Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2020, 07:12 AM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Oh give me a break, that’s exactly what you’re implying. You seem pretty butt hurt at the people who are able to work from home when there are other people out there who have no choice but to get up and to to work and anyone who can wfh is supposed to recognize their privilege or something. It’s not that much of a privilege.
You are seriously a piece of entitled work. I have set you to ignore several times but keep reading you out of sheer incredulity. Your envy and resentment of others, for various reasons, is a matter of awe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 07:12 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
And continue to belittle me by telling me I can’t read or think or comprehend. You basically are calling me dumb because you don’t agree with me on most of my views. What a kind, compassionate woke liberal you are.

Old 07-25-2020, 07:13 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
You are seriously a piece of entitled work. I have set you to ignore several times but keep reading you out of sheer incredulity. Your envy and resentment of others, for various reasons, is a matter of awe.
I will agree that there are plenty of people I feel resentful towards. But not many that i envy. Thanks for your two cents though.

Old 07-25-2020, 07:52 AM

Timberline had a problem with people working from home from the beginning of all this. He thought it was a bad idea. Apparently forcing people to still go in was the option but closing schools was fine. Unbelievable.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:34 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
And continue to belittle me by telling me I can’t read or think or comprehend. You basically are calling me dumb because you don’t agree with me on most of my views. What a kind, compassionate woke liberal you are.
NO. I am saying you are not comprehending, either purposefully or not, what I am saying. At all. You are blatantly making things up at worst, or not understanding clearly written statements at best.

For example, you're reading the term "guilt", where it doesn't exist in any shape or form in my statement. If you don't want people critiquing your reading, don't misrepresent what they are saying so that it seems like you don't read well.

It is fairly simple.

Thanks.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:38 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Timberline had a problem with people working from home from the beginning of all this. He thought it was a bad idea. Apparently forcing people to still go in was the option but closing schools was fine. Unbelievable.
I don’t recall that. I recall him saying that face-to-face communication is important. I started telecommuting full time in 2009 and the office was always a long airplane flight away. It’s really hard to be remote. For jobs where you create intellectual property, it’s almost impossible because so much gets done in informal small group environments.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Oh give me a break, that’s exactly what you’re implying. You seem pretty butt hurt at the people who are able to work from home when there are other people out there who have no choice but to get up and to to work and anyone who can wfh is supposed to recognize their privilege or something. It’s not that much of a privilege.
It is an incredibly huge privilege. Please.

And absolutey nothing I have said at any time has ever implied being butt hurt. You keep, at best, just making stuff up.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I don’t recall that. I recall him saying that face-to-face communication is important. I started telecommuting full time in 2009 and the office was always a long airplane flight away. It’s really hard to be remote. For jobs where you create intellectual property, it’s almost impossible because so much gets done in informal small group environments.
You don't recall it, because she made it up. I never said any such thing. If she interpreted something I said as it being a "bad idea" its either purposefully distorting something I said or more poor comprehension.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:59 AM

Nope I’m not making it up. You said you don’t see working remotely ending well for many companies and that numbers will come back and be poor and leadership will hate it. Guess what? It doesn’t really matter right now because people’s health is more important and that includes teachers right ?

Old 07-25-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Nope I’m not making it up. You said you don’t see working remotely ending well for many companies and that numbers will come back and be poor and leadership will hate it. Guess what? It doesn’t really matter right now because people’s health is more important and that includes teachers right ?
See. More poor comprehension. That is not saying it is a "bad idea" at all. I don't see it ending well overall, but that has nothing to do with it being a bad idea at all, but rushed and forced implementation causing the metrics to work against it. I explained that quite well. You, again, apparently don't understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts