Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 02:56 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,411,051 times

Advertisements

For homeowners Geico uses Narragansett Bay. Not the greatest Company. I work for an insurance broker and we have a few clients insured with Narragansett Bay but not through Geico through another agency. My boss is not a fan of this company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 03:09 PM

376 posts, read 310,439 times
Doesn’t Geico use various third party companies? I have Geico and I’m almost positive it’s a different company.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:59 PM

21 posts, read 19,121 times
I switched from Liberty Mutual to Geico a little over a year ago. For us, Geico brokered homeowner's insurance through Occidental/IAT. The premiums were substantially less. We recently had to submit a major claim, and while the field adjusters were very responsive and understanding about filing an appropriate assessment for the extent of the damage and with inflated local building costs in mind, the central office's initial offer was lower than we were expecting, and they are extremely slow to respond to requests or make decisions. It is still TBD how much they move from their undisputed amount offer, and how they handle our content claim, but our initial impression isn't great.

For example, we received an offer without any detail or breakdown on 3/14, and 3 full weeks later we still haven't had a breakdown released to us or even basic questions answered despite attempting to contact them almost every day. Pretty disappointing.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:10 PM

26 posts, read 20,947 times
I have Narragansett through Geico. Pretty happy with them, but also haven't needed to place a claim.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:16 AM

106,631 posts, read 108,773,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwsteg View Post
Doesn’t Geico use various third party companies? I have Geico and I’m almost positive it’s a different company.
we have travelers .geico would not write our renters insurance which they would put through travelers , because we are near a flood zone which never flooded .

but we went to travelers direct and they had no problem writing it

Old 04-05-2018, 09:04 AM

267 posts, read 598,595 times
We went to Geico 2 years ago. We tend to stay with the same companies. I called them up and they beat Nationwide by $1500. This includes my basement. We have never made a claim in 24 years and hope not to. It was to much of a savings to pass up. Our policy is subbed out to Cabrillo down in florida. Make the call and read them your policy line for line and you will be hard pressed not to consider the savings.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:36 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,411,051 times
Allstate has been very competitive with their rates compared to Nationwide. MY HO is with Nationwide but my Auto is with Allstate and Nationwide could not beat their price. I took my auto out of nationwide 4 years ago. I recently had my auto re-rated with nationwide just to see and Allstate was still a lot lower. Thought about switching my HO too not sure yet.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:43 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,961,951 times
I just tried calling Amica to compare with my current Merrimack Mutual and they were QUADRUPLE the price.

I am shopping now because apparently my home is over the amount they typically insure.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:38 PM

24 posts, read 17,312 times
I also have Narragansett. The funny thing is when I called geico to bundle my home with the auto their quote of Narragansett was way high. I went through a broker and got a cheaper quote.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:14 AM

116 posts, read 172,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Allstate has been very competitive with their rates compared to Nationwide. MY HO is with Nationwide but my Auto is with Allstate and Nationwide could not beat their price. I took my auto out of nationwide 4 years ago. I recently had my auto re-rated with nationwide just to see and Allstate was still a lot lower. Thought about switching my HO too not sure yet.
I'm an Allstate fan. Find your local Allstate office and walk in. They bundled my cars, flood, and homeowners. Nobody has been able to beat the pricing so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island