Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2021, 10:29 AM

15,798 posts, read 20,504,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
What does 2-3 weeks hybrid mean?
Sorry, I meant go into the office 2 or 3 days a week depending on needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 10:31 AM

16,405 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Ah ok. I have seen some folks say they might be going in a few days a week eventually or a week or two a month.

Old 02-26-2021, 11:11 AM

12,868 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
So....given the vaccines and opening stages have we heard from any employers (even small) about plans to "go back to the office"?
We haven't set an official date yet, and I don't suspect we will until there's more evidence that the light really is at the end of the tunnel. Optimistically, we're still talking end of June. But it's too early confirm at this point (and I suspect it'll be later).

I'm not in HR, but I know they're hammering out a "return" plan that largely expects to allow everyone to return to the office for normal workday hours but allows for flexible (and even full remote) options for employees that are capable of working remotely and have worked it out with their supervisors/managers. Based on discussions I've had with my closest circle (most of whom are managers), they expect that their employees will largely opt for the hybrid schedule. A few will be in the office every day, and some will likely work out full-remote arrangements. My staff all want to be hybrid which is fine with me. We will be rearranging the office to include more shared/collaboration space for remote/hybrid people when they want to come in. There is no intent to opt out of or renegotiate our downtown lease right now.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do. I think I'll likely opt for 3 or 4 days in office and maybe one day at home, some 1/2 days, or some combination. I'm really looking forward to having people in the office again (I'm here 3-4 days per week currently), but I'm also really loving the flexibility that I think will be permanent.

Old 02-26-2021, 11:21 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
I've been in person the whole time, but I'm split between the field and the office 50/50. We've had "non operationally critical" folks stuck in an adjacent building (but still in person) since the fall uptick but they've been told they can come back to their normal desks beginning March 1st.

Old 02-26-2021, 11:26 AM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Well there's an article on wsj about nyc..it isn't looking good
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-old...ck-11614296201

I saw book of mormon on February last year and then it all shut. Like I said before there's a difference between the health conditions and the economic viability of a business. Just because something can open doesn't mean it will make enough to run. A professional sports team expecting 75,000 people being capped at 5,000 might not be enough. A concert outdoors at 150 might not have enough when it used to be 5,000 etc. I still say smaller cities will come back from this faster because their venues were smaller to start with.

Old 02-26-2021, 11:44 AM

Didnt people think NYC wouldnt come back after 9/11? I dont really recall the city shutting down for a long time after 9/11 but apparently it did and people were remote for a while. This feels a little different since it's been about a year at this point and people are still fearful of getting sick. I imagine many people in NYC don't miss the commute but I'm sure many want to be in the office again.

Old 02-26-2021, 11:55 AM

I have mentioned that I adore WFH, no desire to head back to the office, but I have also noticed that I like other changes that have been made. For example, the library was closed during the pandemic. You could still take out books and they'd leave them for you in the front area. I would order my books online then when it was time to pick them up I'd just walk in, get my books and go. The library has opened again (limited hours). The books can still be ordered online, but now when you pick the up you have to go in, get out your card and get them from the librarian. Yesterday there was a fairly long line and i left because i didnt have time to wait. I was thinking I prefer to just walk in, get them myself quickly and not have to wait or talk to anyone.

It's kind of sad but I think we realized a lot of things could be done with much less interaction.

Old 02-26-2021, 12:51 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I have mentioned that I adore WFH, no desire to head back to the office, but I have also noticed that I like other changes that have been made.

It's kind of sad but I think we realized a lot of things could be done with much less interaction.
I also like WFH but I would be happy with a hybrid scenario and/or more schedule flexibility. I am hoping recent events will kill off the tendency of some office staff to be clock-watchers. Salaried staff should be judged by their output, productivity and other contributions; not by the number of hours spent behind their desk.

I like the social distancing and resultant increase in personal space. I don't know if this will last because many facilities and businesses are physically too small to accommodate it permanently.

Old 02-26-2021, 01:01 PM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times
If the pandemic has you down, I can recommend a small adventure with this Hakutsuru Sayuri Nigori sake. Unlike most sakes, this one is served chilled, and it has a milk-like appearance is due to the coarse filtration used in the rice brew processing - you shake it a bit to suspend the fine solids before pouring a glass. It's on the lighter alcohol side for sake, and very smooth, without a pronounced alcohol taste and with a little sweetness, and certainly goes well with sushi, as well as other Asian dishes and seafood dishes. Pretty easy to find in stores as the brand is a big one.

https://sakeone.com/product/hakutsur...-nigori-720ml/

Old 02-26-2021, 01:32 PM

943 posts, read 410,163 times
Wastewater data from MA. https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts