Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 11:04 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
1. Everyone passes judgement that is the point of these discussion threads
2. bashing? please explain how I "bashed" Missouri
3. Inferior? I don't like broccoli, I guess I think broccoli is an inferior veggie huh?

again...I am totally dumbfounded right now
Three responses? Can I get four? Five?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Don't be an elitist.
Being obsessive is more fun obviously.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:18 AM

631 posts, read 749,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Haha! Good one. I only lived there for 25 years or so. We left in 2008 and made you a little more room.
Even on the way to Yosemite National Park there's a considerable version of stop and go LA traffic now. I drove around the 200 mile stretch of "Midwest California" east of Merced all the way to Roseville. Even in the boonies, there's tons and tons of traffic now during the daytime. There is really no place in California where cruise control can last more than 20 or 30 minutes.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:24 AM

755 posts, read 675,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
You were bothered enough by my assertion that you had to respond twice?

Don't confuse consternation with elitism...

Funny. I have been to Missouri and mother grew up there and yet someone who has never been there is suggestion what one should or should not say about Missouri, wow.

I love how people use the word bashing in this thread. I guess if you don't like something and speak on it, another poster can call it bashing thus everyone will disregard that post.....right

No thank you to Missouri....is bashing it? SMH.

I hate to hear what someone would say if I said it was a mosquito infested, hot and humid, under educated, impoverished, god forsaken hillbilly populated, in the middle of nowhere wasteland located in the heart of fly over country, backwards bible belt non-tolerant over zealous fundamentalist diversity fearing, trailer park living exclusionists.

That's bashing

For the record.....for the umpteenth time. Different strokes for different folks, I just don't prefer to live there just as most Americans, thus it is a place that's very affordable, and cannot compare to SoCal. If that makes you unhappy, too bad.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Where did you live in greater L.A. that had that?

No space left? You must not have traveled much while you lived here.
Go out to San Jacinto and parts of Hemet to find some open space. But not much is left. Simi Valley, Fillmore, Santa Paula to find some pockets of open space....But the rest is metropolis, with tiny pockets of 'open areas' thrown in as seasoning. Always new housing developments, strip malls, and roads gobbling up the remaining So. Cal open space.

Now, Missouri on the other hand!

Old 06-25-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Being obsessive is more fun obviously.
Just waiting for my wife to get ready for the gym and watching movies.....Heck I don't have to return to school until August 3. I enjoy this.......supporting my POV/Opinion against people who disagree.

I love the emotion some of these posts trigger.... LOVE IT!!

Judge as you please......

Mr/Ms. I am doing the same thing.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:35 PM

452 posts, read 619,830 times
Quote:
I hate to hear what someone would say if I said it was a mosquito infested, hot and humid, under educated, impoverished, god forsaken hillbilly populated, in the middle of nowhere wasteland located in the heart of fly over country, backwards bible belt non-tolerant over zealous fundamentalist diversity fearing, trailer park living exclusionists.
Yet it's still better than California.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Three responses? Can I get four? Five?

Dude, you can get as many as you want. You must have missed my post of having 5 other siblings No matter how I old get, I can, will and enjoy playing the provoke game......

Old 06-27-2015, 12:49 PM

252 posts, read 519,099 times
I wouldn't want to live in Illinois per se, In metropolitan Chicago thats not for me. If I was given a higher paying position. I would definitely think about moving out of California. I think change is sometimes good. Possibly Michigan in someplace woodsy semi-rural or suburban would be cool. The only thing that would bother me is the HEAVY snow action and moving away from my family and friends . Some snow does not bother me but a lot does. I m kind used to slow pace because I live in mountains 30 minutes away from the nearest market.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:24 PM

31 posts, read 84,295 times
The key to this thread is realizing that everyone doesn't want or value the same things. And that's okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles