Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2020, 08:14 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
That is also why the pandemic is acting like a seesaw with regions swapping places in terms of high numbers of cases. In the spring it was the Northeast and California, in the summer it was the South, in the fall it was the Midwest, now it's back to us and California.

No, it is everywhere now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2020, 04:00 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
It hasn't been announced yet, but there's little doubt our school district will be going back to full remote. These are old schools with poor ventilation, and they keep the windows open a bit for air circulation. The kids are sitting in classrooms with full winter coats on. Combine that with spiking numbers (and no doubt increasing further through the holiday season), this is unsustainable. I bet the letter is already written. They just have to date it.

Maybe a return after spring break?

Old 12-13-2020, 06:10 PM

3,176 posts, read 3,697,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
It hasn't been announced yet, but there's little doubt our school district will be going back to full remote. These are old schools with poor ventilation, and they keep the windows open a bit for air circulation. The kids are sitting in classrooms with full winter coats on. Combine that with spiking numbers (and no doubt increasing further through the holiday season), this is unsustainable. I bet the letter is already written. They just have to date it.

Maybe a return after spring break?
Remote learning is an absolute disaster. The fact that there are kids who've been out of school buildings for almost a year is a tragedy.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:27 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
Remote learning is an absolute disaster. The fact that there are kids who've been out of school buildings for almost a year is a tragedy.
We were just discussing this tonight. It feels like a dream, an ongoing nightmare. School districts have the gall to send out communications patting themselves on that back, when they have completely failed their students. Schools should have been among the top priorities, but they have been the last. Shameful.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:28 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,099,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
My kids have not been inside a school since March 13th. And I don’t see them going back anytime soon. Which I find absolutely ridiculous.

Old 12-13-2020, 08:38 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,045,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
We were just discussing this tonight. It feels like a dream, an ongoing nightmare. School districts have the gall to send out communications patting themselves on that back, when they have completely failed their students. Schools should have been among the top priorities, but they have been the last. Shameful.
To clarify: are you upset that schools aren't in-person or that the quality of remote learning has been disappointing?

Old 12-14-2020, 06:34 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
To clarify: are you upset that schools aren't in-person or that the quality of remote learning has been disappointing?
Both

Old 12-14-2020, 07:51 AM

448 posts, read 282,292 times
Im disappointed my girls are not in school, but I understand it could be best for everyone involved. I know for sure my high school senior is not doing well with it. My undergrad is fine, my grad student is fine, but they both would rather be in class, I know.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:34 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
I think every student would rather be in class. Just sad overall and hope we can really start to get back to some normalcy in 2021 at some point.

My kids are both in school. One is 5 days, and the other is 2 days. Both public school. In talking to them, they really do enjoy being back in the classroom even if under restrictions and more rules. But their schoolwork and attitude this fall are MUCH better than they were back in Mar-June. Lots of anger and frustration back then from them both and that's with a 3rd grade teacher in the house.

Old 12-14-2020, 12:26 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
So...this is interesting.

My MIL who was in the ICU for 9 days back in March Covid? She has it again.

So far, much milder, but emotions are now running high again. Merry Xmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts