Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:32 PM

48,190 posts, read 22,033,450 times

Advertisements

I consider Portland the RIGHT side of the line. It cuts two ways!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 04:34 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,564,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Oh crap! I think I'm on the wrong side of the line. What do I do now?

Do I have to trade in my 14 yr. old Dodge P/U for a Prius?
If we're using the 45th parallel I'm ON the line. I'll trade my 11 year old Blazer for a Prius when someone can pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:38 PM

37,500 posts, read 61,499,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
If we all thought the same way about any topic, what kind of world would we live on?

It is understandable that some will be right thinkers, and others will be thinking in other ways.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:57 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,398,999 times
Right side, Wrong side,....as long as you're on my side! Makes me want to buy a Volvo and drive it around just to cause some controversy.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:05 PM

I can see it now. The yaya's on their scooters and msina in her brand spankin new Volvo! Thats a sight for sore eyes. They could be an entry in the Eastport 4th of July parade.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:40 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,662,398 times
Quote:
I can see it now. The yaya's on their scooters and msina in her brand spankin new Volvo! Thats a sight for sore eyes. They could be an entry in the Eastport 4th of July parade.
You mean I get a scooter again?? WOO HOO!! I had one here for a bit but it kept wimping out on me so I sold it.. I would like to get a small motorcycle again (by small I mean something SHORT that I can come close to flat-footing... unlike the 500 cc Honda Silverwing I learned to ride on -- at age 50.) I had to wear those thick sole Doc Martin books like the youngsters were sporting a while back... with the inch thick soles and 2" heels just to be able to tippy-toe the ground (when it was level... if it wasn't I SURE as heck didn't want to have to stop...)

I wouldn't mind a Volvo either... a wagon... IF they were still made like they used to be... the last-forever things... But a Volvo ain't a Volvo any more, unfortunately.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:56 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,938,522 times
Quote:
I agree. I think that Portland is on the RIGHT side of the line. At least part of the time.

Then again, when I am feeling sort of "out to sea", Portland seems on the LEFT side of the line. (and my wife says that she thinks I am out to sea most of the time).

Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,096,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
You mean I get a scooter again?? WOO HOO!! I had one here for a bit but it kept wimping out on me so I sold it.. I would like to get a small motorcycle again (by small I mean something SHORT that I can come close to flat-footing... unlike the 500 cc Honda Silverwing I learned to ride on -- at age 50.) I had to wear those thick sole Doc Martin books like the youngsters were sporting a while back... with the inch thick soles and 2" heels just to be able to tippy-toe the ground (when it was level... if it wasn't I SURE as heck didn't want to have to stop...)

I wouldn't mind a Volvo either... a wagon... IF they were still made like they used to be... the last-forever things... But a Volvo ain't a Volvo any more, unfortunately.
My wife is 5' short with a 26" inseam, she rides a Yamaha Virago 535 with no trouble. They aren't made anymore so you would need to find a used one. You could also go with one of the other cruiser models that will take a lowering kit to get it a little closer to the ground if it's 2 or 3 inches too high.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:31 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,715,261 times
It's official! The New York Times today has an article on Kingfield, Maine that mentions the Volvo Line.

The Simple Life, North of ‘the Volvo Line’ - New York Times

They didn't get it right of course, but the existence of the Volvo Line is confirmed, documented and archived for all time.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:36 AM

Lines cut both ways........divisions always seperate and damage the whole. I doubt the NYT is the paper of choice with those who are heavily invested in the maginot line dividing maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine