Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 01:56 PM

515 posts, read 627,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
We lived in Palmetto Bay for about 27 years- sold the house and moved out of Miami in January this year-, and I'd agree that it was a great place to live. I'd say there is a good mix of ethnicities in the area, including a lot of Hispanics, but we had Germans and Israeli folks, as well as folks from other parts of the US around our neck of the woods.

I'd have to agree with you about the traffic, and in my experience there wasn't any part of Miami that was not at least as bad as that which you describe in Palmetto Bay. I always did my best to avoid traveling on US 1- taking either SW 77th or SW 82 Avenues when I could (although those backed up at rush hours too), and sometimes Old Cutler Rd could be an alternative- again, you're just stuck at rush hour. I liked the proximity to the Palmetto Expressway at SW 104th St. I used to take a "shortcut" to the Palmetto that took SW 82 Avenue north to SW 100 St (left turn) which ended in a direct on-ramp to the Palmetto.That was through a residential area so I'm not sure the locals were thrilled about the traffic through their neighborhood, but that ramp was irresistable when you considered all the traffic mess at SW 104th Street, and US 1 in that area.
Yes, the traffic is no worse in Palmetto Bay traveling on US1 or the neighborhood alternates as the rest of Miami. In fact, many places are much worse both in volume and logistics. At least PB is east. Many Miami suburban residents always have to drive North and East to get to the usual places.

If moving to the suburbs of Miami it would still be the first choice for larger lot sizes, quality homes, good mix of people with families, schools, peace and quiet and access to boating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami