Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2020, 12:30 PM

16,403 posts, read 8,198,277 times

Advertisements

Ugh, that is too bad. Did she get tested recently and learned she has it? Makes me wonder if the antibodies are still in the system? very weird. I'd have to assume someone in her situation is careful and not going out much or having people over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 12:32 PM

15,798 posts, read 20,504,199 times
She assumes she got it from work as there were multiple people out with Covid and it's the only place she's been other than home. She's a teacher too. She started showing symptoms on Friday and got tested.

SO far, her symptoms are just congestion and being tired. Hopefully it stays that way. Emotionally, she's a mess. The last experience was pretty traumatic for her and the family.

Edit: Scratch that. SHe told us 3 days before having symptoms she went and ate indoors with a coworker.

Last edited by BostonMike7; 12-14-2020 at 12:58 PM..

Old 12-14-2020, 12:41 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
To clarify: are you upset that schools aren't in-person or that the quality of remote learning has been disappointing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Both
Yes, both.

Old 12-14-2020, 12:53 PM

16,403 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
She assumes she got it from work as there were multiple people out with Covid and it's the only place she's been other than home. She's a teacher too. She started showing symptoms on Friday and got tested.

SO far, her symptoms are just congestion and being tired. Hopefully it stays that way. Emotionally, she's a mess. The last experience was pretty traumatic for her and the family.
Sorry to hear that, sounds very frustrating. Hopefully things stay mild for her.

Old 12-14-2020, 12:58 PM

How so too. Thanks

Old 12-14-2020, 01:06 PM

6,129 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
So...this is interesting.

My MIL who was in the ICU for 9 days back in March Covid? She has it again.

So far, much milder, but emotions are now running high again. Merry Xmas.
Oh my. Wish her the very best. What's interesting is that I know a colleague who just got discharged from the hospital. The person is still suffering symptoms, and was told they absolutely cannot afford to get Covid a second time! So much for developing "immunity" right...it seems like the medical community is not convinced at all.

Old 12-14-2020, 01:33 PM

Fortunately, this go around, the worst part seems to be the logistics of where she can rest for the next few weeks. She lives with family, and they were in the middle of selling their house and closing next week. Family is currently living elsewhere, getting tested, and trying to figure out what to do about this home sale situation. Let's hope that's the worst thing to deal with here.

Anyway. I'm tired of Covid.

Old 12-14-2020, 01:37 PM

12,868 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:

Edit: Scratch that. SHe told us 3 days before having symptoms she went and ate indoors with a coworker.
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully it stays that way. Thankfully, what research is available seems to indicate that instances of second infections should be milder than the first.

All the best to your MIL and your family. My mother is just wrapping up her own initial bout, I'm dreading the thought of a second.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:10 PM

875 posts, read 663,995 times
"Mayor Marty Walsh announced Monday that Boston will move to a "modified" phase two, step two of its economic reopening plan — and that mayors in cities surrounding Boston, including Somerville and Newton, soon will order similar restrictions in response to increasing strain on the health care system.

Boston will start the rollback from its current phase three, step one on Wednesday, Walsh said, and remain in phase two for at least three weeks — or, at least through the holidays. The last time the city was in that phase was in July.

Museums, movie theaters and aquariums will close. Gyms and fitness centers will be shuttered for "general use," though one-on-one training may continue with space restrictions. Indoor recreational activities like rock climbing, driving ranges and bowling alleys will shut down.

Retail, personal services, outdoor theaters will remain open at 25% capacity. Indoor dining — which reopened in an earlier step of phase two — may continue seating patrons as long as restaurants and bars serving food follow safety protocols recently updated by the state."

https://www.wbur.org/news/2020/12/14...s-museums-gyms

Details here
https://content.boston.gov/news/mayo...reopening-plan

Last edited by sawyer2; 12-14-2020 at 03:40 PM..

Old 12-14-2020, 04:55 PM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
Quote:
Fortunately, this go around, the worst part seems to be the logistics of where she can rest for the next few weeks. She lives with family, and they were in the middle of selling their house and closing next week. Family is currently living elsewhere, getting tested, and trying to figure out what to do about this home sale situation. Let's hope that's the worst thing to deal with here.

Anyway. I'm tired of Covid.
What a logistical PITA. I'm so sorry, I really hope her symptoms stay mild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts