Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:15 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,701,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebucats View Post
Just thought I would tell you that Pet Airway (which flies cats and dogs up inside the cabin - but no passengers) has informed me they hope to have service up and running to Honolulu by end of next year. Just in time for my move.
Again, Google them Pet Airway to find their site. Cost with all the other airline's charges is compatible.
Good luck.
Never going to happen.

Surburban does not have any aircraft that can fly from the west coast to hawaii. They will need to contract with someone who has the capacity and distance capable aircraft. that would mean cost far in excess of what any airline charges and way above what the existing cargo flight charge for pets in cabin.

Petairways already shut down once due to lack of money and they have cancelled more flight than they completed. they are losing over $1.3 million each quarter. Investors are getting gun shy already and if they don;t start making money by this year end, I don't see how they can continue operating. They carries something like 20,000 pets in 2009 compared to Continental with over 230,000 and Delta with way over 300,000. Even Hawaiian airline carries more pets than this airline.

They had promissed over 200 cities by the start of 2011 and what do they have now, maybe 20?

They would need to charge well over $800 from LA to HON just to cover basic cost of the smallest aircarft that can service the route and they would need at bminimum 150 pets each day. That's just not possible.

I would liove top see it happen, but there is no way any reasonable person in the airline industry see's a dedicated pet only airline from the mainland to hawaii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 09:28 PM

44 posts, read 109,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Never going to happen.

Surburban does not have any aircraft that can fly from the west coast to hawaii. They will need to contract with someone who has the capacity and distance capable aircraft. that would mean cost far in excess of what any airline charges and way above what the existing cargo flight charge for pets in cabin.

Petairways already shut down once due to lack of money and they have cancelled more flight than they completed. they are losing over $1.3 million each quarter. Investors are getting gun shy already and if they don;t start making money by this year end, I don't see how they can continue operating. They carries something like 20,000 pets in 2009 compared to Continental with over 230,000 and Delta with way over 300,000. Even Hawaiian airline carries more pets than this airline.

They had promissed over 200 cities by the start of 2011 and what do they have now, maybe 20?

They would need to charge well over $800 from LA to HON just to cover basic cost of the smallest aircarft that can service the route and they would need at bminimum 150 pets each day. That's just not possible.

I would liove top see it happen, but there is no way any reasonable person in the airline industry see's a dedicated pet only airline from the mainland to hawaii.

Thanks for the insight. I only went on what they personally told me. Wish folks would tell the truth but heck everyone is human and most seem to be interested only to be are out for a quick buck...

Old 05-18-2011, 09:30 PM

44 posts, read 109,920 times
PS: Can you site your sources... Thanks.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:44 PM

14 posts, read 24,633 times
I am interested in private jet ride share one way from los Angeles to maui Sept. 2014 with our two dogs. Anyone interested in a ride share? We would need more than a couple to help the cost be affordable.

Last edited by 7th generation; 08-30-2012 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: please do not post your e mail addy here

Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 PM

3 posts, read 3,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettster View Post
I am interested in private jet ride share one way from los Angeles to maui Sept. 2014 with our two dogs. Anyone interested in a ride share? We would need more than a couple to help the cost be affordable.

We are looking at moving to Maui in 2014 also. Timing may be different, but might be interested. Let me know if you get any more bites. Probably would be best to start a new thread to find more folks.

Dave

Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,779,644 times
Lessee, the pooch down in cargo can stand up, lay down, stretch out, chase his/her tail. Me, up in human-cargo, can sit rigid in one position with the seat in front of me likely in my lap. Now which one of us is more inconvenienced?

Old 02-14-2013, 12:50 AM

32,679 posts, read 48,185,877 times
One of the cruise ship lines has a cruise from Vancouver Canada to Hawaii, one way. Vancouver to Hawaii and then cruise around to the different islands. I don't know if they will carry a dog or not.

I suspect that if they do allow a dog, it would have to be checked into the state through the office in Oahu.

Sorry, I wrote down the details and now can't find where i set the paper.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:20 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
Only service dogs allowed on cruise ships.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:02 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,476,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
One of the cruise ship lines has a cruise from Vancouver Canada to Hawaii, one way. Vancouver to Hawaii and then cruise around to the different islands. I don't know if they will carry a dog or not.
A pet? No.

It does not matter how one gets to the islands, whether by plane, train, or automobile... or even walking on water... there is no getting around the anti-rabies quarantine regulations.

Personally, I'd take the 6 hours on a plane and be done with it.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 AM

406 posts, read 867,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Lessee, the pooch down in cargo can stand up, lay down, stretch out, chase his/her tail. Me, up in human-cargo, can sit rigid in one position with the seat in front of me likely in my lap. Now which one of us is more inconvenienced?
I've been thinking about glueing on a tail and pointy ears and shipping myself over as a doggy.

Mickey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui