Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 12:06 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtees4 View Post
I am trying to remember the name of a music nightclub located "roughly" where the Loews Movie theater is in Stony Brook on 347 across from the Smithaven mall. I did not live in the area at the time (mid to late 70's) when I went there a couple of times. I went to a place called Hammerheads (Islip?) then we went to the one I am trying to remember. I remember seeing Zebra and I'm pretty sure Twisted Sister. I went with a friend who lived in Brentwood who i stayed with for a few days. I'd love to get a list of other closed clubs in the area too if anyone knows of any...I'm not getting much searching the net. Thanks for any help.
Shadows/Spankys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 09:55 AM

407 posts, read 966,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Shadows/Spankys?

Thanks...neither rings a bell, but then again, I may just not have known the name even then. I'm pretty sure it is not one of those though. Thanks again.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules23 View Post
Is The Good Steer Restaurant Still Standing, Had Many A Cheeseburger Supremes In That Place.....
Still standing and still thriving. My son's girlfriend works there. Not my favorite place, but it is certainly a landmark in the area...and it's nice to see an independent place able to compete these days.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:22 PM

3 posts, read 14,430 times
Default Original Hammerheads in Westbury

Anybody remember the original Hammerheads in Westbury?, on Old Country Rd., not far from the Roosevelt Field Mall,
Twisted Sister, Zebra, ect. almost weekly and the funky
Sharks mouth entrance, gone I guess since the mid 70's

Old 03-07-2009, 04:18 PM

8 posts, read 29,900 times
Quote:
I am trying to remember the name of a music nightclub located "roughly" where the Loews Movie theater is in Stony Brook on 347 across from the Smithaven mall. I did not live in the area at the time (mid to late 70's) when I went there a couple of times. I went to a place called Hammerheads (Islip?) then we went to the one I am trying to remember. I remember seeing Zebra and I'm pretty sure Twisted Sister. I went with a friend who lived in Brentwood who i stayed with for a few days. I'd love to get a list of other closed clubs in the area too if anyone knows of any...I'm not getting much searching the net. Thanks for any help.
I believe that you are thinking of the Mad Hatter. We spent many a Friday and Saturday night there. Twisted sister played there many times.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:42 PM

Yes, I guess that had to be it. I don't like this getting old thing. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyairplane View Post
I believe that you are thinking of the Mad Hatter. We spent many a Friday and Saturday night there. Twisted sister played there many times.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugBoy911 View Post
You know your on long island, when you leave in the morning, and once you jump on a main road ITS WAR!!!! KILL OR BE KILLED, or better YET SURVIVE OR BE KILLED!!!! ITS WAR ON THE ROAD ON LI!!!
You are right. The funny thing is, I am from the Bronx and living in Selden almost 12 years now...but the same people who will kill you the road are some of the nicest people when they are not driving!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,984 times
Quote:
Yes, I guess that had to be it. I don't like this getting old thing. Thanks.
Some other great clubs: the Quarterdeck in Oakdale; The Silver Dollar Saloon in Bay Shore (Free beer 8 -10 on Wednesday's; 25 cent beer after that. Music by the Jim Small Band). HammerHeads (2) off Sunrise Highway.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:59 PM

3 posts, read 14,430 times
OBI South on a nice Sunday afternoon or East on very blurry Friday or Saturday night

Old 04-01-2009, 02:40 PM

7 posts, read 27,103 times
A Broken Arrow Video!!!

YouTube - Broken Arrow - Faith
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island