Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:44 PM

3 posts, read 8,728 times

Advertisements

Jollydogs...I am really interested in your flight to maui or hawaii in the private jet where your pets canbe free. I am definetly not okay with the cargo thing either and would like more information on this please!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyDogs View Post
Just to let you know... we now also have a connecting charter flight going to Maui. So if you are heading to Maui with your dogs, please let me know. We will depart Van Nuys, CA on October 28, stop in Honolulu and then some passengers will continue on to Maui. Good deal! Only a little room left.

want more info on this flight going maui that is safe for our dogs?? love the idea and wanting to move to maui . can you give me any more info jollydogs?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,591,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyogirl22 View Post
Jollydogs...I am really interested in your flight to maui or hawaii in the private jet where your pets canbe free. I am definetly not okay with the cargo thing either and would like more information on this please!!
Aloha toyogirl,

Jollydogs has not been on for a while but if you do a search of all her posts I remember that she had a blog on here flight in there someplace might be the airline co that she used.

Good luck

Old 03-01-2011, 03:26 PM

4 posts, read 10,910 times
I am interested in sharing a plane to Honolulu this fall, 2011 and would love to find someone to share the plane with. I live in Seattle but can meet the charter pretty much anywhere, in order to save money and get me and my three dogs safely to Hawaii. Please respond if anyone is interested in sharing. The prices I am looking at are in the neighborhood of $40,000 round trip. I need only one way, and if we split it, it is starting to look ok...

Old 03-01-2011, 03:32 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,603,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awscromwell View Post
I am interested in sharing a plane to Honolulu this fall, 2011 and would love to find someone to share the plane with. I live in Seattle but can meet the charter pretty much anywhere, in order to save money and get me and my three dogs safely to Hawaii. Please respond if anyone is interested in sharing. The prices I am looking at are in the neighborhood of $40,000 round trip. I need only one way, and if we split it, it is starting to look ok...
You will probably have to pay RT charter fare, unless you can get people to come back from Maui to your destination. Usually, charter fares (one way) also bill for the return to their home base.

You might be better off taking a plane that flies direct to Maui with your dogs, drive to SFO, etc. United is great with pets. I did this moving from Seattle with my dogs; there were no direct flights to the BI that take dogs (Alaska only flies to HNL with pets). Good luck. Make sure your paperwork is in order.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:54 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,690,917 times
also make sure you are getting all inclusive pricing based on a set point and date of departure. Ballpark pricing or quotes are just estimates and you can get hit with additional fuel surcharges, landing, departure fees, repositioning charges, security fees, ground handling fees, pet accomodation fees and taxes.

An alternative is to get to LA and use a scheduled cargo only flight like PAC. You dogs are transported in the main area of the aircarft similar to being in a cabin of a commerical passenger airline. The draw backs are they only fly to Honolulu and are overnight flights. The positive is your talking a few hundred dollars instead of a whole bunch of trousands of dollars.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:39 AM

There are private jet charter companies that you can have your dogs in the cabin with you. Sometimes you can find other families with the same problem on forums here on city data trying to get a group to go in on the private plane to help with the costs and gets everyones doggies there safely. My husband and i are looking into it and i will post on here when we will be moving to maui and will probly be going this route with our dogs. Anyone interested let me know.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:02 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,690,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyogirl22 View Post
There are private jet charter companies that you can have your dogs in the cabin with you. Sometimes you can find other families with the same problem on forums here on city data trying to get a group to go in on the private plane to help with the costs and gets everyones doggies there safely. My husband and i are looking into it and i will post on here when we will be moving to maui and will probly be going this route with our dogs. Anyone interested let me know.
I probably communicated with over 2 dozen people who planned to do this but only 2 that actually were able to make a charter group to Hawaii. One had to scramble to the very last minute to get enough people to make the cost reasonable and in the end, she wished she never did it cause it really wasn;t worth the expense and hassles. The second person admitted that they took a beating cause they made promises on cost based on 10 passengers and their pets and the most he could get was 3 peopel and he had to eat the extra cost which wiped out a big part of his extra money to live on and last I heard, he was hurting big time because he was layed off from is safe and secure job.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:53 PM

44 posts, read 109,902 times
Just thought I would tell you that Pet Airway (which flies cats and dogs up inside the cabin - but no passengers) has informed me they hope to have service up and running to Honolulu by end of next year. Just in time for my move.
Again, Google them Pet Airway to find their site. Cost with all the other airline's charges is compatible.
Good luck.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 PM

44 posts, read 109,902 times
Here is the link I spoke of above.

Pet travel in the main cabin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui