Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2018, 06:52 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,334,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lol. It’s a disease.
What's the name of the disease?
Quote:
And no one’s immune or ignoring it.
Sure they are. Skid Row would not be as large as it has grown if it that cesspool was not being ignored.
Quote:
If it was as easily solved as so many rant, it would’a been done by now.
You will never solve homelessness. However societies have by laws and when laws are not enforced it only encourages more of the same behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 07:00 PM

21,905 posts, read 16,642,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
What's the name of the disease?
Sure they are. Skid Row would not be as large as it has grown if it that cesspool was not being ignored.
You will never solve homelessness. However societies have by laws and when laws are not enforced it only encourages more of the same behavior.
The name of the disease is “homelessness” ... obviously.

Yes, societies have laws. Excellent observation. Brilliant.
So does the human body. And sometimes even healthy people get sick, regardless of “enforcement”. Few, if any of us, are immune to disease and accidents ... no matter how hard we try to enforce our health habits.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
The name of the disease is “homelessness” ... obviously.
Homelessness is not a disease.
Quote:
Yes, societies have laws. Excellent observation. Brilliant.
Yep and CA is a great poster state for what happens when you fail to enforce laws.
Quote:
So does the human body. And sometimes even healthy people get sick, regardless of “enforcement”.
This has nothing to do with allowing the crazed, mentally ill and drug addicted dropouts in life to do whatever they want with public property.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Homelessness is not a disease.
Yep and CA is a great poster state for what happens when you fail to enforce laws.
This has nothing to do with allowing the crazed, mentally ill and drug addicted dropouts in life to do whatever they want with public property.
Yes it is, Matadora. By any intelligent observation.

If you know how to stop it you should go tell the people in charge. I’m sure they’ll recognize your solutions and laud you for them while hopping to the task! We’ll consider it done then!

Thank you Matadora for ridding the state of the disease of homelessness!

Whew! That solved, I’m going to bed!

G’nighty night!

Old 12-09-2018, 07:58 PM

872 posts, read 606,560 times
LAUSD getting ready to milk this cash cow! If any bureaucracy can destroy a neighborhood and steal money while doing it- the lausd is overqualified
The comment by an obvious shill for the program is flushed down the toilet by an obviously genuine citizen.
The wandering vagrants are not good neighbors- well because they are criminals! That commenter gets it!
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/12/06...outh-families/

Old 12-09-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Yes it is, Matadora. By any intelligent observation.
No it's not a disease. The drug addictions and some of the mental issues are indeed diseased based.
Quote:
If you know how to stop it you should go tell the people in charge.
I will state it again. Homelessness will never be solved.

What can be solved is not allowing crazed, mentally ill and drug addicted dropouts in life to do whatever they want with public property.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:42 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,840,807 times
Quote:
If you know how to stop it you should go tell the people in charge. I’m sure they’ll recognize your solutions and laud you for them while hopping to the task! We’ll consider it done then!
The solution is to take them off the streets and give them the mental health care they need.

Solved!

You're welcome. No charge for that, and have a great evening.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
The solution is to take them off the streets and give them the mental health care they need.

Solved!

You're welcome. No charge for that, and have a great evening.
I completely agree. Don’t understand why it took you so long to figure it out, though.

Old 12-10-2018, 12:08 AM

13,587 posts, read 15,840,807 times
Quote:
I completely agree. Don’t understand why it took you so long to figure it out, though.

Actually, I think I said it thousands of posts ago, though your friend 2sleepy said we can't do that because "civil rights". I think you should go ahead and tell her otherwise.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Actually, I think I said it thousands of posts ago, though your friend 2sleepy said we can't do that because "civil rights". I think you should go ahead and tell her otherwise.
Well, that’s not quite accurate. 2sleepy has fully agreed that the mentally ill should be housed and provided treatment. She, and I, and others here, have also correctly informed you that housing and treating can’t be done forcefully unless court-ordered based on legally conforming diagnoses of persons being a danger to themselves and others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles