Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 04:54 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,207,586 times

Advertisements

ill go target shootin with you two ill bring my 50 its loud i dont want to shoot it all day but between the 3 of us we could pi** her off.we may need new sholders after shootin it all day but what fun it would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 05:10 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,251,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Don't forget to drive some copper grounding pins below the surface , so You can easly find the origional spots with a metal detector .

Rebar works better... it is ferris and shows up on even cheap detectors.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:43 PM

37,496 posts, read 61,477,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacop View Post
Ok the BAD NEIGHBOR is at it again..........a mud hole that is on the back of my property but tips into her land has now been OFFICIALY declared a SAFE ZONE as it has some kind of rare lizrd and frog living in it. The DEP sent me a letter telling me I cant not cut trees or do anything within 350 feet of it. No she did not just stop there though as I have heard that she is now raising an issue about my USED LUMBER piles that I have for my woodwork. Word has it she is going to the selectmen to ask that I build a shed so it can not be visible from the road. Not that the trees are not enough to hide it as she claims she can see it but the folks across from me can not see it.
Anyone know if there is a legal hunting season for these kind of pests??????????
I would be curious about that "Anything". Go to a DEP office and ask them exactly what 'anything" means.

"The DEP sent me a letter telling me I cant not cut trees or do anything within 350 feet of it"

Could you build a rare lizard habitat?

I mean lizards live underneath rocks and lumber, rusted out cars and drums.

Eagles hunt and eat lizards. Maybe if you spotted a local eagle or hawk, then the DEP granola-eaters would advise you on what you could setup to 'protect' them lizards from them mean eagles. Since they aqre requiring that you become a lizard sancuary, they should be able to adivse and help you to protect them lizards.

I am thinking of big piles of rusty cars.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:58 PM

874 posts, read 1,857,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
sounds to me like shes a peaping jane.if she wasnt so nosey and stop looking in your yard then she wouldnt see any thing.or maybe she has a secret crush on you and she is waching to see if you go out side in your speedoes and when you dont she gets mad.so my solution would be make her happy and go out and dance around in your thong or your birthday suet what ever your comefortable in and she may leave you alone.or me and maineah could come down with an old couch in our cover alls and swill beer and fart and eat cheeto's that would get her talking.
Cheetos? Isn't that taking things a little to far? Maybe just Cheez Balls.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:04 PM

78 posts, read 161,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
sounds to me like shes a peaping jane.if she wasnt so nosey and stop looking in your yard then she wouldnt see any thing.or maybe she has a secret crush on you and she is waching to see if you go out side in your speedoes and when you dont she gets mad.so my solution would be make her happy and go out and dance around in your thong or your birthday suet what ever your comefortable in and she may leave you alone.or me and maineah could come down with an old couch in our cover alls and swill beer and fart and eat cheeto's that would get her talking.
NO THANKS Ranger.....if that is what it sounds like to you I would not be caught dead with her even on my worst drunk. Picture a skeleton with hair on it and the eyes still in it..............thats what she looks like and about as bizarre as you can imagine. There are times I can see her coming through the woods if I am in the back yard splittin wood we gave her many a name from the old sea hag to the grey haired ghost and a few that they wont let me post on here and she just about gives anyone the creeps when she stares at them with those bug eyes stickin out of her skull.
Your welcomed to join in the fun and set up a couch and we can all eat cheeto's and fire off a few rounds into the woods. Heck I can even hang some targets from the trees so we have something to aime at.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:47 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,688,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacop View Post
Maineah feel like stopping by for a few beers some saturday and maybe do some target shootin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not a problem! We need the Weatherby magnums for maximum effect!

Old 08-03-2008, 06:58 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,471,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I would be curious about that "Anything". Go to a DEP office and ask them exactly what 'anything" means.

"The DEP sent me a letter telling me I cant not cut trees or do anything within 350 feet of it"

Could you build a rare lizard habitat?

I mean lizards live underneath rocks and lumber, rusted out cars and drums.

Eagles hunt and eat lizards. Maybe if you spotted a local eagle or hawk, then the DEP granola-eaters would advise you on what you could setup to 'protect' them lizards from them mean eagles. Since they aqre requiring that you become a lizard sancuary, they should be able to adivse and help you to protect them lizards.

I am thinking of big piles of rusty cars.
I can send amacop up a bunch of different lizard species. All sizes and colors. Throw in a gator and a few iguanas for good measure. That'll keep the old evil woman away. I like the pig area too, how about a few wild boar? They say we've got those out west in the everglades.
Happy to help.

A friend in need is a friend, indeed.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:29 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,395,251 times
OMG Leave a few chameleons on her car every few days for a couple of weeks, I bet she'd be tatally bamboozled!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:10 PM

37,496 posts, read 61,477,136 times
No no no.

See now that the state is involved, it is no longer just her. Yes you can gas-light her, but you need to be in full compliance with the state too.

I say go with the state's junk whole-hog and see what you can do in that manner to drive her away.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:09 AM

2 posts, read 2,397 times
Default Bad neighbour

I have only noticed one person on the block sweeping, and that is my next-door neighbour. He also sweeps his walks after shovelling the snow off of them. I haven't seen anyone else doing this, or sweeping up any stray grass clippings, but I don't see them moving their lawns either, so it could be that I am missing something.

Last edited by 7th generation; 08-04-2008 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: Signatures and links are not allowed per the Terms of Service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine