Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2020, 04:57 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Who’s buying their homes?
Usually immigrants or 1st generation Americans with the help of their family. These cultures are very generous, unlike the penny pinching American stereotype.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 05:18 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,256,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Usually immigrants or 1st generation Americans with the help of their family. These cultures are very generous, unlike the penny pinching American stereotype.
Helped of course by chain migration as well.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:51 PM

297 posts, read 196,581 times
Make money here; milk the citizens of the US and spend the money in motherland.

Long Island fits the checklist. As for living, nah; you have to be an idiot to think you're getting your dollars worth here.

For a crappy house here you can have a 4k SQFT house in better countries where people dont look like walking whales with 40iq.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:05 PM

66 posts, read 46,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkster55 View Post
Make money here; milk the citizens of the US and spend the money in motherland.

Long Island fits the checklist. As for living, nah; you have to be an idiot to think you're getting your dollars worth here.

For a crappy house here you can have a 4k SQFT house in better countries where people dont look like walking whales with 40iq.
Last one out is a rotten egg. LOL!

Old 12-20-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscott462 View Post
Last one out is a rotten egg. LOL!
We already own a house. I remember the day when we bought. We were like: 300k really? For this crap? And then I remembered 09. In todays price/rates that would be 1.2M.

Idiots buying "1.2M", and Im happy im not that idiot so we proceeded. Now its time to eat popcorn and watch this. Its going to 1m+

Old 12-20-2020, 10:03 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,331,402 times
Quote:
We already own a house. I remember the day when we bought. We were like: 300k really? For this crap? And then I remembered 09. In todays price/rates that would be 1.2M.

Idiots buying "1.2M", and Im happy im not that idiot so we proceeded. Now its time to eat popcorn and watch this. Its going to 1m+
That’s cause you can’t afford a 1.2m house. Your 300k house isn’t going to 1m anytime soon, if ever. I know you don’t live in one of the towns that have high appreciation

Old 12-21-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
That’s cause you can’t afford a 1.2m house. Your 300k house isn’t going to 1m anytime soon, if ever. I know you don’t live in one of the towns that have high appreciation
Almost all of the long island towns have depreciated relative to inflation. I know you dont live in the hamptons because that's owned by rich and smart people. A broke fella like yourself lingering on these forums 24/7 doesnt really ring the genius bell, especially by the contents of your posts.

Let me also explain to you that a lot of people can afford it but chose to spend their money wisely, and by that I mean buying something better somewhere else, maybe two times, instead of once here on some floating garbage. In other words, rich people who have money scout for deals and are careful what they purchase, not like you who saw the Ice Cream truck drive by and ran after it with a ten dollar bill. You licked that ice cream and man it tastes good, but what you dont realize is the guy that sold it to you wipes his rear end with the same hand you got your "I can afford it dream". That's long island.

It is a dying place. That's a fact. Just because you like it here and some 3 others living in their painted over baseboard heating/forced air shack collapsing and sliding-off-slab bungalows think differently doesn't mean you are right. Same thing can be said for my reasoning, except I'm reading actual facts and quotas that are published, counted, and verified. People are leaving more here than they are leaving elsewhere in the states with exception of California.

NY people moving to FL, CA people moving to AZ/TX. That is bad news for FL and AZ/TX residents but good for their economy. That is bad news for NY and CA economy but good for people.

One day when this migration is done and over, there will no longer be a tax base big enough to support the crime that's our county governments. They will leave too and at that point, the green grass can finally grow here. Until then, let the hell proceed.

Old 12-21-2020, 07:42 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,331,402 times
Quote:
Almost all of the long island towns have depreciated relative to inflation. I know you dont live in the hamptons because that's owned by rich and smart people. A broke fella like yourself lingering on these forums 24/7 doesnt really ring the genius bell, especially by the contents of your posts.

Let me also explain to you that a lot of people can afford it but chose to spend their money wisely, and by that I mean buying something better somewhere else, maybe two times, instead of once here on some floating garbage. In other words, rich people who have money scout for deals and are careful what they purchase, not like you who saw the Ice Cream truck drive by and ran after it with a ten dollar bill. You licked that ice cream and man it tastes good, but what you dont realize is the guy that sold it to you wipes his rear end with the same hand you got your "I can afford it dream". That's long island.

It is a dying place. That's a fact. Just because you like it here and some 3 others living in their painted over baseboard heating/forced air shack collapsing and sliding-off-slab bungalows think differently doesn't mean you are right. Same thing can be said for my reasoning, except I'm reading actual facts and quotas that are published, counted, and verified. People are leaving more here than they are leaving elsewhere in the states with exception of California.

NY people moving to FL, CA people moving to AZ/TX. That is bad news for FL and AZ/TX residents but good for their economy. That is bad news for NY and CA economy but good for people.

One day when this migration is done and over, there will no longer be a tax base big enough to support the crime that's our county governments. They will leave too and at that point, the green grass can finally grow here. Until then, let the hell proceed.
Def not broke, I got lots of free time! Since my $$ makes me $$ w/o working and my FT job is easy as I’m good at it and in high demand. if I spend $10 at a ice cream truck, I don’t care. My kids like it and there happiness for those moments is irrelevant to $10.

People have been leaving for 30 years wash rinse repeat, housing prices still going up.

Not everyone wants to live in fl/az/tx, that’s fine I own 50% of 3 houses in Florida in my portfolio. Great for me.

It’s just comical how you can’t understand people like living here. I don’t care what my costs are cause I can afford it. So what, other places have a better value. I know your type ny sucks blah blah, but yet you still live here. If you could afford it you would leave, but your upside down on your POS cape or ranch and can only sell it for land value so your stuck.

Old 12-21-2020, 07:49 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,920 times
Quote:

So you called your house crap the day you bought it? Well played. Actually that $300k house from 2009 is now about $475k maybe. Send the address so we can confirm that $1.2m valuation.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-21-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
So you called your house crap the day you bought it? Well played. Actually that $300k house from 2009 is now about $475k maybe. Send the address so we can confirm that $1.2m valuation.
Yes, it was crap and it still is crap. But it's the least crap from what we've seen at the time 2 years ago when we bought. This crap is now worthy of 500k. Will hit 1.2m+ at this rate of devaluation and it will make 09 look like a walk in the park.

I dont need to send you any address to verify anything. If I wanted to buy a house to live in and enjoy life - it wouldn't be here. We bought strictly to make money. Sell this house at some profit, use that money to buy the dip in crash which we did without selling and now we have choice to upgrade to something better or live in this crap further. At this point, it would be better to sell as if some idiot can spend 500k on it, let it be. Ill pocket the 200k tax free and dump into NASDAQ 100 then sell that for 2million in 15 years.

It's actually better to take out a bigger house loan and sell the current equity into high growth stocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island