Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 12:34 AM

307 posts, read 268,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I have an idea how about we get all unnecessarily nitpicky and ruin what was a nice thread.

Oh, wait. You already did. If you criticize for no apparent reason except, perhaps to make yourself feel important or better than others I will juxtapose my little heart out.

Have you noticed yet that no one else has a problem with that post. Seriously, get a grip.
The reason nobody else has a problem is because they are either lurkers, jaded or both.

Don't see how I made myself feel important at all. Did I sit there and say how I'm from some small town and where I come from has the best steaks according to me? That Vegas is some desert where their best cattle is grown on the Bundy ranch? No, I don't think so. I minded my boundaries very much, thank you.

WorldKlas, way back when seems to be a common theme here. Its always those darn rose tinted glasses that get the best of us isn't it? Its ok, proven human nature. Look at how we ended up with our current leadership. Things were obviously so much better when we were in our youth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 10:14 AM

5 posts, read 3,881 times
Triple George Grill on 3rd and Fremont.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:54 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,671,749 times
I really like the local chain, Blueberry Hill. They make the best lemonade.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:37 AM

1,047 posts, read 728,154 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I really like the local chain, Blueberry Hill. They make the best lemonade.
We got sick there and thought it was so bad. Ordered breakfast. Hard to go wrong? Eggs benedict from hell. Glad you enjoyed.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:23 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,138,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
We got sick there and thought it was so bad. Ordered breakfast. Hard to go wrong? Eggs benedict from hell. Glad you enjoyed.
For breakfast, you want The Cracked Egg. Indulge in the coffee cake which is offered as a toast / side.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:38 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,422,328 times
Here are a few of my choices:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
Fill in whichever blanks you'd like.

Favorite American Food Restaurant: Black Bear Diner
Favorite Steak House: Hugo Cellar
Favorite Mexican Restaurant: Drive to L.A. and go to El Tepeyac Cafe
Favorite Pizza Restaurant: Pizza Rock
Favorite BBQ Restaurant: Pot Liquor
Favorite Brazilian Churrasco Restaurant: Texas de Brazil
Favorite Pub: Miller's Ale House
Favorite Burger Restaurant: Anthony's Burgers & Brews
Favorite Fast Food Restaurant: Blaze Pizza
Favorite Sit Down Style Chain Restaurant: Cheesecake Factory
Favorite Breakfast Restaurant: Crepe Expectations
Favorite Mai Tai: Islands

Old 11-14-2017, 10:12 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,267,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
For breakfast, you want The Cracked Egg. Indulge in the coffee cake which is offered as a toast / side.

That's my favorite breakfast place.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:58 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,523,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I have an idea how about we get all unnecessarily nitpicky and ruin what was a nice thread.

Oh, wait. You already did. If you criticize for no apparent reason except, perhaps to make yourself feel important or better than others I will juxtapose my little heart out.

Have you noticed yet that no one else has a problem with that post. Seriously, get a grip.
Put Quebon on ignore. Got tired of the nitpickiness about the first week.

Iowa is grain fed cattle country. Delish. There used to be wonderful supper clubs near Iowa city and just west of there. Its been 30+ years since I was there. Wonder if they still have them. Fabulous food. Do not remeber a single name of one.

Oh and dining in the Amana Colonies was divine if you liked home cooking. Much better quality than Cracker Barrel, or Bob's Ranch house.

Wish I could remember the name of the Italian place here we ate with some friends, they picked. On Saraha, close to the Palms in the back corner of a stip mall, guess its been there for a long time. It was good!

Old 11-16-2017, 05:33 AM

Default great

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Will check out. Thanks.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:46 AM

Default Braun

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
Here are a few of my choices:
C_A_ Thanks for the bar be que tip. I have been asking for that or soul food or just plain Southern. New here. I looked it up and it IS on Las Vegas BLVD (HOT LIQUOR) but says it is in town sq. Just wanted to confirm not a hotel or maze of parking structures? Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas