Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM

428 posts, read 852,649 times

Advertisements

Long Beach, Los Angeles City (San Pedro and Venice), Oxnard, and Port Hueneme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 09:07 PM

Oh yea and Redondo Beach. And that is only because of that part of Redondo Beach near the South Bay galleria that borders Lawndale, Gardena, and Hawthorne.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:48 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,158,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverStopSmiling View Post
I really thank you all for your input. I know that it will be difficult to find a place like New York City. And I really don't mind white being the majority AT ALL. I just always have my kids in my mind. I've always grew up around diversity and an open mind, when I moved to Vegas, which is diverse but nowhere near as much as NY, people were just so much different.
So all that being said, I'm not trying to find a place where there is ONLY blacks because I do not find that diverse either. I just wanted a more blended community where everyone is different from each other. Maybe I'm thinking of place that doesn't exist, but I do thank you all and I'm sure that I'll find the perfect place once I actually get out to California.
I would say Venice is reasonably diverse, and to a lesser degree Santa Monica is too.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,158,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
The answer should be obvious to you:

LONG BEACH!

Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo, Venice, Malibu and Santa Monica are all majority-White and suburban.
She said she didn't mind white majority, only that she was avoiding all white with just a rare non white.

By that token, Venice is pretty diverse. Lets face it, in any nice convenient area in LA County, its probably going to be at least 50% white. Long Beach is fine as long as you don't work in LA proper, otherwise its going to be quite the commute.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:42 AM

513 posts, read 921,204 times
I wouldn't call Venice and Santa Monica suburban. They are extremely urban.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:09 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,446,328 times
Quote:
...I am African American and my husband is white and we both want our kids to grow up in a diverse city. I just get the impression that most beach cites are pretty much only white towns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
where did you get that impression?
Oh come on... If you visited Washington DC or Atalanta and the majority of people you saw there all the time were black, should anyone need clarification as to where you got the impression that the town was predominantly black??
...Lol

Quote:
...And I am obviously not racist. I just want my children to understand that there are other cultures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Obviously.
While I understand that interracial unions do not automatically negate prejudice, your [sarcastic] implication of racism is oxmoronic since racism is a malicious term. NSS's mentioning that "most beach cites are pretty much only white" is no more racist than if you commented on the numbers of black people living in Atlanta, because neither statement can be defined as incorrect or malicious.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
She said she didn't mind white majority, only that she was avoiding all white with just a rare non white.

By that token, Venice is pretty diverse. Lets face it, in any nice convenient area in LA County, its probably going to be at least 50% white. Long Beach is fine as long as you don't work in LA proper, otherwise its going to be quite the commute.
Man where are you from? Cause on other threads you claim to be from and living in New York but wish you could live in Los Angeles. But your always on the Los Angeles forum. How do you know what the commute from Long Beach to Los Angeles proper is if you do not live in So Cal? Secondly Long Beach borders the city of Los Angeles. I know this because I grew up in West Long Beach from age 1 to age 18 in the same house before moving back to the Dirty South. West Long Beach borders Wilmington which is a neighborhood of Los Angeles city. Also you can take the 710 or the 405/91 to the 110 to get to downtown LA in 25 minutes with no traffic. In traffic it can take about 30 to 45 minutes. My pops did it for 30 years working with the LA county sheriff commuting to Central jail downtown before retiring. So I know what I am talking about. So which is it? Do you live in New York or Los angeles?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Lets face it, in any nice convenient area in LA County, its probably going to be at least 50% white.
What are you talking about. I can name five decent cities in Los Angeles county that are 50% Asian. All the decent cities are not at least 50% White. I can also name five decent cities with a hispanic majority and anyone who would disagree with those cities is probably racist.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:45 AM

4,541 posts, read 10,677,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStateDawg View Post
What are you talking about. I can name five decent cities in Los Angeles county that are 50% Asian. All the decent cities are not at least 50% White. I can also name five decent cities with a hispanic majority and anyone who would disagree with those cities is probably racist.
But basically none of those are "convenient", ie within a 30 minute rush hour drive of westside.

LOL we really need a city-data Los Angeles dictionary.

I'll start:

Convenient = 30 minute rush hour drive from Santa Monica or Century City/Miracle mile.

Decent = City with low crime rate and schools with API's over 800

Affordable = A 2400 sq ft new build 4/3 home in a decent, convenient town, under $400K. Also known as a unicorn.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
But basically none of those are "convenient", ie within a 30 minute rush hour drive of westside.

LOL we really need a city-data Los Angeles dictionary.

I'll start:

Convenient = 30 minute rush hour drive from Santa Monica or Century City/Miracle mile.

Decent = City with low crime rate and schools with API's over 800

Affordable = A 2400 sq ft new build 4/3 home in a decent, convenient town, under $400K. Also known as a unicorn.
Your about the convenient to the west-side. I believe Nywriterdude was referring to all of Los angeles county though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles