Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:03 AM

10 posts, read 38,134 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am a member of Dog Travel and we are planning a flight for Sept 8!!! If any of you are ready to go to Hawaii at that time and your pets are cleared for direct release by then, please go to Dog Travel and check it out. It is pretty cheap to join and it looks to me like our best option for chartering a plane. Right now we have approx 18 (9 pets/9human) the more the merrier and a lower price. We are planning on leaving from Los Angeles. Many are coming from all over the U.S. to get this flight. Interested email me or check out Dog Travel.

Last edited by 7th generation; 06-13-2008 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Signatures are not allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Just an update about the charter to Honolulu in Sept. Looks like it may be a little out of my league regarding the price: I have 2 humans and 2 pets. Have been told that it may still come down as there are other factors to consider. Keeping fingers crossed.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:39 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,529,532 times
Default Maui has direct pet release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprtsgrp View Post
Maui now has a direct release setup in Kahalui for animals per DOA.....
Not according to the ag website, can you provide more info?

Old 06-20-2008, 02:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,009 times
Default Honolulu bound

This flight might still work for us. I had to double check on when the dogs would be directly released. And any time after August 28th, we are good. But it would only be 2 dogs and 2-3 people (one of which would be a nearly 2 year old child). How much are we looking at per person (human)?

Old 07-01-2008, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,591 times
Default dog travel to Hawaii

We have a home on the Big Island and would be very interested in a charter for our dog and 1 human out of LAX. please keep me informed.thanks

Old 07-02-2008, 08:50 AM

35 posts, read 183,606 times
Every airline has different rules, some depending on the cold or heat zones you fly through. If you follow every rule exactly you can get off the plane and pick up your animal. One mistake in their rules and they go straight to quarentine. If you have an animal that fits in a carrier under the seat some let them be carry-on. Confirm and re-confirm everything before you get on the plane. Plan well in advance because a limited number of animals are allowed and they won't issue a ticket or charge you for the pet [minimal fee] until you arrive at the airport. I made sure everyone involved with the flight knew I was bringing a cat. It is noted in their computer.
Some airlines let you pay to (somehow?) monitor what is going on in cargo. Each website has a section of FAQ's that covers travelling with animals.
Good luck to you and your animal family.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:12 PM

No airlines will let any animals on board in the cabin, under the seat (no matter how small) to Hawaii. ATA was the only airline that allowed that and they went bankrupt a few months ago.
As far as the charter from Dog Travel, it is still a go for Sept. 8th. Unfortunatey, it is way too expensive for myself and my two puggies. We are still looking for a way over to Honolulu from Los Angeles. They will be ready for direct release after 7/29.
Sure wish we could be on it If anyone is interested, I suggest that you go to the Dog Travel website and inquire.
Good Luck

Old 07-28-2008, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlohmann View Post
We have a home on the Big Island and would be very interested in a charter for our dog and 1 human out of LAX. please keep me informed.thanks
I hope I am doing this correctly, I am new to the computer world.
Anyway, I also live on the Big Island. My soon to be 99 year old father is having trouble with his memory, and his days of driving and living alone, are no longer a good idea. I am moving him to the Big Island in January 2009 (approx.). I will also be moving his baby, a mixed breed terrier. Do you think, you might be traveling again then?

Charter is possible, if it is affordable. We are on the central coast, but I could drive us down to LAX.

What do you know about Dogtravel? Seems like a great idea?

Old 07-28-2008, 06:59 PM

820 posts, read 3,037,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsousa76 View Post
We are currently in the process of relocating our family to Oahu and have come upon many roadblocks for us and our dog family. We have 3 American Bulldogs that have very limited weather restrictions (since they are "snub nosed" the weather restrictions are at 75 degrees).
Hawaii weather easily gets over 75 degrees... what are you planning to do about that when your dogs are here?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:23 AM

Default Moving dogs to Maui

Hi
Its petsits here. I guess you all know that the dog travel trip for 9/8 did not happen as the price was $6400 per head (literally, human and pet are considered heads) so..........none of us could afford it. So far, I am moving out of my house in California this Thursday 7/31 and will be staying with my sister in Oxnard until I can find a way over for my pugs....I am still working on a charter with ANYONE....but the main price seems to be about $61,000 for a plane to Hawaii and it holds 9 passengers. If any of you can afford that , if we split it 9 ways ) that would be about 6,700 per person, but the dogs would not be charged. Yikes...it is a terrible dilemna is it not? I am so frustrated and so sad. I do not want to put my babies in cargo....even tho' I have heard that Continental is very good with their pet safe program, the thought scares me to death.
On behalf of the person with the 3 bulldogs....I think the kids will all be fine as long as they have plenty of shade, air (fan or a ac) I am not worried about my girls once we are there, just trying to get them there.
Ila
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui