Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2019, 03:28 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,691,590 times

Advertisements

Forecast is cold and sunny for a week now. Time to get all trimmed up for February, our coldest and snowiest month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 07:39 PM

749 posts, read 419,212 times
Currently here in Aurora, ME 6F Degrees, Expected Low -2F Degrees, Dew Point 2F Degrees, Winds WNW 10MPH....Clear and the Constilations keenly visable!
Brillantly beautiful day! Whisps of clouds decorated the Azure, blue skies today...
One would catch their breath, while checking the mail and tending to the wildlife encroaching upon humanity for mercy...
The Chickadees were the first to respond to a call for Fresh Suet Cakes...The Blue Jays made their appearance, all puffed-up in an attempt to keep warm..while gobbling the extra seed left under their feeder..The Downy-Headed Woodpecker heard the Chickadees call and ate their fill...
Once again, the little red squirrel, named, "Sammy Acorn," appeared and scared the Blue Jays away from the feeder. (It's obvious he's become territorial about the, "BIRD Seed in the BIRD Feeders."), and is spied now and then perched on top of the pole from which the, "Bird Feeders and Suet," is hung...Little Tenacious, Bugger captured my heart...Therefore, no mineral oil will be placed on the pole from which the Birdfeeders and Suet hangs....
Here's hoping that Sammy Acorn will make it though winter to plesantly annoy me during Spring and Summer!

Old 01-13-2019, 01:26 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,132,782 times
Coastal storm for next weekend!

Old 01-13-2019, 02:43 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,301,792 times
Cold... just cold..

I feel like we have been " jipped" this year as far as snow.

That being said, most of the local lakes have 16" in ice depth. Time for ice fishing I guess.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:03 PM

846 posts, read 1,020,921 times
10 degrees on the St. Croix according to my Snap On Multi-Laser infrared Thermometer Santa brought me, its great for frying turkey’s too!

Old 01-13-2019, 04:29 PM

254 posts, read 204,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
Currently here in Aurora, ME 6F Degrees, Expected Low -2F Degrees, Dew Point 2F Degrees, Winds WNW 10MPH....Clear and the Constilations keenly visable!
Brillantly beautiful day! Whisps of clouds decorated the Azure, blue skies today...
One would catch their breath, while checking the mail and tending to the wildlife encroaching upon humanity for mercy...
The Chickadees were the first to respond to a call for Fresh Suet Cakes...The Blue Jays made their appearance, all puffed-up in an attempt to keep warm..while gobbling the extra seed left under their feeder..The Downy-Headed Woodpecker heard the Chickadees call and ate their fill...
Once again, the little red squirrel, named, "Sammy Acorn," appeared and scared the Blue Jays away from the feeder. (It's obvious he's become territorial about the, "BIRD Seed in the BIRD Feeders."), and is spied now and then perched on top of the pole from which the, "Bird Feeders and Suet," is hung...Little Tenacious, Bugger captured my heart...Therefore, no mineral oil will be placed on the pole from which the Birdfeeders and Suet hangs....
Here's hoping that Sammy Acorn will make it though winter to plesantly annoy me during Spring and Summer!
Can you take some photos and post?

Old 01-13-2019, 06:37 PM

217 posts, read 200,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Yep, that's really getting hyped up at a weather forum I frequent. Being a week out, I'm keeping one eye on it so far.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:21 AM

83,540 posts, read 75,373,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_MD View Post
Can you take some photos and post?

I love photos! And in this era its so easy to click, upload and post it should take less than 2 minutes even with a cell phone. Not sure why more members don't post. I visit the Photo thread often from different states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheCreek View Post
Yep, that's really getting hyped up at a weather forum I frequent. Being a week out, I'm keeping one eye on it so far.

Sorry for being missing in action in this thread, been busy with work, life, and focused my time in the Weather forum with this past storm that hit Missouri and Virginia. Ignore those dumb "rate this" threads. I'm working with a mod to get those to stop.

Yeah, there's snow event on Friday, then the big on one Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineborzoi View Post
Cold... just cold..

At least you guys been getting snow all winter. Portland with 2 feet. Bangor with almost 3 feet. Caribou with 6 feet. All Above normal to date. Coast less above normal than interior.

Current temps. Definitely a cold one out there.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:22 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,427,643 times
-8 yesterday morning and -14 this morning.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:55 AM

846 posts, read 1,020,921 times
Minus 7 here around 2 am. How do I know that? Dog wanted to go out! He misses the wife. He usually makes it through the night. She should be back from New Zealand (and the summer weather) Thursday if she doesn’t hit bad weather or TSA issues on the trip home.salt water is froze up down on the waterfront
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine