Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 05:14 PM

411 posts, read 899,803 times

Advertisements

I got gotten as well by the Christmas Moose, yesterday! I also think it may have a beard, and a Willy. lol

Molly, glad you are back girl!!! We missed you!

Star, get better, it sucks being sick. Take some time to yourself, and think well thoughts. Can't wait till you get here for good!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:17 PM

Snow update: snowing again, got about 22 inches now. Getting tired of hubby being gone. Poor man has had it. Got my car out of the driveway, wasn't fun. 5 plowdrivers drove by, no one stopped to help. GRRRR! Where is the Christmas spirit folks? Anyway, got out, got to Bangor, got bunny food and cat food, saw hubby, got gas, got home. Roads starting to really ice up. Got home to have to shovel drive before I could get back in. Got 3 feet into icy drive, gave up, and gunned the sucker in the drive. Trudged to barn, got chores done, spent time w/ pregnant goat due to kid anytime, and trudged back to house. Got doggies outside, and then got my bedroom carpet steamed. Talked to hubby, he has a meeting now at 9pm, and won't be home till at least 10. He's beat, still only 2 hours sleep. He and one other guy are the only ones still out. Everyone else has been home and showered, ate and slept. he's starting to get annoyed, and I want someone to cuddle with tonight! lol

Oh yes, why do any of you care? Well, you don't of course, but it's a good place to vent when I need to. The ya ya's will understand.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:42 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,905 times
I care and if I were closer I'd be there to help you! I hope all goes well with the goat--I'd love to see something like that! And you're right, we DO understand!

KAF how did the home visit from the adoption people go? I remember last week you were busy preparing.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:47 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,393,584 times
You're absolutely right we care!! It's still snowing here as well. It was light all day but picked up a bit fro a couple hours. If I were there I could at least keep the goat company!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I care and if I were closer I'd be there to help you! I hope all goes well with the goat--I'd love to see something like that! And you're right, we DO understand!

KAF how did the home visit from the adoption people go? I remember last week you were busy preparing.
Thanks Molly, I'm glad you are here! Makes it better to "talk" to someone.

GRRR! Now it gets better... hubby just called, he is staying for the meeting, then has to go do another contract, won't get done till around 11pm. Then he has to drive all the way home. Cell phone died, dumbutt doesn't have his charger w/ him, so he has a dead phone, and no way to get ahold of me. So I'll worry all night now. Hopefully he gets home safely. I'm freaking out at this point. He needs sleep, he sounds awful... and he gets to go back in tomorrow morning. ugh.

As far as the home visit, it went great! We may have an issue w/ the window opening in that room. Sure hope not, we don't have the $$$ to replace that window and make it bigger. We'll have to see what happens. We've got to send our water test out tomorrow, I've been so busy these last couple days that I just forgot it. It will go out tomorrow. All 3 references are back to the state, home visit done.... now just waiting on the Fire Marshall's visit, and the homestudy to start. The homestudy worker called tonight, and we'll be starting that in a week or so. So it's getting there!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:57 PM

Thanks Msina! Ms. Goat is doing well, she's very loveable. She has an udder building at this point, and her ligaments are getting loose. She's close. Was hoping she would hold off till after Christmas when my parents are here, but nope, that probably won't happen. Don't have definite dates on anyone this year... bad goat mama! Gonna have to name the babies something to do w/ the season!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:04 PM

Noel!!! Did I mention I have a real affinity for goats? My DH thinks I'm nuts He's raised goats before and he's not nearly as fond of them as I am. Once he had to handle The birthing of a few he was put off of goat milk and ended up giving them away.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:07 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,905 times
"kid" pics are always welcome on the pics thread that would be sweet!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 PM

Msina... yet another thing we have in common. I just love my babies. And hubby does too. We have 10 currently, 6 are pregnant. We normally run a herd of about 20-25 in summer, and go down to about 10-15 in winter. Last year I had to go in after a set of twins that were all tangled, and a 14 lb. baby that was born to a first time mom. She wasn't happy. lol.

Molly, if I could figure out how to post a picture, I sure would! I have some cute ones of last year's kids. Well, this years, just earlier this year, lol.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 PM

I'm an Ina again!!! My Daughter had another baby boy today!! 7 lb.s 2 oz. Matthew will be joining brothers Jacob and Simon!! GRINS!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine