Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2023, 07:05 PM

35,008 posts, read 16,972,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I see more Caucasians wearing masks than Asians. Grant it there are more Caucasians in the United States . There are still alot of Asians in this area. I think the Caucasians that wear them are more fanatical than the Asians. In the grocery store I see workers with masks usually young people and some with gloves on. Wearing the gloves is on another level . COVID is a respiratory virus it's not on surfaces. They are going to do a body cavity search. One time on the bus I saw someone with a mask and plastic helmet with a tube attached. I said no way.they made their own device.

There are tons of Asians that don't wear the mask here. I actually don't see many Asians wearing the mask here.
These are people who are scared of the world, and want mommy to take care of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2023, 08:01 PM

3,376 posts, read 1,540,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
These are people who are scared of the world, and want mommy to take care of them.
have you seen any glove wearers? they have the plastic gloves on. something you would wear if you were doing a body cavity search or committing a crime. I remember only in the very beginning of covid did people wear the gloves but no there are still some that still wear it. that is a severe psychological issue. I only see young women wear the gloves I have yet to see men wear the gloves. it boggles my mind.

Old 11-26-2023, 08:03 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Quote:

The random person wearing a face mask in public seems to be severely impacting your life. Have you considered discussing this with a therapist (not even joking here)?

Old 11-27-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
The random person wearing a face mask in public seems to be severely impacting your life. Have you considered discussing this with a therapist (not even joking here)?
Doesn't really affect my life except the times it is sporadically in my workplace. I am tired of being guilted,

Old 11-27-2023, 08:02 AM

17,676 posts, read 9,164,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
In the grocery store I see workers with masks usually young people and some with gloves on. Wearing the gloves is on another level . COVID is a respiratory virus it's not on surfaces. They are going to do a body cavity search.
COVID-19 spread in households linked to virus on hands and surfaces

Old 11-27-2023, 08:27 AM

3,376 posts, read 1,540,314 times
People wear gloves and then touch the face and eyes. The best and really only effective way not to get viruses is washing your hands. Not just COVID but many other viruses.

I got this from one site.......

"Gloves = false sense of security?

Thoroughly washing your hands for at least 20 seconds remains the best defense against COVID-19. But when you go to the grocery or other public places, you may not have access to soap and water, hand sanitizer or wipes to clean grocery carts. That’s why some people are wearing gloves. But wearing gloves can give you a false sense of security. Because the virus adheres well to latex and other types of gloves, if you touch your face at any point, you’ve still potentially exposed yourself to the virus."

You don't catch COVID by going into your skin but it's only mucus membranes. Washing your hands works because you often touch your face and rub your eyes or nose. Your eyes are the number one way you get sick that's another reason the mask is useless. I remember a nurse made me realize the eyes are the number one way.

Old 11-27-2023, 07:09 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
The random person wearing a face mask in public seems to be severely impacting your life.
Nobody believes this (or believes that you believe this).

Is this always what you do when confronted with an opinion you don't like? Literally tell the person giving the opinion that they're being driven crazy? Absolutely nothing about that poster's comment in any way points to him having any sort of psychological problem. Why, anyway, do you insinuate that he does have one?

Old 11-27-2023, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post

Is this always what you do when confronted with an opinion you don't like? Literally tell the person giving the opinion that they're being driven crazy? Absolutely nothing about that poster's comment in any way points to him having any sort of psychological problem. Why, anyway, do you insinuate that he does have one?
Thanks for the support. I always thought the lockdowns were “public health theater.“ Masks are a very symbol of that mentality.

Old 11-27-2023, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Doesn't really affect my life except the times it is sporadically in my workplace. I am tired of being guilted,

If this is actually taking place to the point where it causes you to vent about it on a public forum at the rate you do, then it sounds like you have a workplace bullying situation going on that needs to be reported to your HR department.

Old 11-27-2023, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post

Not saying anybody is "crazy" here, but it's clearly bothering him.

In the scope of what's going on now where we are on the verge of WWIII, are literally being invaded from the south, grappling with a massive drug epidemic, full breakdown of morality along with a diminished respect for authority, etc., I find the ongoing obsession of a small number of (total strangers) wearing cloth face masks (of all things)...to be a little "peculiar" to say the least. It's not really that I don't "like" his opinion, I'm just a little bewildered by it. I personally can't imagine going through life worrying about things like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts