Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 08:39 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,653,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Just ask your leader jerry brown for a mere two billion from the idiotic bullet train project (over 100 billion now!) and build nice nice facilities for your excons- they are going to continue to commit more crime and they will need to go somewhere- two billion ought to build them nice prison/reform camps, prisons or call them whatever and wherever... your train could still be built ...are you afraid to ask cuz you don't really want to help your excons? if you want to help them- get a few billion dollars to build them some new places- a few billion not enough?? You could really make an impact here by getting that money redirected...you have the time...
If they are out on the street- they will get arrested again sooooooo-- concentrated living is in the forecast for your excons and their friends eh?
ex-con refers to someone who has committed a crime in the past and has been released from jail/prison. I am not sure how you could put them back in nice prisons once they've done their time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 08:44 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,622,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
ex-con refers to someone who has committed a crime in the past and has been released from jail/prison. I am not sure how you could put them back in nice prisons once they've done their time
People are serving hardly any time in CA these days. There was a clip posted of the LAPD officer that works skid row . He said specifically mentioned this . He said it’s become a joke because they arrest people and they are out in 6 hours . Due to soft on crime policies .

but but prison overcrowding .. build more prisons . You think people learn a lesson being in jail 6 hours ?

Old 03-15-2018, 08:50 AM

872 posts, read 606,326 times
Yep- and they are going back in once they have done more harm and damage to good, law abiding, citizens and/or each other. Just a matter of time.. recidivism rate is pretty high and why not-? some people want the bullet train more than offering to really help them while they are housed in facilities

Old 03-15-2018, 09:10 AM

6,089 posts, read 5,038,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Or not.
Hmm, is a work camp so bad though? I'd like to hear the reasons why creating a work camp, if NOT forced, wouldn't be a good idea?

Old 03-15-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
/sigh just let it go Cali you don't make your case by selectively picking a few comments out of over 30 people aren't so stupid that they can't see through that. Can't we agree to just move past this and get back to the topic of the thread?
I actually don't see anything wrong with a work camp. If they're going to get free benefits, why not have them move to the desert and perform work for the state that is providing them with benefits? This is all hypothetical, but can you form a rational argument as to why it would be a bad idea?

Old 03-15-2018, 09:19 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,551,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
looks worse than a nice facility to me- I'd call it worse than concentration camp living-but I only want to get them some supervised assistance and clean up our communities
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/14/who-would-live-within-a-few-feet-of-freight-trains-speeding-along-railroad-tracks-transients-and-homeless-people/
The homeless must be willing to do this. If not what does the State do???? What do you do with people who want the life they have and do not want supervision or help in anything?

Old 03-15-2018, 09:19 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,622,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Hmm, is a work camp so bad though? I'd like to hear the reasons why creating a work camp, if NOT forced, wouldn't be a good idea?
I think it would be a much better alternative to the status quo. The status of quo is sitting around panhandling and /or doing drugs . I do believe some would work but probably feel that their are unemployable or hopeless.
Right now it’s a bad situation where all this drug use and other criminal behavior is basically tolerated .

Old 03-15-2018, 09:28 AM

entirely not basically ...........created, encouraged, expanded

Old 03-15-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I think it would be a much better alternative to the status quo. The status of quo is sitting around panhandling and /or doing drugs . I do believe some would work but probably feel that their are unemployable or hopeless.
Right now it’s a bad situation where all this drug use and other criminal behavior is basically tolerated .
I agree.

Right now the status quo is "live next to the train tracks, sleep on the sidewalk, possibly die of exposure or disease."

But a work camp, where they could earn some money, get off drugs, get 3 square a day? That would seemingly be more effective than just letting them rot in the streets.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:32 AM

can't force em to work, but, we don't have to allow them to posses public land for free and commit more crime without incarceration
Maybe some can turn their lives around but not in free hotel rooms or any other unrestricted unsupervised housing.. 24/7 supervision within guarded walls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles