Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2022, 05:54 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
crazy (?)
If you want to close schools again, this is accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 07:28 AM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
The previous 2 posts are disturbing.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:07 AM

16,297 posts, read 8,126,207 times
At this point SOOOO many people I know have had covid over the past few weeks and/or have it now. They are all doing fine, basically have a cold.

Old 01-03-2022, 11:55 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
At this point SOOOO many people I know have had covid over the past few weeks and/or have it now. They are all doing fine, basically have a cold.
Anecdotally, my 20-something daughter is saying that Covid is "rampant" among her friends. Which got in the way of her social plans during the past 2 weeks' holidays!

Old 01-03-2022, 12:10 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
My middle daughter had it over Christmas. It didn't last too long, she left on her Caribbean vacation last Thursday.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:57 PM

779 posts, read 876,560 times
Several friends' kids are home today due to testing positive over the past day or two. The school policy is that they can return to school five days after the start of symptoms, so even though the kids are technically still testing positive they can all go back tomorrow. We usually do pool testing on Tuesdays, so there are going to be many tests that come back positive, but the kids have already finished their quarantine. It starts to feel like there is no point in testing. I'm testing our family at home every 2 - 3 days, but it's getting expensive.

Old 01-03-2022, 01:09 PM

16,297 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
Several friends' kids are home today due to testing positive over the past day or two. The school policy is that they can return to school five days after the start of symptoms, so even though the kids are technically still testing positive they can all go back tomorrow. We usually do pool testing on Tuesdays, so there are going to be many tests that come back positive, but the kids have already finished their quarantine. It starts to feel like there is no point in testing. I'm testing our family at home every 2 - 3 days, but it's getting expensive.
Our school policy is the same.

The testing thing is getting annoying especially because whenever I go to the pharmacy they are sold out of tests.

Old 01-03-2022, 04:43 PM

12,820 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
This is true of our circle of friends too. At least 8 or 9 in the past 2 weeks. All asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic (cold symptoms). All are boosted. We’re testing once or twice a week and have so far managed to avoid it but it feels like an inevitability at this point.

Old 01-03-2022, 04:43 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
Pooled testing is totally useless when the case rate is so high that every pool will be positive...

Old 01-03-2022, 05:03 PM

779 posts, read 876,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Pooled testing is totally useless when the case rate is so high that every pool will be positive...
Exactly, so each of the pools will come back positive and the poor school nurse is going to have to then take each pool and break it down to individual results, then cross reference those results with the students on the "cleared" list. Any non-cleared student with a positive will be notified, but then in theory the parent can just say that the kid had symptoms five days ago and technically that kid can stay in school.

I'm no longer testing unless there is a close contact (in which case the testing happens at school, anyway) or there are symptoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts