Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 02:43 PM

159 posts, read 287,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude64 View Post
dont believe craigs list, someone mentioned on this thread it was an individual not part of the process cutting and pasting the jobs on there
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhoua View Post
I have been reading this thread for a while now and today I decided to post my experience & findings. I also applied for bartender and went through the 3 interviews. the last one happened after I took my drug test
Anyways after months of waiting I called today and pressed the cc representative like I have never done before (yes I feel very disappointed and pissed at how CC keeps us all hanging there like puppets)
I basically told her that I'm calling because I have been getting the same line for the past months in regards to " you are still a top candidate and blahhhhhhhblahh..." and today, I would like to tell you I have people I know that already got hired in my department and when they went to pick a shift there was only graveyard available and they were the last ones on that list (i'm refereing to pixy's post about that) I also said to her that I would like cc to show me the same courtesy I demonstrated toward them by just being HONEST. She finally gathered herself and stopped reading from that stupid canned message they all have posted above their screen and told me it's true that by this coming friday Oct 2 THERE WILL BE NO MORE JOB OFFERS MADE FOR Bartender dept!!! she also added that the reason they have not sent you a rejection letter or put your account inactive is because they would like to keep some there just in case some of the already hired drop out or they need to add more staff after opening. WOW
I should have made the same call awhile back I mean she let it all out
I thanked her for being truthful (finally someone) and told her that now I know what to do, she replied by saying If you intend to withraw your application you ought to wait until CC does it on your behalf in case we need you. I replied no thank you I have seen another position at another property that i'd like to pursue and cannot do that while this one is still pending. I finally said by monday morning I'll be doing just that. NO MORE WAITING FOR ME, thank you
Here it is folks I decided to post it here to let everyone know what they are doing. The rest is up to you. I can't make my mind up for you but I made up my decision already
Omg I'm so sad last day is tomorrow to get a call
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 02:46 PM

59 posts, read 106,528 times
Ihoua, I hate to hear that Oct 2 will be the last day for the bartender department to send out job offers. But I am glad that you spoke up! That's awsome! I can only continue to pray and hope for not just bartenders, not just servers but EVERYONE that has gone through this nerve racking, mental frustrating hiring process!! Everyone has gotton so far. I'm am keeping faith that those of you that are STILL waiting for that call will come for you. If any of you has given up your faith in geting hired I will hold up some for you. I am behind ALL of you 100%! I may not know you all personally but I still look at you all as friends do to, we all have been going through this storm together. But keep in mind you all, the storm is hard and scary but I assure you there is ALWAYS a blessing waiting after the storm. Even if it is not this place there is something even BETTER awaiting you. Just remember all of you, fath moves GOD. What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what WE hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see. I will continue to keep you all my my prayer even if I do not know you by name in hopes you will do the same for me. Stay strong, even if you fall you will not break!!

Old 10-01-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
sincitylegal, what position did u apply for again. Also is anyone else having problems with connecting to chatzy-city centers careers chat
Shoot!! I am!! I registerd but none of my damn messages or chats are popn up! Wtf?!! Lol

Old 10-01-2009, 02:51 PM

112 posts, read 262,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitylegal View Post
Security for sure. As for other departments, I jusy don't know. At lease that is what I was told.

I'm waiting for security at Mandarin Oriental. The guy told me that they are still making decisions and they would be done in a few days.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitylegal View Post
I think when this is all over, being hired or not, we should get together and celebrate that IT'S OVER. lol
I'll make the drinks and drink to THAT!! Lol

Old 10-01-2009, 03:02 PM

31 posts, read 69,655 times
Maybe someone will find this info useful...

I applied for a position at Bellagio, had my first interview with the department head there. I was called today by an HR rep from CC to schedule a drug test. It looks like the CC HR people are handling EVERYTHING for the MGM properties, so it seems they are plenty busy.

Good luck to everyone!

Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl65 View Post
You also get your benefits from the union, providing you work enough hours to qualify for it. Culinary medical insurance is one of the best in the nation. My monthly union dues are $41.50. They also have all sorts of discounts and whatnot available to members
Well I'll be working full time so I should make the hrs for the beneifts. Is that fee something they take out your pay or something you send in?

Old 10-01-2009, 03:08 PM

31 posts, read 56,928 times
Question 2 Early 2 Give-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCenteno View Post
Now THAT is funny as heck !

What really stinks is that many folks here who justifiably assumed that they would be getting a job offer many weeks ago after having obviously passed their drug test have wasted precious time in searching for, and possibly attaining, other work that may not be longer available as time has lapsed.
Any person that refused ANY job offer in anticipation for CC is a REAL "nutcase"
Well I guess I am the biggest nutcase there is. I am a medical transporter by trade for the last 7 years and unemployed since March. I was a pantry worker local 226 by trade before that, 17 years experience. There have been 2 openings for a medical transporter over this 6 month period that I passed-up only because city center told me congratulations over the phone. Now I believe that was a false sense. I wanted to wait for the better company as a medical transporter does not make a lot of money or descent benefits, sad to say. I am still hopeful and will take what I can get if the opportunity comes. I’ll put off any jobs below that expectation, for now…

Old 10-01-2009, 03:09 PM

30 posts, read 57,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy26 View Post
Well I'll be working full time so I should make the hrs for the beneifts. Is that fee something they take out your pay or something you send in?
Yes, they deduct it from your paycheck.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:20 PM

112 posts, read 262,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblietta View Post
Well I guess I am the biggest nutcase there is. I am a medical transporter by trade for the last 7 years and unemployed since March. I was a pantry worker local 226 by trade before that, 17 years experience. There have been 2 openings for a medical transporter over this 6 month period that I passed-up only because city center told me congratulations over the phone. Now I believe that was a false sense. I wanted to wait for the better company as a medical transporter does not make a lot of money or descent benefits, sad to say. I am still hopeful and will take what I can get if the opportunity comes. I’ll put off any jobs below that expectation, for now…
I wouldn't turn down much in this dreadful economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas