1 View Post
That really sucks. I was hoping they'd make it.
I'm sure someone else will buy them out.. really need another company here to break up the Comcast monopoly.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:10 PM

53 posts, read 53,110 times
Clearfiber is crap. They tore up a sidewalk on our street LAST YEAR and still haven't fixed it. It was comical watching them try to put the concrete squares back in with their cheap, under-powered backhoe, but they dropped and broke every single one of them. The weather was nice for several weeks after that, but they never returned to fix anything.

Oh, and they also broke the water line when they were trying to install their stupid underground cables. Was nice having the road blocked all day when they had to get the water company in to fix that.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:42 AM

120 posts, read 151,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell7845 View Post
Clearfiber is crap. They tore up a sidewalk on our street LAST YEAR and still haven't fixed it. It was comical watching them try to put the concrete squares back in with their cheap, under-powered backhoe, but they dropped and broke every single one of them. The weather was nice for several weeks after that, but they never returned to fix anything.

Oh, and they also broke the water line when they were trying to install their stupid underground cables. Was nice having the road blocked all day when they had to get the water company in to fix that.
Come on, don't be shy. Tell us how you really feel.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:32 PM

36 posts, read 45,581 times
I have a completely different perspective on ClearFiber. Their service has been exceptionally reliable for me and the speeds blow Comcast out of the water. I pay for $54.99 a month for 1000 mbps. For the installation they had to bury a line through my yard but were quick to fill the trench and spread grass seed. The customer service had left something to be desired until recently when they added a “text us” option on their website. To each their own.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:23 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,232,003 times
There is a bid out for bridge work to start August 16. The specifics state demolition, site work, paving and new construction of a bridge. It does not state where other than it being in the Morgantown area (essentially Morgantown, Westover, Star City and Granville are all lumped under Morgantown) of Monongalia county. I wonder if this is the work to replace the I-79 Star City exit bridge(s) which is currently damaged. Those bridges will most likely need to be rebuilt from the supports up to accommodate the new exit design anyway.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:52 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,264,146 times
I just traveled from PA to Morgantown, a short trip for me, but was appalled at the potholes (one huge one) still on 857 in WV. I mean when are these guys going to fix these things? It's been there for over a year now. And the road from 68 to 705 is also ridiculous, bumpy, with large sections caving in. All I can say is 'wow.'

Old 06-29-2019, 04:45 AM

219 posts, read 248,611 times
Try traveling on US19 between Morgantown and Mount Morris, PA. There are some very deep potholes that will annihilate suspensions and wheels at US highway speeds. Luckily I have their locations embedded in my brain. But people that do not travel that stretch every day are in for a rude awaking. Especially on the portion closer to PA.

The sad part is that on Monday I drove from Elkins to Lewisburg on US250/219 which is over a 100 mile stretch and didn't see a single pot hole. The entire road was immaculate. Just more proof that the northern part of WV is getting screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown