Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 11:35 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,622,516 times

Advertisements

This young lady might have a future in the homeless industry in L.A. She could be a bigwig at one of these countless homeless advocate organizations.

Homeless Man Says He's Still Waiting for $200,000 Raised on GoFundMe After Viral Act of Charity

https://gizmodo.com/womans-gofundme-...mpression=true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 11:42 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,653,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
You present only two options as if those were the only ones possible. I reckon buildings prisons wouldn’t have worked right, as a means to end the overcrowding? Like widening freeways supposedly doesn’t reducing traffic on a given freeway, likewise building prisons to end overcrowding just wouldn’t work under regressive logic.
When Plata was decided there was not enough time to build new prisons, Kennedy said as much in the majority decision of Plata. It takes 5-10 years to build a new prison. Site acquisition is a lengthy process requiring lengthy public hearings site surveys and constructing infrastructure. The newest 'prison' is the billion dollar prison hospital in Stockton. Groundbreaking for that facility occurred in 2010, since it was built on the site of a closed juvenile facility site there was no need for public hearings or much permitting. The facility opened in late 2013 only to be closed in 2014 until numerous issues were addressed.

Over 12,000 jail beds have been added throughout the state to house the non-violent felons mandated to serve their sentence in county jails, some counties have contracted with private prisons to provide housing for those inmates. CDCR has built dorm facilities on the grounds of existing prisons because they can house more inmates at a lower cost than a typical facility which consists of single or double occupancy cells. So it's not like California just quit adding capacity, but it's stupid expensive and at some point there have to be decisions made about which people we really need to keep in prison and which can be managed in some other way.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:56 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,234,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You just said you are opposed to housing parolees, make up your mind...you can't have it both ways.
Nice deflection so you don't have to answer any questions. I didn't say I want parolees housed I asked why isn't liberal feel good Politicians doing anything worthwhile here???

Old 08-28-2018, 12:38 AM

13,587 posts, read 15,838,237 times
OMG, look! This homeless man was verbally "assaulted" by a police officer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChsFthRfNWE

I wonder if that poor homeless man ever recovered from that mean police officer telling the homeless man that panhandling is not permitted...

Old 08-28-2018, 12:41 AM

All this poor guy needs is a home. That's the only reason he's on the street -- a home will have him acting like a normal, mentally stable person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuGM8nur4BM

Old 08-28-2018, 12:56 AM

They're just like everybody else -- keep moving folks, nothing to see here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_D2C8Li1s

Old 08-28-2018, 07:24 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,236,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
When Plata was decided there was not enough time to build new prisons, Kennedy said as much in the majority decision of Plata. It takes 5-10 years to build a new prison. Site acquisition is a lengthy process requiring lengthy public hearings site surveys and constructing infrastructure. The newest 'prison' is the billion dollar prison hospital in Stockton. Groundbreaking for that facility occurred in 2010, since it was built on the site of a closed juvenile facility site there was no need for public hearings or much permitting. The facility opened in late 2013 only to be closed in 2014 until numerous issues were addressed.

Over 12,000 jail beds have been added throughout the state to house the non-violent felons mandated to serve their sentence in county jails, some counties have contracted with private prisons to provide housing for those inmates. CDCR has built dorm facilities on the grounds of existing prisons because they can house more inmates at a lower cost than a typical facility which consists of single or double occupancy cells. So it's not like California just quit adding capacity, but it's stupid expensive and at some point there have to be decisions made about which people we really need to keep in prison and which can be managed in some other way.
Because California ruled that new prisons or expand existing ones out beforehand. Stop lying like regressives do. Of course there wasn’t time at the time of the ruling. The truth is they opposed adding more room.

Old 08-28-2018, 07:38 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,653,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Because California ruled that new prisons or expand existing ones out beforehand. Stop lying like regressives do. Of course there wasn’t time at the time of the ruling. The truth is they opposed adding more room.
What does that even mean? "california ruled that new prisons or expand existing ones out beforehand" The two cases that lead to the Supreme Court decision were filed in 1990 and 2001 and you are saying "there wasn't time"? In 2006 Schwarzenegger declared that conditions in the Prisons constituted a "state of emergency" but didn't do anything about it. It's not like this just happened overnight. And as I said California fought this tooth and nail, had they settled the outcome would have been far better.

And the next time you call me a liar, please point out exactly what I lied about because unless you can do that it looks very much like trolling or a personal attack.

Old 08-28-2018, 07:52 AM

21,901 posts, read 16,637,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
OMG, look! This homeless man was verbally "assaulted" by a police officer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChsFthRfNWE

I wonder if that poor homeless man ever recovered from that mean police officer telling the homeless man that panhandling is not permitted...
So, back to more random YouTubing that proves nothing about the topic, I guess. Here you link an episode from Tampa because? ... I demonstrated that you have no command of the psychology of your previous accusations on this topic. So now you are just trying to ridicule homelessness because it makes you feel superior? What?

Old 08-28-2018, 08:01 AM

21,901 posts, read 16,637,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
All this poor guy needs is a home. That's the only reason he's on the street -- a home will have him acting like a normal, mentally stable person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuGM8nur4BM
Again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge of the topic. Here you have posted a YouTube of (New York) a fairly well known performance artist named Matthew Silver. He has a blog, a Facebook page, has been on America’s Got Talent, has produced and played parts in various videos and documentaries. He is not homeless. Some interviewers and individuals hold him in some good regard for the philosophies he espouses in his various performances. You can look him up. I, personally, am not impressed because I don’t enjoy public displays much ... but ...

Point being: he’s apparently not a homeless nutcase at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles