Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 09:45 AM

432 posts, read 415,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
So it’s looking like roughly half the country is going to be eligible for a booster...
My wife and I got our third shots about a month ago. She got Pfizer, Moderna for me.
No adverse reactions to report. She had chills for a full day, I got maybe 15 minutes of chills in the middle of the night.
I have read these side effects or lack thereof mean nothing regarding efficacy, but it was reassuring to feel my immune system do something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 10:01 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Watch out for that oxygen. It could kill you.

(And flouride isn't banned in Japan. I've bought toothpaste with it there not long ago.)
They just don't put it in the water like we do. Most but not all toothpastes there do not have fluoride but sodium bicarbonate. I was just reading.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:04 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
They just don't put it in the water like we do. Most but not all toothpastes there do not have fluoride but sodium bicarbonate. I was just reading.
You read some interesting stuff. Instead of flouride in water they have a large and widespread flouride mouthwash program in the schools.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:25 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I still feel like there are a lot of questions around how this pans out long-term. Will everybody need a booster? How often? Will it be mandatory? What about those (like me) who've had covid and are vaccinated, will those people need boosters as well? I assume covid is here to stay because it can be passed from vaccinated to vaccinated, but will that eventually not be the case?

I still feel like there is a lot to learn about how we'll manage covid long-term--right now it seems like we are still very much in a data-gathering stage.
I think think the answer to those questions will depend mostly on both vaccine efficacy over the long term and the evolution of the variants. I say "mostly" because I also think there is a shelf life for the public tolerance of many of these requirements. In September of 2021, resistance to vaccine requirements is fairly limited on a large scale. I expect that resistance to increase over time. Support will wane faster if vaccine efficacy drops and/or the coming variants are less contagious and less likely to cause serious illness. Barring the circulation of a variant substantially more infectious and debilitating than Delta at this time next year, I can't see widespread booster and vaccine requirements across the country. Maybe in more "progressive" workplaces and in some cities like Boston, Somerville, Cambridge, etc. but not statewide. Certainly not nationwide. We'll see.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:32 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
I.am well aware of the dangers of nitrates in hotdogs and processed meat. I know enough if something sounds scary often times it's not . I look into alot of products because the history of companies putting dangerous ingredients in them. You should know flouride is a neurotoxin. Banned in most of Europe and Japan.
It's not nitrates, it's nitrites. Different oxidation state of the nitrogen. But it points out that ignorant people pick up on crap that makes no sense, but sounds scary. Favorite example--sodium is highly flammable, chlorine is toxic, but sodium chloride is benign. And it's fluoride, by the way...nothing to do with wheat flour

Old 09-23-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You read some interesting stuff. Instead of flouride in water they have a large and widespread flouride mouthwash program in the schools.
Yes I read that too same site even.

Old 09-23-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
It's not nitrates, it's nitrites. Different oxidation state of the nitrogen. But it points out that ignorant people pick up on crap that makes no sense, but sounds scary. Favorite example--sodium is highly flammable, chlorine is toxic, but sodium chloride is benign. And it's fluoride, by the way...nothing to do with wheat flour
That's my bad spelling and not because I don't know what I'm talking about . Hydrogen peroxide is what you wash your mouth out we all know this.

Sodium nitrite can cause cancer. It is used as a preserviative in meats often.

Old 09-23-2021, 11:19 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Yes I read that too same site even.
I didn't read it on a site.

Old 09-23-2021, 01:00 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default re

So it seems like it's heading in the direction that people will have to be vaccinated in order to fly?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/23/is-i...-experts-.html

Old 09-23-2021, 04:45 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,416,532 times
Perhaps we're heading for a legal crisis concerning government's rights to safeguard people's health, versus what rights people have not to cooperate.

And along the way, there would be issues of what a private entity (like an airline) can demand from customers. Someone who's told they can't fly unless they're immunized might sue. On the other hand, someone who claims they've caught COVID from a fellow passenger who wasn't vaccinated might also sue. Who ought to win? I haven't got an answer to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts