Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:46 AM

23,317 posts, read 29,186,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasbnd View Post
I love my cookie-cutter stucco house.
Get out a measuring tape and measure the depth of the stucco on your house in the newer areas of town, and then measure the stucco on my 40 year old townhouse in the inner city.

In the newer areas of stucco homes, all you need is a 4 inch thin nail to penetrate it. Here, I need a concrete drill bit to penetrate it. Believe me, I tried it once and gave up!

I like stucco too, if it provides added insulation for my house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 01:17 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,298,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I love the view coming down Lake Mead Blvd after I exit 215, especially at night
mmm...me too. I've often come into Vegas from the east...and driving through the Hoover Dam...and towards the strip....probably right about at that spot you described....very memorable.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:46 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,614,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
mmm...me too. I've often come into Vegas from the east...and driving through the Hoover Dam...and towards the strip....probably right about at that spot you described....very memorable.
that is memorable (the view) but you are mixing your roads up

Lake Mead Boulevard and 215 are in the far western edge of the valley. On the east side of 215 is Sun City Summerlin (mostly retirees) the west side of the freeway is the Spring Mountains, which create beautiful views if you're driving towards them (particularly at sunset) Lake Mead Blvd ends at 215, anything west of that is mountains

But If you're headed the opposite direction, east, you can see all of Las Vegas in front of you

I believe you are talking about the beginning of I-515 near Railroad Pass between Boulder City and Henderson and as you descend the hills in Henderson, you can see all of Vegas in front of you

If you want to see another great beautiful view, you should head north on 215 towards Lone Mountain, which would be on the right. The steep winding grade along with the mountain is beautiful as well. With a view of Centennial Hills in the distance

Old 06-10-2010, 09:26 AM

932 posts, read 2,354,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
that is memorable (the view) but you are mixing your roads up
It's an easy mistake to make - Lake Mead Boulevard on the north and northwest side, Lake Mead Parkway on the southeast side.

I agree with Davie about the view from Lake Mead Boulevard but would offer that it's even better, especially at night, where Summerlin Parkway meets the 215.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 AM

2 posts, read 5,398 times
Grofica- would love to see pictures of your remodel. A lot of areas where mentioned to look in- are they still near Henderson. We have family in Henderson, so we want to be near them.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:49 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,614,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
It's an easy mistake to make - Lake Mead Boulevard on the north and northwest side, Lake Mead Parkway on the southeast side.

I agree with Davie about the view from Lake Mead Boulevard but would offer that it's even better, especially at night, where Summerlin Parkway meets the 215.
I've seen that as well and yes it is a very beautiful view

Old 06-10-2010, 10:56 AM

930 posts, read 1,822,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
I know a little how you feel. I am not one for the cookie cutter homes either but I don’t think they are ugly I just NEED individuality.... I hate the thought of knowing exactly what my neighbor’s house looks like just because we have the same style ha ha ha ha…

I

during the housing boom years, developers were getting zone changes to squeeze as many houses together in their developments and only had a few floorplans for those areas. thats why they all look the same although there are minor differences between units. but I hate that look also. who wants to touch their neighbors house by sticking their arm out the window??!! some are so close together you can hardly walk between them. I dont blame the OP at all.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM

515 posts, read 1,182,506 times
All together now!

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky tacky,
Little boxes all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.

And the people in the houses
All went to the university,
Where they were put in boxes
And they came out all the same,
And there's doctors and lawyers,
And business executives,

And they all play on the golf course
And drink their martinis dry,
And they all have pretty children
And the children go to school,
And the children go to summer camp
And then to the university,
Where they are put in boxes
And they come out all the same.

And the boys go into business
And marry and raise a family
In boxes made of ticky tacky

Old 06-10-2010, 06:29 PM

23,317 posts, read 29,186,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
during the housing boom years, developers were getting zone changes to squeeze as many houses together in their developments and only had a few floorplans for those areas. thats why they all look the same although there are minor differences between units.
If I lived in a neighborhood like this, where the houses all look alike, I would always make sure my doors were locked before I went to sleep at night.

You take a neighbor, coming home from a bar having had too much to drink,
mistakes your house for his house. You wake up the next morning and there's someone sleeping on your living room sofa, or worse yet, you're a sound sleeper and you wake up and they're in bed with you!

Old 06-10-2010, 08:27 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,559,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiminani View Post
All together now!

Little boxes made of ticky tacky,
Little boxes all the same.
You must have missed my original post (7/27/2008) on the same subject. And when I say original...I modified the words for Las Veags, specifically.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...estions-2.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas