Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 08:19 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Moderna has now gotten their data package together and filed an application with the FDA for full approval for their Covid-19 vaccine. As a practical matter, there were already large clinical trials last year and many millions of people who've received the vaccine since - so there is no shortage of experience or data and information for people to look at. However, we continue to see certain people characterize the vaccine as "experimental" and people getting it as "guinea pigs", and a full approval will put the nail in the coffin of such specious arguments.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/01/s...-approval.html
From the other article I posted it might be awhile before either it or Pfizer gets fully approved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 08:21 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
Quote:
However, we continue to see certain people characterize the vaccine as "experimental" and people getting it as "guinea pigs", and a full approval will put the nail in the coffin of such specious arguments.
That may be giving people too much credit

Old 06-02-2021, 08:25 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Schedule the shots on a day off from work. Most people don't work 7 days a week. I know you know plenty that do
You're being a little unrealistic. The potential side effects are a well-known fact when going to receive the vaccine. While many have very minor aches, they fact remains that most people assume they are going to lose a day after receiving the shot. Whether or not that happens isn't the point, the expectation is there that they need a day of downtime.

There are many reasons why people don't have that day to spare and delay getting the vaccine. They may not have that day due to time, and/or money. People have stuff to do. Work during the week. Kids sports on the weekend. Home projects. Various social events. Working 2-3 jobs to make ends meet. Providing child care or services to others. Owning a business and running it almost daily. Unable to afford to stay home. etc. etc.

It's not the only reason people aren't getting vaccinated, but it is a legitimate cause.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:33 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
OK i give up then. I guess people won't be getting the vaccine because of their jobs.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:36 AM

12,426 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
LOL - yes, it's clear that there are some people who simply *want* to believe certain things, in spite of the evidence, and for them, nothing can be enough. I do think this will help with *some* people though.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:05 AM

12,426 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
From the other article I posted it might be awhile before either it or Pfizer gets fully approved.
Yes, at first I thought the data package was now complete on application for full approval, but I amended my entry here on this thread, because it seems that they had actually initiated the "rolling submission process" with the FDA, and "Moderna will continue to submit data to support the BLA to the FDA on a rolling basis over the coming weeks with a request for a Priority Review. Once the rolling BLA submission is complete, FDA will notify the Company when it is formally accepted for review."
https://investors.modernatx.com/news...sion-biologics

Old 06-03-2021, 09:14 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Surprised no comment on yesterdays numbers.

100 new cases, 3 deaths, positivity rate down to 0.7%, 216 hospitalized.

Those are some of the lowest numbers since the pandemic began, although i believe hospitalizations fell to 160 last summer.

Hopefully in 2 weeks we don't see a slight uptick

Old 06-03-2021, 09:48 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,097,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Surprised no comment on yesterdays numbers.

100 new cases, 3 deaths, positivity rate down to 0.7%, 216 hospitalized.

Those are some of the lowest numbers since the pandemic began, although i believe hospitalizations fell to 160 last summer.

Hopefully in 2 weeks we don't see a slight uptick
I mean, it would have to be slight or nonexistent! With as many as 70% of adults with 1+ shot, isn't the virus just running out of hosts...coupled with the low positivity rate which reduces the likelihood even further?

Old 06-03-2021, 06:44 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Someone mentioned this earlier but I agree that they should put in the report if the cases/hospitalizations would be considered 'breakthrough'.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:23 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Moderna has now formally begun the application process with the FDA for full approval for their Covid-19 vaccine. As a practical matter, there were already large clinical trials last year and many millions of people who've received the vaccine since - so there is no shortage of experience or data and information for people to look at. However, we continue to see certain people characterize the vaccine as "experimental" and people getting it as "guinea pigs", and a full approval will put the nail in the coffin of such specious arguments.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/01/s...-approval.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Nah. Still a no from me & most people I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts