Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 05:31 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,965,446 times

Advertisements

Have heard that Mexicans are 90% Indian....on average. All I heard....no more details.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:45 PM

10,089 posts, read 14,959,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOLee View Post
not me.
not sure if it's because im Asian who grew up in a White Man's country,
but race is very noticeable to me.

i see some people who look just like the people i used to live with in the US.
then i see some who look like people from my ancestral homeland.
i hardly see any black people though.. maybe 1 or 2, and they don't look mix.. but pure Black.

it's definitely interesting.
Those are probably actual Africans that migrated there. Some Latin American cities are seeing an upsurge in African immigration. I know that in Buenos Aires is becoming more common to see Nigerians and other African people selling stuff in the streets. Its not as if the streets are full of Africans, but not too long ago it was very rare to see such type of people and now its less rare and becoming less and less.

Also, Mexico accepted a few Haitian refugees after the earthquake in 2010 as a humanitarian gesture. You might be seeing some of them too.

Also, I don't think that you 'see race' because you lived in a 'white man's country.' Rather you probably lived in the USA for a time and that explains it all. Not all white majority countries are as race obsessed as the USA. Many people in the USA are not even aware how race obsessed people are until they leave and see how things are elsewhere.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:51 PM

934 posts, read 1,128,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
At one time in Mexico there were more African slaves than Spaniards and about as many slaves as Indians because small pox deciminated the Indian population. Mixing is what allowed those with Indian blood to survive the diseases brought over because the Africans and Europeans had genetic immunity. After slavery ended, immigration from Europe continued but not from Africa.

Mexico had a black president, Vicente Guerrero. The very popular soup called menudo was introduced by African slaves. African influences may go back much further, the Olmecs "baby heads" would indicate that.

Speculation.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:27 AM

143 posts, read 192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute
Mexico had a black president, Vicente Guerrero.
Vicente Guerrero is not black.
He just had frizzy hair.. and a nice tan.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:32 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,655 times
No pictures or images are known of Guerrero.

The portraits, paintings, prints and drawings are posthumous and can give very varied images and perhaps erroneous as Guerrero was physically known.

Was called in to various biographies mestizo, indigenous and mulatto, so we really will never know.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:53 PM

55 posts, read 102,156 times
Quote:
not me.
not sure if it's because im Asian who grew up in a White Man's country,
but race is very noticeable to me.

i see some people who look just like the people i used to live with in the US.
then i see some who look like people from my ancestral homeland.
i hardly see any black people though.. maybe 1 or 2, and they don't look mix.. but pure Black.

it's definitely interesting.
I'm a Black(halfcuban) guy visiting mexico city for the third time and true I've only seen maybe 3 people who are obviously black so far.
But what surprises me is the number of asian people i've seen here, especially near reforma and condesa. Lots of mexicans have that asian phenotype too but I can tell the difference.

The people here are good looking for the most part, everyone looks atleast half native.

And are you really getting so much attention from women? I feel nearly invisable getting washed away in the tide of chilangos everyday..

Old 06-16-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takezoe View Post
I'm a Black(halfcuban) guy visiting mexico city for the third time and true I've only seen maybe 3 people who are obviously black so far.
But what surprises me is the number of asian people i've seen here, especially near reforma and condesa. Lots of mexicans have that asian phenotype too but I can tell the difference.

The people here are good looking for the most part, everyone looks atleast half native.

And are you really getting so much attention from women? I feel nearly invisable getting washed away in the tide of chilangos everyday..
OMG..
im shocked!
at one time..
i thought someone was spreading a rumor that i had a huge penis or something.
girls were all over me.
i don't understand why.

ie. on my way to work..
i get on the bus and notice this girl in the back staring.
in my mind, i thought: "oh hell no, it's too early, im not in the mood, i have to avoid that area".
the bus was so crowded i ended up right next to her.
i was holding on for dear life on a railing when i felt someone tap me.
took me a second, then realized it was her.
she even spoke English.
how often have you been picked up by a female who made the first move?

there's a black guy next door..
he looks Cuban or Spanish Black. (you know.. Black People that look Spanish like the Latin MLB Players)
i think he has a Mexican girlfriend.
i saw him walking w/a Mexican girl while she was rubbing his back.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:38 PM

55 posts, read 102,156 times
How often have I been picked up? In mexico city never. But by mex-american girls in Texas, yes I have. I know México city is a big place and everyone has somewhere to go but most people seem unfriendly especially those condesa hipsters.

But as too the original topic. Mexicans are a good looking diverse batch of people.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:08 AM

i agree.
before coming here, Mexican girls did not interest me.. at all.
now that i've been here a bit.. they've grown on me.
most have cute faces.. but are heavier at the bottom half. (if you know what i'm saying)
not sure what it is.. the food? genetics? exercise?
im certainly nothing to write home about, but i like girls with flat stomachs.

i try to steer clear of European looking Mexicans.
i like the exotic, dark hair/features..

talking to Mexican men they prefer Blonde Gringas.
in fact, if a European-looking chic walks by .. Mexican men drool and stare.
they really love Gringas.

Me? maybe it's because i grew up with them..
they don't do anything for me.

Mexican women can cook and are closer culturally.
ie. how many Gringas you know would eat Chicken Feet?
- Mexican women chow down on that *ish.
i personally don't like or eat it.. but the fact that they aren't so damn picky..
turns me on. i like girls who keeps it real.

hey man.
i wish you the best and a good time while you're here.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
there's a black guy next door..
he looks Cuban or Spanish Black. (you know.. Black People that look Spanish like the Latin MLB Players)
i think he has a Mexican girlfriend.
i saw him walking w/a Mexican girl while she was rubbing his back.
i wanted to give an update.
i saw another Black guy on my way to work, right by Revolucion bus stop.
he was walking with this fine ass Mexicana w/a skin-tight, 1-piece dress.
she had an amazing body w/a fat ass... yummy.
i was impressed.. and a bit jealous
they were holding hands.

Oh yea..the guy looked African.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.