Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 02:24 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,691 times

Advertisements

How do these articles justify your position that Youtube is funded by the government? Last I checked, Youtube had 15+ billion in ad revenue which, while likely including some tax dollars (e.g., military recruiting), is entirely a free market exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 02:51 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
How do these articles justify your position that Youtube is funded by the government? Last I checked, Youtube had 15+ billion in ad revenue which, while likely including some tax dollars (e.g., military recruiting), is entirely a free market exercise.
google owns youtube and google gets subsidies. If they recieve money from the government then they should not be able to censor because they could affect elections by supressing information.

If you recieve money from the government then supressing speech is the same as the goverment doing it. The government could even tell google and youtube who to censor to meet their agenda. Plus google has ties to the cia and so does facebook. Its a database that keeps track of people. I am too lazy to show you that they have ties to the cia and even if i showed you you would not believe it.

here is a link https://www.cbsnews.com/news/social-...cia-seriously/

Old 04-30-2020, 03:20 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Default Far off Events being cancelled??

Ok I can understand that events such as the Boston Marathon and RedSox season being dealyed and or cancelled because these are things that would have taken place or started in the midst of the Corana pandemic but I recently heard that the Barnstable fair has been cancelled and that takes place the 3rd week in July? Also being cancelled is the Cape League baseball season.

I just heard this morning that the Wellfleet Oyster fest is also being cancelled. The oyster fest takes place in mid October! How about the Provincetown and Plymouth 400 year festival? I'm sure that is the next to be cancelled.

Just how long do the powers that be, namely our elected think this virus thing is going to last?

Should we just roll up the Cape's welcome mat now and write off the Summer of 2020? What will happen next year when the Corona comes back as does the Flu every season?

If the Summer is cancelled there are going to be a lot of business's on the Cape that will be forced to close permanently.

How can they cancel something now that is 5-6 months away?

Are they being over cautious?

Old 04-30-2020, 03:21 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Ok lets get this back to MA focused discussion. I’m all out of tin foil.

Question for those out and about abs using masks. Are you putting them on when you go through drive-thrus, or pumping gas? (Self or full serve)

Seems to me the latest vehicle accessory is a mask on the rear-view mirror, but I don’t see many use them for the above actions.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:21 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
google owns youtube and google gets subsidies. If they recieve money from the government then they should not be able to censor because they could affect elections by supressing information.

If you recieve money from the government then supressing speech is the same as the goverment doing it. The government could even tell google and youtube who to censor to meet their agenda. Plus google has ties to the cia and so does facebook. Its a database that keeps track of people. I am too lazy to show you that they have ties to the cia and even if i showed you you would not believe it.

here is a link https://www.cbsnews.com/news/social-...cia-seriously/
When yo're reading the Daily Signal, does it also discuss the Trump admin censoring agency rhetoric or NATO language usage? Welcome to the adult table - all things complex are not conspiracy theories.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:27 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
I don't know what the planning process looks like for some of these events. However, I am assuming that events which are facing contractural or budgetary deadlines may opt to pull the plug rather than assume risk. There really is no reason I can see to cancel something scheduled for October at this point. I highly doubt the organizers of Wellfleet Oyster fest are privy to any kind of inside information from the powers as be.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:29 PM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Ok lets get this back to MA focused discussion. I’m all out of tin foil.

Question for those out and about abs using masks. Are you putting them on when you go through drive-thrus, or pumping gas? (Self or full serve)

Seems to me the latest vehicle accessory is a mask on the rear-view mirror, but I don’t see many use them for the above actions.
I am. Basically, if I’m outside of my vehicle in public, it’s on. And this was the case before Somerville made them mandatory. It’s good to get in the habit, and if I can even slightly reduce what I breathe onto a gas pump, common door knob/handle, or the drive through window, I’m going to do it.

How are people doing with gloves? I’m more or less going without on that front. It’s honesty a hassle and I’ve seen so much misuse, that I’m not sure the false sense of security they provide is more of a detriment than the protection they offer is a positive. Good hand washing, sanitizer in my car (lots of it), and being cognizant of not touching my face has been my approach.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:34 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
I have developed fairly intense spring allergies as an adult, with mid-April thru May being the peak. I'm not completely hating wearing the mask as it does help with the pollen somewhat. Now if I could just keep my sunglasses from fogging up...

Old 04-30-2020, 03:48 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
How are people doing with gloves? I’m more or less going without on that front. It’s honesty a hassle and I’ve seen so much misuse, that I’m not sure the false sense of security they provide is more of a detriment than the protection they offer is a positive. Good hand washing, sanitizer in my car (lots of it), and being cognizant of not touching my face has been my approach.
The parking lot of BJ's Club in Salem NH is like a minefield of used gloves. People just drop them to the ground and drive off. I doubt it is the New Hampshire residents doing this.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:56 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
I don’t understand why people just throw the gloves on the ground. So rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts