Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2018, 04:35 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,629,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Man, the tone of this thread is getting super harsh. People are hella rude online.
Yeah you’d think someone that has such a “big heart” for the homeless would be a little nicer , right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 04:51 PM

21,912 posts, read 16,649,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah you’d think someone that has such a “big heart” for the homeless would be a little nicer , right.
As it is no secret you are referring to me, I'd point out that I haven't posted “big hearted” discourse in any homeless threads ... just facts backed by research and legal references. Homelessness is a nasty business. There is a segment of that population very deserving of concerned support for rehabilitation and re entry to employment. There is another segment, probably quite a bit larger, for whom there is little hope ... and for whom there is much to be offended and repelled by.

For a few of us contributing here in these incessant outrage threads on the topic, the difference between the types of homeless, their origins, their potentials is known by research and experience. For most others posting, there is nothing but repetitive hyperbolic mythologies to rail about mindlessly without an inkling of how the persistent spreading of disinformation works against all solutions.

“Nice” has nothing to do with any of it. Just facts vs myths.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:42 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,629,519 times
They are talking about the homeless right now on KFI 640am

https://kfiam640.iheart.com

Old 02-26-2018, 05:56 PM

6,089 posts, read 5,040,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

“Nice” has nothing to do with any of it. Just facts vs myths.
I'm glad guys like me and jm1982, you know, people who maintain homes literally within an hour or so of the homeless in LA can take advice and get facts from people who live hundreds of miles away. Such a blessing!

Old 02-26-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I'm glad guys like me and jm1982, you know, people who maintain homes literally within an hour or so of the homeless in LA can take advice and get facts from people who live hundreds of miles away. Such a blessing!
Well, how about you explain how homelessness in LA differs from homelessness in San Francisco where I lived many years until recently, or San Diego where I now live, or even Seattle or Portland for that matter?

Nothing I have discussed is unique to any city different from another. The homeless do not migrate in most cases. They are split into definable problem groupings: mentally ill, addictions, fleeing domestic abuse, veterans, and economically homeless. Each category requires a different solution. Etc. Tell us how LA is different? Share with the readers where you get your data and profiles on the problems.

I have asked this of several posters. No answers yet. Maybe you'll be the one?

Old 02-26-2018, 06:29 PM

872 posts, read 607,154 times
Ya lost in 2016, you're losing the discussion now, you will lose from now on- just a fact- not a myth.
Just keep on typing your self praising fiction tho--what else have you got to do? nothing
type and type and type

google google google type type type

Old 02-26-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Ya lost in 2016, you're losing the discussion now, you will lose from now on- just a fact- not a myth.
Just keep on typing your self praising fiction tho--what else have you got to do? nothing
type and type and type

google google google type type type
Who's “Ya”?

Anyway. I asked you some questions earlier too. No answers yet. Still think we should draft the homeless into the military CROX? Or challenge the constitution? New ideas? Nothing?

Old 02-26-2018, 07:49 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,506,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I looked at your link.

So we have the SECOND worst homeless problem in the country, does it really matter that we're not #1, it's not like LA is #18 of the top 50 US cities.

I was in NY in 2014 for two weeks, and it wasn't in the winter, I didn't see any tents under their underpasses like we do here, or people in suburban areas right outside NYC like we have here. In fact outside of the city in Westchester and Nassau counties, I didn't see any. Can't say that here. Look at Orange County.

We have a big problem here, I think you're sugarcoating it.

Aren't you a new transplant? I have now lived most of my life LA, since 1988, I don't recall ever seeing it like this, and that is through what two or three serious recessions.
Valid point about ranking, but that was just for those that make baseless claims.

Yes, I am a recent transplant but have been spending summers here for the previous six years.

I am also a transplant from NYC. I can tell you for a fact that even in NY the homeless are moving out to the suburbs including as far out as Suffolk County, Yonkers and White Plains.

I am most definitely not sugarcoating anything. It is a serious problem because we are talking about human beings. It's also a symptom of the raging income inequality that has ravaged this country, but we don't talk about that on this forum. We just cast blame on victims.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:08 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,236,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
Valid point about ranking, but that was just for those that make baseless claims.

Yes, I am a recent transplant but have been spending summers here for the previous six years.

I am also a transplant from NYC. I can tell you for a fact that even in NY the homeless are moving out to the suburbs including as far out as Suffolk County, Yonkers and White Plains.

I am most definitely not sugarcoating anything. It is a serious problem because we are talking about human beings. It's also a symptom of the raging income inequality that has ravaged this country, but we don't talk about that on this forum. We just cast blame on victims.
Who should we be blaming??

Old 02-26-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Who should we be blaming??
Not really “who” ... but “what”. And the “what” is: “life”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles