Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 05:58 PM

10,672 posts, read 6,160,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkingBlythe View Post
I guess we could put a sign there that says

ARBIET MACHT FREI

for that finishing touch.
"Make America Great Again"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 06:22 PM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Where is the data if they are “undocumented “?
Doesn’t undocumented mean they aren’t accounted for ?
He was responding to CaliR's comment that a lot of homeless in Los Angeles are illegals. He can't know that "a lot of homeless are illegals" because they don't track the homeless by their citizenship. They don't track the homeless by shoe size or eye color either so an equivalently silly claim would be "a lot of homeless people wear size 9 shoes"

Regarding this: "Doesn't undocumented mean they aren't accounted for" What is that supposed to mean?

Old 03-10-2018, 07:22 PM

26,959 posts, read 27,229,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He was responding to CaliR's comment that a lot of homeless in Los Angeles are illegals. He can't know that "a lot of homeless are illegals" because they don't track the homeless by their citizenship.
Exactly (except that I'm a "she". ) Cali is making assumptions. It would be similar to assuming that since there has been an increase in the number of homeless people who are Latino, those people must be illegal immigrants, when no data actually exists about that.

Surge in Latino homeless population 'a whole new phenomenon' for Los Angeles:
http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...618-story.html

Old 03-10-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Exactly (except I'm a "she").
and I knew that...sorry

Old 03-10-2018, 07:30 PM

26,959 posts, read 27,229,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Doesn’t undocumented mean they aren’t accounted for ?
"Undocumented immigrant" is another term for "illegal alien."

Old 03-10-2018, 08:43 PM

334 posts, read 288,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkingBlythe View Post
That's because this society bases how much a person's life is worth on how much $$$ or material valuables which are actually valuable on the market they have.

Why do you think "so and so's NET WORTH" is such a common phrase in this country?
They choose to be that way.

They can choose to work like everyone else.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:23 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,840,807 times
I don't know what we're talking about anymore, but the majority of the homeless (or "Unhoused Angelenos" as Eric G. calls them) I see are either Black or White, almost 50% each, with only a tiny fraction being other races. This applies to people sleeping on sidewalks, in building alcoves, etc., rather than in cars.

Every few years in South Brentwood I see an Asian homeless woman, and it looks really weird -- perhaps she got a B on a test once and had a mental breakdown or something.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:04 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,407,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I don't know what we're talking about anymore, but the majority of the homeless (or "Unhoused Angelenos" as Eric G. calls them) I see are either Black or White, almost 50% each, with only a tiny fraction being other races. This applies to people sleeping on sidewalks, in building alcoves, etc., rather than in cars.

Every few years in South Brentwood I see an Asian homeless woman, and it looks really weird -- perhaps she got a B on a test once and had a mental breakdown or something.
I notice this when volunteering at soup kitchens. Best i can figure is the illegals took their jobs

Old 03-10-2018, 11:13 PM

10,672 posts, read 6,160,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshire View Post
They choose to be that way.

They can choose to work like everyone else.
No one really chooses. They just kind of find themselves there. And once there its extrememy hard to get out.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post

That's hilarious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles