Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 12:41 AM

292 posts, read 576,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think HUD gives the grants to cities or counties and that is who is distributing the money to private organizations. I just think it's a horrible idea and that local government is abdicating it's responsibility not only to the people who need the help, but to the taxpayers who foot the bill.
I was just wondering if they ever caught the people who pulled that "Community Action" caper? I would really like to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 08:30 AM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkingBlythe View Post
I was just wondering if they ever caught the people who pulled that "Community Action" caper? I would really like to know.
I don't know, I tried to find out but couldn't get a straight answer. I lived in another state at the time and couldn't get a straight answer from the public officials I called, it didn't appear they did any audits or even kept any records on the organization. If I had lived nearby I probably could have shook a few nuts off the tree by going to council meetings and doing FOIA requests but I just didn't have the time to drive back and forth.

I know that San Francisco audits non-profit's receiving public money but the fact remains that even though the money is going to the right recipients, the services are uncoordinated and overlap because the money is split up among so many organizations.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:41 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,626,141 times
Jon and Ken on KFI talking about homeless issue

Santa Ana riverbed got cleared out

Homeless guy got a hotel room and started complaining his room didn’t have a mini fridge and coffee maker.

#ungrateful

Old 02-28-2018, 03:45 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,626,141 times
“comfortable motel sounded good to Teasley, 47. A homeless man from Santa Ana, he’d spent two years sleeping in different spots on the banks of the flood-control channel. But, last week, when he initially was moved away from the riverbed, he stood in shock when he opened the door to his room at Baymont Inn & Suites in Anaheim.

The room had been stripped bare — no phone, no TV, no clock or radio, no mini refrigerator, no coffee maker.“

http://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/27...me-kicked-out/

Old 02-28-2018, 06:54 PM

7,016 posts, read 4,983,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
You can call them whatever you want- --places for people to have a roof, a shower, food etc... using the word concentration camp only means concentrating them- if you want to let your mind wander back to WW2 go for it- Prisons are a concentration of criminals , military bases or a concentration of service personnel-- camps where people who have no intention of doing anything at all can go to a special place with a CONCENTRATION of like minded individuals- if they don't want to do anything at all , at least they will be sober- that is a form of freedom.
MANY of them have long criminal records and only wait to create more mischief and victims: once they do so, they- along with the mentally ill need to be in secured housing of some sort ASAP!
The left wing is out there daily telling these poor folks to just hang on in there till the taxpayers break down and start forking over the big bucks for free homes or apartments with all expenses paid- they could be in a nice warm barracks right now.
I feel sorry for the victims and the communities that are suffering along with these pawns of a sick left wing scheme. Trying to make good people feel bad by using buzz words just makes you look like you are looking for something better- - we will be here to welcome when you decide that you want to help us make the state GREAT AGAIN! try rooting for decency and law and order; you might like it better and it has a proven history of success as opposed to what you are currently advocating with the left wing agenda.
lets vote the current lot of politicians out and start doing the right thing again by getting these poor people off the street!
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Imagine if they knew they could no longer break a variety of laws and get away with it. Rather they would be "imprisoned" in a "camp" so they could not do what they had been doing? If they can be fined according to the law, the inability to pay could require incarceration for a period of time. No drugs. no alcohol, no thieving and ... actually using a toilets THEY would have to clean.
Here are the faces of homelessness. These are the people you don't want to help.

Last edited by rodentraiser; 02-28-2018 at 07:10 PM..

Old 02-28-2018, 07:04 PM

10,672 posts, read 6,160,181 times
People want a solution but they don't wanna fit the bill. And they wanna perpetuate the same habits that lead to it in the first place. We as a society need to change.

https://youtu.be/UPq60zww4eg?t=9

Old 02-28-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Imagine if they knew they could no longer break a variety of laws and get away with it. Rather they would be "imprisoned" in a "camp" so they could not do what they had been doing? If they can be fined according to the law, the inability to pay could require incarceration for a period of time. No drugs. no alcohol, no thieving and ... actually using a toilets THEY would have to clean.
No dear one, you cannot incarcerate someone because they can't pay a fine. But thanks for playing & it's actually great that you posted it, I won't have to do much searching next time I'm told to "prove" that concentration camps or forced incarceration was ever suggested on this thread.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:33 PM

872 posts, read 606,560 times
Its against the law to not pay fines (HELLO ); people deserved the fine for their behavior so its pay the fine or do the time- people are jailed for not paying fines everyday---

Old 02-28-2018, 09:37 PM

872 posts, read 606,560 times
Lets build more facilities to help the homeless NOW and clean up our streets! There is a wave of law and order sweeping the land and California does not have left to the mercies of the pro-crime money wasting/stealing liberals! Encourage your fellow citizens to put an end to this ASAP before it gets even worse by voting the current regime out!
We might need federal oversight of the next elections but if that's what it takes, so be it!

Old 02-28-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Its against the law to not pay fines (HELLO ); people deserved the fine for their behavior so its pay the fine or do the time- people are jailed for not paying fines everyday---
(HELLO) If you given a citation for an infraction that has a fine as the penalty you do not go to jail if you don't pay the fine, they simply increase the fine and add a court administration fee.

If you are ordered to pay victim restitution and don't pay it you don't go to jail for that either, the state BOE just takes the money from your paycheck or any tax return or legal settlement that you might get.

If you are sentenced for a misdemeanor or felony the only "fine" is either victim restitution or a penalty assessment. You could theoretically have your probation violated for not paying, but if you can demonstrate that you don't have the money to pay the time to pay is extended or you are offered community service to pay off the amount owed, you are not put in jail.

Don't believe me? Look it up yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles