Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2019, 06:37 PM

26,959 posts, read 27,229,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
all those stats you just gave from the deck of you boat are a bunch of poop!!! And 55000 homeless should not have a ONLY in front of it.
Really? "A bunch of poop"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
15,000 / 10 million is .0015 per capita. Perhaps math is not your strong suit...
Thanks for my laugh of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 06:53 PM

21,905 posts, read 16,642,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Really? "A bunch of poop"?

Thanks for my laugh of the day.
You’re welcome. I’m just here to help and brighten days.

That said, I should have also pointed out to Exitus that of the 15,000 or so chronic street homeless in LA 8,000 live concentrated in Skid Row ... where very very few Angelinos go, or need to go ... which statistical FACT further cuts the potential for unpleasant interaction between the housed Angelinos and the homeless down to about 1.5 in 21,000 persons.

Pretty scary to think so few 7,000 people are so powerful as to dominate the lives of the 10,000,000, eh? Where’s Batman and Robin when we need them, oh my!

Old 03-29-2019, 07:33 PM

When Kimberly Dominique received her Section 8 voucher in September, she thought it was the ticket to move out of the Ford Focus she and her 29-year-old son called home.

But Dominique, a 66-year-old stroke survivor, spent months contacting one apartment complex after another...

Housing vouchers can save people from homelessness. But landlords may not accept them:
https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...329-story.html

Old 03-29-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
As I've stated, we're under siege by mentally deranged people who walk our streets and engage in a variety of anti-social behaviors, which I've mentioned many times previously. Those of us who live here have all experienced this. And, it's not comparable to warning people that other people they may know may victimize them.

Furthermore, David stated that this thread is not for discussing homelessness in general, which is what you're doing, so your citing your experiences with the homeless outside of Los Angeles is not appropriate for this thread.
As I have posted, math doesn’t lie. And 7,000 street people without nuclear weapons can’t beseige 10,000,000 others.

And you’re correct: it’s not comparable to warning that people they know may vicimize them ... because (FBI) statistics show that it’s more likely persons known will commit assaults than homeless strangers will. You’ve been warned. You’re very welcome. And good luck out there!

As for discussing homelessness, you’ve been asked many times to explain what distinguishes LA’s homeless from any others. You haven’t been able to answer because: they don’t differ. So when you spin myths and some of us who know what we are talking about square you away with accurate information you are getting answers relevant to your LA homeless problems. Moreover, we DO tie the generic knowledge in to the ways in which LA fails to deal with its homeless compared to other cities ... and thereby offer you insights to what you can do and in what ways you make things worse with your incessant falsifications and suggestions that are not legally possible ...

Now, again, if you have a problem with my posts, or the posts offered by the handful of others here who actually work with homelessness, by all means report us to the moderator.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
And once again, David stated that this is for discussing the homeless in L.A., not in general. Our homeless are not the same as in other areas due to this city's policies, which attract the worst, most mentally deranged people from all over this country.
Now see, this is exactly what I am talking about with your falsifications. You have just stated that: “Our homeless are not the same as in other areas due to this city's policies, which attract the worst, most mentally deranged people from all over this country”.

This is false. And the proof is in the stats and research you are provided pretty much everyday. 65% of LA’s homeless have lived in LA for over 20 years ... and only 10% have been in LA less than one year. So, no, LA’s policies are not attracting the homeless from afar.

Until you can provide the readers with some concrete proof of what you claim then the research some of us provide you that demonstrates the commonality prevails.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:04 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,840,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Now see, this is exactly what I am talking about with your falsifications. You have just stated that: “Our homeless are not the same as in other areas due to this city's policies, which attract the worst, most mentally deranged people from all over this country”.

This is false. And the proof is in the stats and research you are provided pretty much everyday. 65% of LA’s homeless have lived in LA for over 20 years ... and only 10% have been in LA less than one year. So, no, LA’s policies are not attracting the homeless from afar.

Until you can provide the readers with some concrete proof of what you claim then the research some of us provide you that demonstrates the commonality prevails.
No, it's not false. I live here, so I can attest that the people living on our streets are not the "happy hobo" types found in other areas. I've already stated that 12.5% of aggravated assaults are perpetrated by the homeless, despite their being less than 1% of the population. And those of us who live here are not at all surprised by that statistic, given that all of us who live here have had negative experiences with homeless street people.

Old 03-30-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
...all of us who live here have had negative experiences with homeless street people.
No, all of us who live here have NOT had negative experiences with homeless people.

But many who post here appear to have chased off some of the posters who actually a) have experience dealing with the homeless in L.A. County, b) were once homeless, or c) have dealt with the homeless in other cities and see that the problem is no different than it is in the Los Angeles area.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:26 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,626,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
No, all of us who live here have NOT had negative experiences with homeless people.

But many who post here appear to have chased off some of the posters who actually a) have experience dealing with the homeless in L.A. County, b) were once homeless, or c) have dealt with the homeless in other cities and see that the problem is no different than it is in the Los Angeles area.
There is even a huge difference between the city of L.A and the neighboring cities like Burbank , Pasadena and Glendale so frankly that is just not accurate to say things are the same everywhere .

They have actual laws and standard and enforce them .. unlike the city of L.A

Old 03-30-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
There is even a huge difference between the city of L.A and the neighboring cities like Burbank , Pasadena and Glendale so frankly that is just not accurate to say things are the same everywhere .
No one said that "things are the same everywhere."

Obviously the city of Pasadena, for example, deals with the homeless living on the streets in a different way than the homeless population is dealt with in, say, downtown L.A. However, the homeless THEMSELVES are obviously not that different from one city to the next, as is evidenced by the number of people who have posted on this forum who have either BEEN homeless, dealt with the homeless here, or dealt with the homeless in other cities.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
No, it's not false. I live here, so I can attest that the people living on our streets are not the "happy hobo" types found in other areas. I've already stated that 12.5% of aggravated assaults are perpetrated by the homeless, despite their being less than 1% of the population. And those of us who live here are not at all surprised by that statistic, given that all of us who live here have had negative experiences with homeless street people.
I’m not aware of any “happy hobo” stereotypes being promoted in this (or any other) thread.

Yes, you’ve “stated” your assault stat here many times. And an equal number of times it has been dissected, filleted, cooked and served for proper accuracy, using actual stats and quotes from the respective agencies reporting, dealing with, and enforcing crime ... to contradiction of your fearmongering intent. The stat refers to an increase in reporting ... and, according to local law enforcement, that does not mean an increase in actual crime. Further, the stat includes homeless on homeless crime, which does run quite high ... and is not the harbinger of growing threat to western civilization you hope to portray. And, further further, national crime reporting stats rank California - and So. California specifically - as second only to Florida in reported cases of assault against homeless by non-homeless.

And no, not all 10,000,000 Angelinos have had your anecdotally recounted (and recounted and recounted and recounted and recounted and recounted ..... ad nauseum) experiences with the local homeless. In fact, a number of Angelinos have directly refuted you on that claim in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles