Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 01:45 PM

5,080 posts, read 6,405,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulaire View Post
I was talking specifically about civilian medical records.
Let me explain where you are completely off base.

I am investigator G and you are applicant S. I interview you,

'Any medical issues?'

'No.'

I go and interview 3 other people, and then ask them who else might know you, and someone goes and sees 3 others that you didn't list and can't get to. Somewhere in the middle of their statement they say something like, 'well, S did come to work smelling of alcohol a few times' or 'S stole from the till'.

You, and maybe other people, will be reapproached, directly asked if you have a rehab or alcohol-related incident or that theft on your records, and you will be told to sign a release for that kind of incidence. If you withhold information or won't sign the release, it's as good as saying 'I lied'. Maybe you'll succeed; maybe you won't and you'll get caught. Nothing is 100%.

Go ahead. Take the chance. Lie or withhold. I triple-dog-dare you. If you get caught and can't get a clearance, I will laugh, and sleep like a baby. If 10 years down the road you're doing another clearance and you forget you withheld the first time and list it the second time, you'll not get the second clearance.

It's ALWAYS better to tell the full and frank truth on these things than to try to hinge your career on shaky legalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues