Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2020, 06:32 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,477,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5098 View Post
Here is the guidance from the Maine CDC. "Ideally within the past 72 hours".
https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/inf...s.shtml#travel
Thanks but I am not finding the word 'ideally' anywhere. All I find is that it HAS to being within the prior 72 hours, such as this statement:

"individuals must attest to having received a negative test for COVID-19 on a specimen taken within 72 hours of their arrival."

and this: "Provided your test was done on a sample taken within 72 hours of arrival, you may travel to Maine."

Both of which come from this document in your link:
https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/inf...0-06092020.pdf

So if I want to come from VA and it takes 2 days to get the result; then I have < 1 day to drive 15 hours. No way I can make a plane reservation in that time. And if I get tested in Maine when I arrive, where do I quarantine? I cannot stay on a motel....!!

I honestly am not much of one to complain and gratuitously make trouble BUT THIS IS STUPID !!! What kind of idiots are running this show? It simply defies logic that this is workable. It must just be political window-dressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 03:51 AM

901 posts, read 688,316 times
We have the same problem--first, there are no tests available where we live, in a very rural part of the state, and then we would have to wait up to a week for results, and it is 2 and a half days of driving.

So this solution is not a solution, that I can see, unless you live in New York or Boston and get tests quickly, which is probably the population they are concerned about, with respect to loss of tourist revenue.

Oh well.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:35 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,477,582 times
This is what is getting me.. the rates of new infections in NY, NJ, CT and MA have absolutely plummeted in the last few weeks, and are now normal rates compared to the other populous states in the US. The explosion of cases in that region (which was big compared to the rest of the nation, and was indeed a BIG concern) is not there anymore. I can't see this as being a reasonable epidemiological set of restrictions at this time. Perhaps they are waiting to see what happens as NYC re-opens? But in the meanwhile, Maine has a major economic activity dead.

The decisions at this point all around the USA are now economic and political. You are going to have some continuing low rate of new infections everywhere, regardless. Citizens all over have 'gotten it' as far as being more careful (at least as much as they will ever get it), and that seems to have made a big difference.

IDK the political power setup in Maine, so can't 100% figure this out.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:46 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,535,247 times
Way too many rules (that keep changing), regulations, guidelines, uncertainties, mis-information, ect.
See you next year!

Old 06-10-2020, 07:56 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,698,673 times
Queen Janet’s wishes are not law.

Queen Janet’s policies are not law.

Queen Janet’s recommendations are not law.

Queen Janet’s guidelines are not law.

Queen Janet’s suggestions are not law.

Queen Janet’s imaginary rules are not law.

Queen Janet’s principles are not law.

Queen Janet’s edicts are not law.

Queen Janet’s requirements are not law.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:44 AM

428 posts, read 554,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
Thanks but I am not finding the word 'ideally' anywhere. All I find is that it HAS to being within the prior 72 hours, such as this statement:

"individuals must attest to having received a negative test for COVID-19 on a specimen taken within 72 hours of their arrival."

and this: "Provided your test was done on a sample taken within 72 hours of arrival, you may travel to Maine."

Both of which come from this document in your link:
https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/inf...0-06092020.pdf

So if I want to come from VA and it takes 2 days to get the result; then I have < 1 day to drive 15 hours. No way I can make a plane reservation in that time. And if I get tested in Maine when I arrive, where do I quarantine? I cannot stay on a motel....!!

I honestly am not much of one to complain and gratuitously make trouble BUT THIS IS STUPID !!! What kind of idiots are running this show? It simply defies logic that this is workable. It must just be political window-dressing.
"The State will allow adults who obtain and receive a negative COVID-19 test ideally within the past 72 hours to forgo the 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Maine. Maine is strongly urging visitors to “Know Before You Go,” meaning they should get tested and receive their test results in their home state before traveling to Maine, which will allow them to take appropriate action depending on the result. Individuals may be tested upon arrival in Maine as well, but they must quarantine while awaiting the results."

Old 06-10-2020, 08:52 AM

23,654 posts, read 18,764,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Queen Janet’s wishes are not law.

Queen Janet’s policies are not law.

Queen Janet’s recommendations are not law.

Queen Janet’s guidelines are not law.

Queen Janet’s suggestions are not law.

Queen Janet’s imaginary rules are not law.

Queen Janet’s principles are not law.

Queen Janet’s edicts are not law.

Queen Janet’s requirements are not law.
Executive orders.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:00 AM

846 posts, read 1,021,558 times
So, I own a home in Maine, I am still a legal resident of NC and have stayed in NC since the pandemic began. I really need to get back to Maine. My home in NC is on the market and I am changing my full-time residence to Maine upon return as I am there the majority of the time anyway under normal circumstances. I can drive to my home in Maine and quarantine for 14 days and I am good? Or do I have to have a test to enter Maine? I know about the 14 day supply thingy, no problem.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:42 AM

901 posts, read 688,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiluver View Post
. I can drive to my home in Maine and quarantine for 14 days and I am good?

Yes, you can.

Old 06-10-2020, 02:44 PM

846 posts, read 1,021,558 times
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine