Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 07:44 PM

307 posts, read 267,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That Fat Greek. Decatur and Flamingo strip mall. Hole in the wall. Delicious Greek food.
Unfortunately that is not Greek food, it is a fast food Gyro shop. Just go to Milos for fresh Greek food. The Mezze is a great appetizer and the karidopita is a very good authentic Greek dessert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 08:02 PM

8,153 posts, read 8,354,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebon View Post
Unfortunately that is not Greek food, it is a fast food Gyro shop. Just go to Milos for fresh Greek food. The Mezze is a great appetizer and the karidopita is a very good authentic Greek dessert.
Agree about The Fat Greek. Food is quite good but not really a broad selection of Greek food.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:09 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebon View Post
Super expensive and mostly seafood.

I think Meraki is decent, but again it's mostly fast food.

I have yet to find authentic and affordable Greek food in Las Vegas.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 PM

307 posts, read 267,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post

Well then you're just not going to. I was simply providing the best option available and it happens to be Milos. The Greek food festival really does well to showcase the Greek culture of the city. Dina Titus shows her face and the vast majority of other folks are real whitebread-type Greeks who know nothing of their culture. You'll need to expand your horizons beyond Vegas for this and possibly into Los Angeles as a last resort. Though the real Greeks are mainly easterners if for nothing else their proximity to Europe.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:18 AM

8,153 posts, read 8,354,049 times
Quote:

I appreciate the input. We tried Milos. Also mostly seafood and pricey. I’ll try Market Grill Cafe and Meraki, and I guess indulge in Greek mostly when we are here in Dallas (where we live part time). Had some good mediterannian food last night very reasonably priced and it made me long for the same at a nice restaurant in LV. Oh well.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:52 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,519,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I appreciate the input. We tried Milos. Also mostly seafood and pricey. I’ll try Market Grill Cafe and Meraki, and I guess indulge in Greek mostly when we are here in Dallas (where we live part time). Had some good mediterannian food last night very reasonably priced and it made me long for the same at a nice restaurant in LV. Oh well.
MIlos used to have a very reasonable lunch menu.

What type of greek foods are you looking for since everything suggeested wasn't what you are looking for.

Sorry not a fan of greek foods unless I'm in Greece. But I love fresh fish.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:26 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:

Lebanese food is quite similar to Greek, though the bread is very different. Check out Hedary's.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:22 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
We got sick there and thought it was so bad. Ordered breakfast. Hard to go wrong? Eggs benedict from hell. Glad you enjoyed.
I'm sorry that you had a bad breakfast, fly_me. I've never had Eggs Benedict. I LOATH runny eggs.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:02 AM

1,047 posts, read 726,727 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I'm sorry that you had a bad breakfast, fly_me. I've never had Eggs Benedict. I LOATH runny eggs.
What is known to be good there? Thanks for the kind note.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:39 AM

134 posts, read 177,887 times
I know this is a very subjective subject as everyone’s taste is different but I love breakfast. That being said I really like Village Hub breakfast. Plus it’s really reasonably priced. Also, Mr. Mama’s is also very good in my opinion & the owners & staff are so very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas