Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 05:30 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,396,072 times

Advertisements

is this the one NMLM?
Welcome to SupplySacks.org
I coordinated a donation to a group home in Massachusetts for kids going back to school. We collected funds and school supplies and SupplySacks packaged them in backpacks and delivered them.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,205,171 times
Thumbs up Hello Genmomto5!! Thank You!!

Thank you for posting this! She is adorable! What a sweet little girl!

I am sorry that I am a bit behind trying to read everything, but I have not had computer access for several days

Anyway, GREAT PICTURE!!

By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Wishing you all a GREAT 2008!!

Blessings!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
For El and anyone else moving to Maine with kids, I thought you might like to see what a pre-K kid looks like all ready to go to school. The bag in her hands is full of "cards" she made for her class. Folded up pieces of paper each bearing the word Hi! in one corner and nothing else. She is very proud that she can write Hi!.

And just because this may be my all time favorite picture of her:

Old 01-05-2008, 01:44 PM

Talking Hello Maine Forum Friends!!

I hope all is well with everyone!

I have not had computer access for several days, and then when I do get it,

it goes down again, not sure what is going on.... So, I might sound a bit lost

and I apologize in advance!

I wanted to post this in the HAPPY HOLIDAYS THREAD but for the life of me,

I could not find it

And since I celebrate CHRISTMAS all the

way to the EPIPHANY, JAN 6 when the

THREE WISE MEN visit the BABY JESUS! And I remember that the 12 DAYS

OF CHRISTMAS go from Dec. 25 to Jan 6 (or Jan 5 in the Evening)

Anyway, I wanted to thank some more people that visited me, and I had not

a chance to do so:

THANK YOU TO THE YULETIDE *** for visiting me!!

THANK YOU TO THE SWEET BUZZING BEE & THE GREAT

WISHES!!

THANK YOU TO THE CANADIAN CHRISTMAS REP!

THANK YOU TO THE CHRISTMAS WARTHOG!!

AND THANK YOU THANK YOU TO ANYONE ELSE THAT I MIGHT

HAVE MISSED!!

YOU ALL MADE ME SMILE, YOU MADE ME LOVE THIS FORUM

EVEN MORE!! FOR YOUR WARMTH!! FOR YOUR KINDNESS!! AND FOR MAKING

THE HOLIDAYS EVEN BETTER!!

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 TO EVERYONE!!

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!! THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT PICTURES,

THE GREAT ADVICE!, THE FRIENDSHIP! THE RECIPES!, THE LAUGHTER!!, ETC. ETC.

CHEERS!!

Countrylv22

Old 01-05-2008, 02:01 PM

612 posts, read 1,217,758 times
"And since I celebrate CHRISTMAS all the way to the EPIPHANY, JAN 6 when the THREE WISE MEN visit the BABY JESUS! And I remember that the 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS go from Dec. 25 to Jan 6 (or Jan 5 in the Evening)"

countrylv22,

We celebrate the 12 days of Christmas also...when everyone is taking down the lights and undecorating the tree the day after Christmas in our neighborhood, we have just started Christmas...go figure!!

Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 PM

612 posts, read 1,217,758 times
Genmomto5,
She is adorable...love the outfit.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:54 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,347,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
"And since I celebrate CHRISTMAS all the way to the EPIPHANY, JAN 6 when the THREE WISE MEN visit the BABY JESUS! And I remember that the 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS go from Dec. 25 to Jan 6 (or Jan 5 in the Evening)"

countrylv22,

We celebrate the 12 days of Christmas also...when everyone is taking down the lights and undecorating the tree the day after Christmas in our neighborhood, we have just started Christmas...go figure!!
We too celebrate the 12 days of Christmas. We just took down our decorations this evening, as it is custom for us to have everything stowed away by Epiphany. Tomorrow we will attend the Epiphany Service at our Church and have one last special dinner. My Mum will bring her "King Cake" which for us is just a fruit cake. We don't hide a trinket or gift or anything in the cake as some do though.
It's a little sad to see so many people with out faith in God out there these days. For many Christmas is now just a commercial holiday to over extend their credit cards buying "stuff"
Growing up our Church used to be packed through the weeks of Advent right up to Epiphany. Standing room only with people filling the Fellowship Hall under the sanctuary. Now on a good Sunday there might be 40 people. What's happening in the world
God Bless

Old 01-06-2008, 01:56 PM

Talking HELLO MEnME!! THANK YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post

countrylv22,

HELLO MEnME!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT RESPONSE!

I truly appreciate it!! For a minute there, I was feeling a bit lonely

YEP, I agree of course, I grew up always celebrating this way, and the

decorations & CHRISTMAS SPIRIT keeps going on until

Jan 6!!
We never took things down until after the 7th!!

What's the hurry! Its a great CELEBRATION, why cut it short???

Ideally I wish we could all keep the CHRISTMAS SPIRIT
all through the year!!

Anyway, I hope that you & your family enjoyed your

THREE KINGS DAY CAKE!!

BLESSINGS TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY! AND TO EVERYONE ELSE THAT IS STILL

CELEBRATING SUCH A JOYOUS OCCASION!!

Take care,

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 01-06-2008 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 as well!! :0)

Old 01-07-2008, 10:52 PM

107 posts, read 226,769 times
Default Dropping in...

Hi Mainers and wannabees!

Just dropping in to say hello. I'm reading ALL the posts but not responding to a thing because BECAUSE I broke my hand!! Yes, my right HAND and of course I'm right handed and now I'm having to deal with the stupid left hand that does not know how to do anything right! They say it will heal up in about six weeks total but always be weaker. I look like I was in a prize fight and somebody somewhere has a fat lip, BUT it was just an accident where my pinky finger got bent BACKWARDS and it cracked at the base of the knuckle and down the outer portion of my hand. It's all swollen and bruised and splinted. I'm icing constantly and being very gentle. I think for the most part I appreciate my body and all the wonderful things it can do on it's own without me telling it to (breathing, etc.) but you get so used to having your hands work you don't know how much you use them! The hardest parts so far are teeth brushing, hair washing and the use of a bra. I tell ya, it ain't so easy working that contraption with one hand!! So for now, I am typing VERY SLOW with my lefty bandit. You won't see much posting but like I said just wanted to say hello :-) so ya'll don't forget me!

Stacie, who's still dreaming of Maine with a broke front paw~

PS~ it took me 17 minutes to type this but I can't stop without saying I don't drink coffee (gasp) always tasted like burnt water to me BUT now I want some after reading the whole thread and the bobcat photos were beautiful. Sorry, too much mouse clicking to get over there and say that!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:39 AM

37,498 posts, read 61,484,089 times
sjlcu -

Saddened to hear of your broken paw.

"hardest parts so far are teeth brushing, hair washing and the use of a bra."

I would think that somehow there should be someone willing to lend a hand with that thing.

"... so ya'll don't forget me! "

We could never forget you.

Take it easy and get better soon

Old 01-08-2008, 06:19 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,114,544 times
Stacie I'm so sorry! ouch honey!! 17 minutes?! yikes! Heal quickly..... the bra thing can't be easy, I'd be living in gym pants with elastic waists too....hang in there!

and Forest is absolutely right, we'd *never* forget you

I haven't been here much, we were busy at the end of last week, then Sunday I came down with a cold, and promptly lost my voice. I'm not sure, but I think I'm the only one at my house upset by that.... grrr.....lots of finger snapping to get attention to whisper what I want the kids to do. Michael even said to me as I was lecturing him yesterday, "Mom, maybe you ought to wait on this, I'm going to start laughing". yup. So, it's better today---one "use of cell phone after 10pm prohibited or I'm taking it at 9pm" lecture coming up!!

now I have to go find those bobcat pictures......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine