Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2020, 03:49 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkster55 View Post
It's even more sad to be happy living in a room that has mold in between the window seals without you knowing.

Alright, logging off. Cant fix stupid, not now not in a million years.
Most European homes are the size of a closet. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 04:14 PM

297 posts, read 196,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscott462 View Post
Really? "Corruption" the reason why we all get ripped off. Montana, LOL!! Try Dallas, Austin or Houston
and many professinoals will find similar salaries with far less cost of living and far better quality of life in almost every category.

You drank the cool aid and have been brain washed by the standard B.S. being fed to everyone for decades.
New York is a WELFARE STATE which is another reason why many things here are far higher than other states.
50 cents a gallon more here for gas than Texas just to pay for silent Welfare tax. Hmmm... Why is it that Texas
has ZERO income taxes????? I think you know the answer.
I’ve been arguing with these morons for more than weeks now. I think they are either joking or clinically retarded. I’m not trying to offend anyone but they believe that somehow their 1.5k in taxes per month going to schools and high cost of living will turn their 40iq children, smart.

If you just see how they write the sentences... it’s almost like they don’t have the ability to figure out the basics, but somehow have the neural connections to turn their phone on and dial the nearest food takeout.

The split here is like 15/85, where 85 is the percent of responses here that are downright devoid of any reason, wether that be for or against any argument.

No matter what you do or say, just know they will pass away the same way they were born to be, lacking the frontal lobe.

Old 12-21-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Let me guess all homes on LI have mold. But your doesn’t cause you have this magical European window in some 300k turdbox.

Who would want to live in a 700 yr old home. My kids closets are larger than those European bedrooms. Modern times call for modern homes.
I don’t know if anyone can help you read, but maybe three times will do the trick for you.

My house is crap. The perimeter walls are only six inches thick. The shingles are that flat crap New Yorkers use and replace every ten or fifteen years. It’s made out of wood, not concrete with rebar. It’s about 1300sqft, not big at all.

The windows are Newer, but because they are Andersen, I can’t brag about it. To get the German ones would mean I want to live here for longer than few more years which I don’t.

I bought this house because it was the best house for a ok price at the time for its size and intention was to sell it to some dumb person later down the line. If I wanted to find a place to live forever, it would have to be somewhere else as the schools in Long Island are trash, the beaches are poor, the water is dirty, with the exception of the forks where things cost millions.

Even if I had the million to drop on a house in the hamptons, I wouldn’t want to raise my kids in a place where men hold hands. I want to keep good old tradition, and I will do so somewhere else. I hope you understand how people reason. I know it’s a bit tough for you to grasp the fact that life is better elsewhere, but there’s no reason to be upset.

If you want to die here with two dollars to your name because you can afford to lose every dime for someone telling your kids which buttons to click on iPads, hey go for it, but strictly speaking that’s not the wisest thing money can be used for. It’s your money. And no, buying a house in Florida in a 10ft sea elevation zone is most definitely not the solution.

The solution for the remainder of you poor folks who choose to stay is to identify the problem and once you do (we are handing you this right here), you take action and vote the moochers out.

Old 12-21-2020, 05:15 PM

226 posts, read 129,178 times
Quote:
Even if I had the million to drop on a house in the hamptons, I wouldn’t want to raise my kids in a place where men hold hands. I want to keep good old tradition, and I will do so somewhere else. I hope you understand how people reason. I know it’s a bit tough for you to grasp the fact that life is better elsewhere, but there’s no reason to be upset.
You know, the ancient Greeks were pretty keen on men holding hands. Just sayin'.

Old 12-21-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
You know, the ancient Greeks were pretty keen on men holding hands. Just sayin'.

Yeah, not happening.

Old 12-21-2020, 05:35 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,422 times
Quote:
Yeah, not happening.
You brought up holding hands and Europe. Karen.

Old 12-21-2020, 06:35 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
You guys are rough. Lol

Old 12-22-2020, 03:55 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post

If you’ve seen The Birdcage...”looks like young men playing leapfrog”

Old 12-22-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You guys are rough. Lol
Typical for NY. I know we all can’t satisfy each other’s opinions.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:01 AM

66 posts, read 45,990 times
Quote:
I’ve been arguing with these morons for more than weeks now. I think they are either joking or clinically retarded. I’m not trying to offend anyone but they believe that somehow their 1.5k in taxes per month going to schools and high cost of living will turn their 40iq children, smart.

If you just see how they write the sentences... it’s almost like they don’t have the ability to figure out the basics, but somehow have the neural connections to turn their phone on and dial the nearest food takeout.

The split here is like 15/85, where 85 is the percent of responses here that are downright devoid of any reason, wether that be for or against any argument.

No matter what you do or say, just know they will pass away the same way they were born to be, lacking the frontal lobe.
Exactly!!! most people also don't realize that they are being charged the highest $$$ per kilowatt in the nation
for their electricity. 8 years ago my brother added central air to his house in Bellmore and his montly Bill went from $190 to $600 during the summer. He also thought $190 a month was normal during the year until he realized it's much much lower in other states. Then insult to injury his property taxes went up $750 a year because he was told that central air is a home improvement and increases his tax assessment. so now every year going forward he will pay at least an extra $750 a year because he installed central air in his house. (yep, that's reality) That was the straw that broke the camels back for him and 3 years ago he sold his house and now lives in south carolina and pays $1,300 a year (not a month) in property taxes for a newer, nicer house. his utility Bills were basically cut in half. Almost everything we use here on Wrong Island is hyper-inflated to support the corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island