Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2007, 09:58 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,045 times

Advertisements

lol....I have been moosed once and goosed twice....

Old 12-07-2007, 10:01 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
"You must spread more, ..."

I mean maybe.

??
you know, that's part of why there has to be more than one person....you can only give 15 reps a day, and you have to give 20 reps before you can go back to someone you've repped previously....my gooses are at 12am and 7:46am....hmmm....so that means there could even be 3?? lol....

I love it!!

Old 12-07-2007, 10:41 AM

378 posts, read 1,031,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
I blame you too!....why can't you fix it. Stop playing along and do something will ya.............geeeez

It's so big and heavy and I'm so wee and frail .................................

Old 12-07-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Bewitched I think your post yesterday was well thought out....I think you expressed yourself well, better than I could have done. The negativity gets to all of us, and a troll knows that. It's not easy to "out" a troll....some are very good at what they do. If you trace back through the posts you will find that this was not the only forum he attempted this in, and he absolutely knew how to divide us all and still be in the TOS, but eventually after numerous posts a pattern emerges. There is a difference between disagreeing within the TOS, and inciting arguments. You will also notice that under his name it now says "Not A Member".

AND, I just wanted to say that although I'm not here as often as I'd like to be taht I appreciate how you keep a wise eye on stuff and such. I've already found myself checking join dates. That's sad. But I was stalked online before and found that they LOVE LOVE to take apart message boards interrupting the flow between good people. For the record, anyone on here can ask any moderator .... I'm probably the only person posting from this area of FL on the maine forum. I think I've only used two computers and my laptop (one at school and one at the library) I only went to the Florida forum once or twice and managed to get myself in Hot h2O pretty fast. LOL. Telling the truth with no links ... sorry but it has NEVER been a worst time to live here and I think folks SHOULD know that. If I'm leaving after three generations .... and having planted a generation of my own ... that's sad and very indicative. It outgrew me. Among other things.

Anyway .... I am familiar from one other board I used to frequent how someone will come in and .... suddenly multiple personalities will sprout and they'll support each other. You CAN talk around them but it's hard.

And it really always IS easy to figure out.

Just my two cents.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbymoulton View Post
Thank you MEnME and Molly...... I will stick around and I hope that it does get back to the good things. I was born and raised in Maine and lived there until I had to come to Florida. After being away for twenty years I am more than ready to see those wonderful neighbors and helpful people I remember so well. Glad to hear that Northern area has not change as much as the southern area has over the years. Can't wait to get there and get involved
in the towns goings on. Go to the fairs, go fishing on a quiet lake or stream,
see blueberies ready for the picking, watch that first snow coming down, have a chance to wear sweatshirts and warm clothes again, sit with the hubby by the woodstove and reading a good book, seeing the trees (that look like trees I know) instead of palm trees, and I could list millions of things that I know of Maine and am so wanting for.
I know everything isn't perfect and that it does take a certain type of person to live in the Northern parts. My hubby and I are definatly that type of person. Some people call us crazy..... BUT, I have known that about myself for years. I may be crazy, but I will be the happiest crazy Mainer you ever saw.
Okay, does THIS make me a Mainer?? We have already priced the parts to turn our oldest (ugly but HIGHLY RELIABLE) car into a snow plow.

Take THAT.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2007, 10:52 AM

alright. Talk to me about the christmas moose and goose. I really have NO CLUE about reputation.

If it weren't for mollysmiles I wouldn't know what the lil triangle is for. I hovered on that and figured out that THAT was reputation. I always thought it was 'rate this post positively'.

geez

things they don't teach you of in collidge.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Time,Tides (and moving to maine) wait for no man, (or niece or nephew)!
:c ool:

Old 12-07-2007, 11:43 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,392,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewannabe View Post
alright. Talk to me about the christmas moose and goose. I really have NO CLUE about reputation.

If it weren't for mollysmiles I wouldn't know what the lil triangle is for. I hovered on that and figured out that THAT was reputation. I always thought it was 'rate this post positively'.

geez

things they don't teach you of in collidge.
The little "scale" beside the "triangle" is for reputation. If you click on it a box will pop up to allow you to leave raputation. You can also type a message if you choose to in the "Dialogue Line".

Old 12-07-2007, 11:51 AM

37,485 posts, read 61,459,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewannabe View Post
A moose is a big tall lanky looking critter, with huge knobby knees and possibly large antlers. They like to stand in the ditches alongside of the road and watch you drive by. Sometimes they get in the road and move very slowly. Or if the mood strikes them they can run fast.

A goose is a loud honking annoying bird that is related to a critter that could fly. Their meat is fairly greasy, they can cover the ground with their poo, I was dated a fine lass who had geese as her family guard dogs [they worked very well in that capacity].

Old 12-07-2007, 12:59 PM

455 posts, read 1,229,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
The little "scale" beside the "triangle" is for reputation. If you click on it a box will pop up to allow you to leave raputation. You can also type a message if you choose to in the "Dialogue Line".
OMG....I was visited by the Christmas Moose too......Thanks for telling us about the "scale" I NEVER would have know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine