Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 10:21 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,805,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOLee View Post
im Asian and i can usually tell an Asian apart.

My last job, i worked w/an Asian-looking dude.
i swore he was Chinese!
this guy didn't just look mixed or somewhat like an Asian guy..
he looked 100% Chinese... crazy.
they even called him Chino.

i've also seen a few Phillipino-looking chics..
i also SWORE they were Phillipino or atleast some kind of Asian.
nope.. they were all Mexican.
Yes, this tends to happen alot. Lol

Old 05-31-2016, 11:45 AM

860 posts, read 1,113,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
Most have Amerindian and European blood in them.

Then you have the pure Europeans and Ameridians scattered.

A smaller minority has African blood in them.

I disagree that a minority have African blood in them. I think a lot more have African blood in them than we think.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:23 PM

143 posts, read 193,197 times
i was told Racism doesn't exist.. but the darker you are, the less desirable?

Old 05-31-2016, 10:08 PM

10,116 posts, read 19,448,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
Maybe is because Filipinas was part of the New Spain.

Also immigration from China to Mexico has been constant since half a century.

Mexicans can be black, white, mixed race, asian, etc. That's the great thing about Mexico this is a very diverse country, but unlike USA people are not afraid to mix with other races.

Reductionist vision of the Americans is that Mexicans are indigenous 95% which is incorrect.
That's garbage! Mexicans are more race-conscious than Americans! They don't pretend not to play the race card, either

Old 06-01-2016, 08:08 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,240,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timschko View Post
Despite diseases and all, the Europeans present during Mexico's colonial era were not that many to truly change the physiognomy of the average Mexican of those days.

It is also important to know that unlike Argentina for Example, Mexico was never an epicenter for Spaniard immigration into the New world. In Argentina you find literally millions of direct descendants of Spaniards, with grandparents from Spain while in Mexico that is rather rare.

Spaniards in Mexico were always rather a community of expats, refugees (during the Franco era), rather than an sizable minority composed of old world immigrants like they were in Cuba, Argentina, Venezuela, even Brazil.

Mexico's mestizaje with Spain is more cultural than ethnic.
Men, New Spain was the most important colony in the new world.

Perhaps you do not understand the importance of New Spain at that time, New Spain had its own currency (Peso) and dominated trade between Europe-America-Asia.

Of course there were thousands of Spaniards living in Mexico and in the period of the conquest to the present thousands of people from other countries chose Mexico as their country, were mixed and the result is what you see today: a multicultural nation.

The difference in Mexico with other countries is that it is a huge nation, there is no comparison.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
That's garbage! Mexicans are more race-conscious than Americans! They don't pretend not to play the race card, either
Nop, we are not!

Old 06-01-2016, 09:37 AM

Please check this study:

http://www.animalpolitico.com/2014/0...evela-estudio/

I'm not taking positions, the answers are in studies by experts.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:38 AM

451 posts, read 467,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOLee View Post
i was told Racism doesn't exist.. but the darker you are, the less desirable?
I have never seen a country with a greater difference in the way it's government, business, and media elites look compared to the average Joe (or perhaps Juan in this case) on the street.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:54 PM

143 posts, read 193,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhiterose View Post
I have never seen a country with a greater difference in the way it's government, business, and media elites look compared to the average Joe (or perhaps Juan in this case) on the street.
what do you mean? they specifically look for white-looking people for the media?
this is every where..
white people/features dominate the beauty category.
you guys are top picks for everything beauty wise.
you guys dominate Media.

a few years ago..
they even deported a bunch of Chinese from here to help "whiten" the population.

And it's true..
Mexicans are very race conscious.. but it's more from curiosity, not hatred.
of course.. im generalizing and there are exceptions.

ie. the guy i worked for did not like me cause he felt i wasn't Mexican enough and ridiculed me in front of everyone, even talking about me in Spanish (he knew i didn't understand Spanish).
- i thought.. Mexicans complain about this in the States.. how can you guys do this to me?

Old 06-08-2016, 04:13 AM

19 posts, read 18,156 times
Mexicans on average are indigenous and you can clearly see it on their faces. I come from a mixed race country and you can clearly see the difference between a south American mestizo who often look ambiguous and hard to identify because they could be from anywhere, and a much recognizable Mexican mezo-American face.

The area where Mexico is had MILLIONS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLE and a handful of spaniards paired with diseases and a bunch of enemy tribes managed to toppled the Aztecs and then took over Modern Mexico forcing Mexicans to embrace European christianity, Spanish ideals, and culture while renouncing to their original culture.

However because of centuries of brainwashing by their media (mexican TV is full of white people supposedly representing the average mexican), Mexicans have learned to dislike themselves and to praise white/mediterranean Spain like beauty!!!

The smartest Mexicans know what is going on so they transcend it and embrace their brown color and the beauty of their ancestors.... But unfortunately the masses are still stupefied by Televisa soap operas full of blonde spaniard looking people sending them subliminal messages about how inferior they are if they don't look European!

Mexico will become prosperous when they get rid of:
-SOAP OPERAS
-CATHOLICISM
-FOOTBALL/SOCCER

Those three elements truly numb the average Mexican mind while the elites parasite from Mexico's wealth.

Sort of like how Americans are stupefied by exaggerated national pride, hollywood, sports and reality TV shows while the American elites screw them over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico